Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default New Batwoman ongoing announced

Just came across my Twitter feed. A new Batwoman series is set to debut with a one-shot in February and the first issue debuting in March from creative team Marguerite Bennett, James Tynion IV and Steve Epting.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...0?sf38024560=1
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja

BANNED

Marguerite Bennett? *sigh* Interest lost. I like Kate a lot but, no. Just no.

First Greg Rucka takes over WW and turns into an arrogant killjoy, now they've got Bennett on Batwoman, jeez DC. I want to enjoy these characters, I really do.

I was with you DC but you should have got Rucka to write this
    Bennett just guarantees I'll have to skip it til the first trade to see quality

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Marguerite Bennett? *sigh* Interest lost. I like Kate a lot but, no. Just no.

First Greg Rucka takes over WW and turns into an arrogant killjoy, now they've got Bennett on Batwoman, jeez DC. I want to enjoy these characters, I really do.
    arrogant killjoy?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

New Batwoman ongoing? YAY!

With Bennett and Tynion involved? BOO!

Sorry as much as I love Batwoman that combination is an instant pass.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    New Batwoman ongoing? YAY!

With Bennett and Tynion involved? BOO!

Sorry as much as I love Batwoman that combination is an instant pass.
    I wouldn't go quite as far as "an instant pass", but I would say it's less likely I'd be interested in it.

If they start with the one-shot, I might be more likely to give that a try and then decide from there.

Mighty Member

Man talk about being excited and getting disappointed very quickly.

Spectacular Member Earth-2 Refugee's Avatar

I have one question: Who is going to lead the team when she leaves for her own series?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wouldn't go quite as far as "an instant pass", but I would say it's less likely I'd be interested in it.

If they start with the one-shot, I might be more likely to give that a try and then decide from there.
    For myself its more that the writers attached have completely killed my interest. Tynion's involvement alone is enough for me to give this a pass.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Hmm... a lot of people don't seem to like the creative team for this one. I need to hear more about the premise before i decide to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Earth-2 Refugee View Post
    I have one question: Who is going to lead the team when she leaves for her own series?
    I imagine she'll still be leading the team. A character having a solo doesn't mean they can't also be on a team. See Justice League.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I don't care much for Batwoman. I don't think I've read anything by Bennett. Tynion, no thanks.

STEVE EPTING!!! Holy shit, I might just have to get the trades for the art alone!
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by Master Man View Post
    STEVE EPTING!!! Holy shit, I might just have to get the trades for the art alone!
    Exactly what I was thinking. I saw Steve Epting and immediately I am on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Marguerite Bennett? *sigh* Interest lost. I like Kate a lot but, no. Just no
    I feel the same. Got really excited when I first saw the announcement but seeing Bennett as the writer I just lost all interest. I despised Angela Queen of Hel.

I'd love a Batwoman ongoing but not with Bennett as writer. I'll probably be passing on this...