Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Riotzact View Post
    I'm honestly not trying to argue with you here, I would just hate for you to go into the show with a negative stigma becuase of something I think you are misinterpreting or at the very least overreacting to.
    Not how I took it at all. Nothing you've posted says "Argument".

I just get the feeling that Marvel/Netflix want to use that "Punisher" cookie cutter on everything that is coming after it.

Seems like making Danny into more of an Orson would be how they do it to Iron Fist. Then again, they might not.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not how I took it at all. Nothing you've posted says "Argument".

I just get the feeling that Marvel/Netflix want to use that "Punisher" cookie cutter on everything that is coming after it.

Seems like making Danny into more of an Orson would be how they do it to Iron Fist. Then again, they might not.
    Are you really just going to ignore the character's history and the evidence I shared on how his rage was a clear aspect of the character when he became Iron Fist and first returned to New York?

Mighty Member

Looks nice! and i think it's different how Marvel is doing adult themed shows on Netflix and doing quite well with them.

I hope they do a Tales from the Darkside/Crypt/Werewolf (1987 show) style anthology show that consists of different episodes of Werewolf by Night/Blade/Man-Thing can come and maybe also a comedy-adventure show based on Howard The Duck called Marvel's Howard which would be Deadpool meets Sunny in Philadelphia/Son of Zorn be nice too.

Fantastic Member

Iron Fist (both the character AND the show) could potentially work as a pretty cool counterpoint to Daredevil. DD was 'given' powers (albeit in fairly traumatic circumstances) then went through a lot of training to master them. Iron Fist went through a lot of training and was then given powers (assuming the MCU version does directly obtain power from the Dragon's heart having won the right to do so.) DD had the principled hero up against a man with lots of money and vision... Danny Rand IS a man with lots of money and vision. They do have some basic similarities but come at things from very different directions.

Hopefully it will follow a similar route to DD and Jessica Jones whereby the villain gets focus and characterisation to reflect the hero's. If said villain is Davos and he's given a respectful and sympathetic treatment there can still be an Asian character on a similar level to Danny without any ''racelifting'' necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Are you really just going to ignore the character's history and the evidence I shared on how his rage was a clear aspect of the character when he became Iron Fist and first returned to New York?
    Based on that the "PTSD" bit screams "Orson" in a couple of different ways, yes.

Danny had rage, but they are pretty clearly saying there is more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Based on that the "PTSD" bit screams "Orson" in a couple of different ways, yes.

Danny had rage, but they are pretty clearly saying there is more to it than that.
    I'm not seeing why it's a bad thing. Do you even know what PTSD means?

It's a mental disorder resulting from experiencing a traumatic event outside the range of usual human experience. Having high stress experiences based on his loss of his parents and what happened to them isn't exactly unrealistic. This is the origin of the character, and in the early comics, Danny was an emotional young guy who was full of rage and emotions.

The arc I see here is that Rand probably has rage and is emotional about his past, but he comes to grip with them in order to become the true Iron Fist.

Finn Jones posted this quote on his Instagram that could be a line from the show:

“Daniel, wait. Do you know the secret of forever? I want to tell you something my father once told me. Decapitation, asphyxiation, blunt trauma, strangulation...any number of paths to a single result. Your heart stops beating. Don’t you see? All death comes from the heart. Armor yourself...make your body hard and keep your heart soft. If you can protect your heart, you will never die. This is the secret of forever. You may feel like an outsider now...but one day, if you earn it, you will be invited to eat the fruit of immortality. And then you will truly be among us.”

The PTSD and rage aspects were actually kind of explored in Iron Fist: The Living Weapon.
    Last edited by TheVileOne; 11-06-2016 at 11:33 PM.