Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Julia Pennyworth will appear in this series, according to Tynion at the NYCC Batfamily panel. That makes a lot of sense. Julia can both be Kate's mission control and assist her in the field. We'll see how it actually shakes out, but that's cool news.
    The sassiness and snarkiness of this book will be glorious .

BANNED

That page is an outlier. I haven't read everything Bennett has written, but I've never seen anything else like that in her work. And again, that particular book was lighthearted.
    It's a terrible outlier though, was she drunk or something? seriously it looks as if an anti Frank Miller hijacked the comic for that page, I've seen photo shop edits that read more smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    It's a terrible outlier though, was she drunk or something? seriously it looks as if an anti Frank Miller hijacked the comic for that page, I've seen photo shop edits that read more smoother.
    What do you mean, exactly? It sounds like you're talking about the art.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

What do you mean, exactly? It sounds like you're talking about the art.
    As in the change in font and the ridiculous dialogue that went with it.

As in the change in font and the ridiculous dialogue that went with it.
    The font changes are supposed to be censor bars, is that what you mean? As for the dialogue itself, that's kind of the point. That book's not supposed to be serious, from what I understand.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

BANNED

The font changes are supposed to be censor bars, is that what you mean? As for the dialogue itself, that's kind of the point. That book's not supposed to be serious, from what I understand.
    Are we reading the same scan? the font changed before and after the censored parts, the writer isn't being tongue in cheek, she's preaching and being an ass about it to boot. It wont prevent me from reading Batwoman but that's All Star Batman and Robin level crap, except Bennet hasn't done anything in Frank Miller's ballpark.

Are we reading the same scan? the font changed before and after the censored parts, the writer isn't being tongue in cheek, she's preaching and being an ass about it to boot. It wont prevent me from reading Batwoman but that's All Star Batman and Robin level crap, except Bennet hasn't done anything in Frank Miller's ballpark.
    Asgardians use a different speech font than everyone else. That shouldn't be an issue. And even if it were, that's not really something you can blame Bennett for, is it?

I didn't mean she's being tongue-in-cheek, I meant that the book has a level of humor about it and isn't all serious, at least from the way others who have read it describe it. YMMV on whether the humor is funny or not, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be. I don't find it hilarious or anything, but I don't think it's preachy, either. Especially not when I don't have the rest of the comic for comparison.

BANNED

Asgardians use a different speech font than everyone else. That shouldn't be an issue.

I didn't mean she's being tongue-in-cheek, I meant that the book has a level of humor about it and isn't all serious, at least from the way others who have read it describe it. YMMV on whether the humor is funny or not, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be. I don't find it hilarious or anything, but I don't think it's preachy, either. Especially notwhen I don't have the rest of the comic for context.
    Asgardians dont care about misogyny and meninism and Israel either.
    This is literally the same excuse apologists use for All-Star Batman and Robin, there's a clear line between humor and bad writing. Others have made it clear that there isn't any additional context to it.

Asgardians dont care about misogyny and meninism and Israel either.
    This is literally the same excuse apologists use for All-Star Batman and Robin, there's a clear line between humor and bad writing. Others have made it clear that there isn't any additional context to it.
    Okay, so be it. If there's no additional context, it's just a one-off page. It's not worth making a big deal over if that's the case and none of her other writing exhibits the same things to such an extent.

BANNED

I think it's funny how a lot of the people who complain about Bennett's image being tainted by that panel from Angela did the exact same thing to Milo Manara when his infamous Spider Woman cover came out. You've got 2 creators who have worked in comics for years who will always be associated with a single negative example of their work just because some people couldn't keep their outrage to themselves. I don't like Bennett but she should be known for more than just that panel. So should Manara and that one mediocre cover.

This is how I feel internet outrage really hurts creators. If someone's work is consistently bad or offensive, fine. But a single easily ignorable mistake does not justify that kind of backlash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I think it's funny how a lot of the people who complain about Bennett's image being tainted by that panel from Angela did the exact same thing to Milo Manara when his infamous Spider Woman cover came out. You've got 2 creators who have worked in comics for years who will always be associated with a single negative example of their work just because some people couldn't keep their outrage to themselves. I don't like Bennett but she should be known for more than just that panel. So should Manara and that one mediocre cover.

This is how I feel internet outrage really hurts creators. If someone's work is consistently bad or offensive, fine. But a single easily ignorable mistake does not justify that kind of backlash.
    I dont find that page offensive, just terrible and would rather the writer not repeat that kind of writing in a book that I do plan to read.

I guess this means... That the Bat-Team will be dissolved soon.. for investigate the rebirth...

I guess that Steph and Cass will come out later in some comic.... DC did not say impossible to put both girls in birds of prey someday... I doubt they appear as secondary characters in the batwoman comics..

They have respected the character and not repeated the same mistake of putting the character in "The cover of rebirth" with another characters and then forget the character.
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-07-2016 at 12:25 PM.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Julia Pennyworth will appear in this series, according to Tynion at the NYCC Batfamily panel. That makes a lot of sense. Julia can both be Kate's mission control and assist her in the field. We'll see how it actually shakes out, but that's cool news.
    I'm...excited and worried. Worried because I like Julia a lot, and don't really trust Bennett to write her (I trust her more on Kate), but I will remain hopeful.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I'm...excited and worried. Worried because I like Julia a lot, and don't really trust Bennett to write her (I trust her more on Kate), but I will remain hopeful.
    Interesting. Any reason why? They seem like similar enough characters, but with their own subtleties.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Interesting. Any reason why? They seem like similar enough characters, but with their own subtleties.
    Mmm. It's mostly related to the fact that while I'm not super happy with the way Bennett writes Kate in Bombshells, it's not terrible. I guess I just don't trust her to write Julie because I dislike the way she writes almost everyone in the Bombshells universe, with the partial exception of Kate.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord