Mighty Member

Default Squadron Supreme #12

For all of the complaints I have heard about some titles, the "Civil War 2" cross-over has been one of the best things to happen with the current "Squadron Supreme" series. It has direction, maybe even a high concept.

I am not sure of the "how". But, it looks like the the "what" is going to involve a schism on the Squadron and Namor coming back. (And, for the type of series this has been, "what" is probably more important than the details of "how".)

-the Zarda fight is too dialogue heavy for a comic published in 2016. Admittedly, both characters are supposed to be Bronze/Silver Age throwbacks. And, the dialogue was likely a stylistic riff, similar to Blur's internal monologues in earlier issues. But, it read clumsily, especially as an element of the fight was that one of the combatants had been so severely de-powered.

-good use of the Hammond Torch to call out Blur.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I can't believe this book made it to 12 issues. It feels so lost

remember this premise and solicit...

They’re each the sole survivor of a lost Earth and they’ll do anything to protect this one, whether you like it or not. The Squadron Supreme -- comprising Hyperion (Avengers), Nighthawk (Supreme Power), Dr. Spectrum (the Great Society), Blur (DP7) and Power Princess -- are a team that doesn’t ask permission or what the rules are. To them all that matters is the safety of Earth and if you stand in the way...that’s your problem! Tell that to the Squadron’s first target -- Namor, destroyer of Dr. Spectrum’s homeworld, who will have to pay for his crimes...but at what cost to the people of Atlantis.

what the hell happened
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I can't believe this book made it to 12 issues. It feels so lost

remember this premise and solicit...

They’re each the sole survivor of a lost Earth and they’ll do anything to protect this one, whether you like it or not. The Squadron Supreme -- comprising Hyperion (Avengers), Nighthawk (Supreme Power), Dr. Spectrum (the Great Society), Blur (DP7) and Power Princess -- are a team that doesn’t ask permission or what the rules are. To them all that matters is the safety of Earth and if you stand in the way...that’s your problem! Tell that to the Squadron’s first target -- Namor, destroyer of Dr. Spectrum’s homeworld, who will have to pay for his crimes...but at what cost to the people of Atlantis.

what the hell happened
    they killed Namor; as promised. they also pursued the Thunderbolts; who escaped because they have a reality warper. now they are trying to thwart Warrior Woman's designs on Earth; by any means necessary. :shrugs:

Mighty Member

There has been a lack of over-all direction to this series. It is good enough to stay because I love the Squadron. But, if this were not a Squadron series, I would have dropped it a while ago.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

There is a curious panel with Nighthawk next to painted face Ulysss in the vision as it happens - Hyperion fighting Nighthawk - because we don't know how Nighthawk got there. The last we saw Nighthawk, he chased Blue Marvel as Dr Brashear flew away. I don't know how that led to this panel with Ulysses in a vision.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Whatever happens, don't kill off Nighthawk. I'm dying for him and Blue Marvel to have a discussion or two before teaming up on a mission.