View Poll Results: Who are your favorite Furies? (MULTIPLE CHOICE)

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Artemiz

4 6.35%
  • Bernadeth

10 15.87%
  • Big Barda

41 65.08%
  • Bloody Mary

7 11.11%
  • Gilotina

15 23.81%
  • Knockout

12 19.05%
  • Lashina

38 60.32%
  • Mad Harriet

14 22.22%
  • Malice Vundabar

6 9.52%
  • Speed Queen

5 7.94%
  • Stompa

12 19.05%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Well, you can supervise the bear from the other side of the fence
    I mean, Barda went through the same thing as they did and she's pretty together. Like I said, the rehabilitation could be done on New Genesis til it's safe to put them on Earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I mean, Barda went through the same thing as they did and she's pretty together. Like I said, the rehabilitation could be done on New Genesis til it's safe to put them on Earth.
    True, but as I said, she has an anchor to keep her grounded in Scott Free, the others don't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    True, but as I said, she has an anchor to keep her grounded in Scott Free, the others don't have that.
    Barda could always be their anchor.

But honestly there are so few credible female villains out there, and the Furies for all purposes should be pretty important villains since they serve DC's supposed "Big Bad" as his elite guard (when they're not getting KO'd by Lois Lane, of course). I'd love to see some development for the Furies, but not really at the cost of them being prominent baddies.

Look who's going to pop up in the amazing Mister Miracle series?

MISTER MIRACLE #7
    Written by TOM KING • Art by MITCH GERADS • Cover by NICK DERINGTON • Variant cover by MITCH GERADS
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Mister Miracle and Big Barda are in a panic. The war with Apokolips isn’t going well. And it’s Barda’s turn to have her past come crashing back into her present as the Female Furies appear on the scene with blood on their minds. Continuing the acclaimed miniseries that Entertainment Weekly called “by far the best comic on the stands right now.”
    On sale MARCH 14 • 32 pg, FC, 7 of 12, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

I'm hoping they completely ignore the embarrassing Superman story arc.

I kind of love them all and wish they'd get more characterization. I mean, how many all-villainess teams do we have in comics - not many!

I've posted in other related threads that I need a better definition of what makes a New God a god, and I'll drop that notion here too as they don't get portrayed consistently.

I mean Lois taking out the Furies is like that time Catwoman or Batman knocked out the Barbara Minerva Cheetah. ::rolls eyes:: It just shouldn't happen.

I'd love to see some of the Furies past Granny, Barda, Lashina, Knockout, and Bernadeth get interesting characterizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Look who's going to pop up in the amazing Mister Miracle series?

MISTER MIRACLE #7
    Written by TOM KING • Art by MITCH GERADS • Cover by NICK DERINGTON • Variant cover by MITCH GERADS
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    Mister Miracle and Big Barda are in a panic. The war with Apokolips isn’t going well. And it’s Barda’s turn to have her past come crashing back into her present as the Female Furies appear on the scene with blood on their minds. Continuing the acclaimed miniseries that Entertainment Weekly called “by far the best comic on the stands right now.”
    On sale MARCH 14 • 32 pg, FC, 7 of 12, $3.99 US • MATURE READERS

I'm hoping they completely ignore the embarrassing Superman story arc.
    My first thought was that this issue is probably going to make up for a lot of the issues with the Furies' depiction in Superman.

Even the cover alone looks better, visually.

The Furies are back in Wonder Woman #39! They don't really do much but Darkseid trusts them (and the Deep Six) more than the other members of his elite. I *really* hope they're able to get the artifacts he needs without much trouble from Steve and the Oddfellows, because really... what are they going to do against some of the deadliest warrior goddesses out there?

Also, first New 52/Rebirth appearance of Gilotina!

Astonishing Member

I liked her whip thing, but I guess a sword does make more sense.

It's great seeing the more-or-less classic versions of the Furies again. They've always been among my favorite Fourth World characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

The Furies are back in Wonder Woman #39! They don't really do much but Darkseid trusts them (and the Deep Six) more than the other members of his elite. I *really* hope they're able to get the artifacts he needs without much trouble from Steve and the Oddfellows, because really... what are they going to do against some of the deadliest warrior goddesses out there?

I really REALLY like their designs in this. Now, just make them ridiculously FORMIDABLE please.

Some of the most random news today: Malice Vundabar (yes, the Fury) is going to be a series regular in the Harley Quinn cartoon!

[MALICE VUNDABAR] Early 20s, pretty, but over it. She’s an alien (but looks human) and her family is crazy rich and powerful, she’s interning with Harley’s gang for college credit. The only thing she cares about is her demonic shadow cat named Chessure that she carries around in her designer purse. It’s a friend and fashion item and it destroys everything it sees. (SERIES REGULAR)

I could not be more excited for the Furies in Mister Miracle 7!

I don't know much about any of them.

For instance, are they super-strong? If so, to what level? What about old Granny? What can she do?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I don't know much about any of them.

For instance, are they super-strong? If so, to what level? What about old Granny? What can she do?
    They're all New Gods, born on Apokolips. They're all super strong, super durable, super fast... in general, super. Although their depictions change from writer to writer. They're also immortal in the sense they'll never die of old age, though they obviously can be killed.

Lashina uses electro-whips. Her strength level is probably on par with Aquaman.

Stompa is the physically strongest (at least on Wonder Woman's level I'd say) and uses anti-matter boots that can cause earthquakes.

Mad Harriet uses energy-spiked claws and is probably on Spider-Man's strength level.

Bernadeth uses a fahren-dagger which burns its victims from the inside out, and she's similar in strength levels to Mad Harriet.

The others all vary but they're typically depicted as less powerful than the core Furies.

Granny, on the other hand, is probably stronger than all of them (sans Stompa).

A good depiction of them was from the Superman animated series.