View Poll Results: Do you think Lois really died for good?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • She Dead

25 27.17%
  • She Not Dead

27 29.35%
  • Something more complicated.

40 43.48%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who here thinks the "twist" in Superwoman #1 will stick *spoilers*

Let's take it to the polls. Who thinks Lois will actually be gone for good?

I think not. A book about Lana won't keep? Lois AND Lana? Gold.

I do think maybe she is dead, I never saw them sticking with the two Lois Lanes thing for very long and even if they do bring her back they will kill her down the line like New 52 Superman so Mom Lois will be the only one. So either way it probably ends with her dying unless they reveal that her and New 52 Superman are the Pre New 52 versions.

Wow, dead even

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Lol I'll be that guy who messes it up.

But yeah I think it's more complicated just as it is with the New 52 Superman.

BANNED

On this interview, jimenez barely mentions lois and lana, he avoid saying the name of the character. http://www.comicosity.com/interview-...hs-superwoman/

then on suppporting cast says: lana,steel, natasha. on twitter he said that steel and natacha live on same house that lana, so this is her supporting cast.
    there isn't a Lois supporting cast, it is all from lana side.

seems like lois is dead or it is something more complicated. I don't expect seeing her so soon on superwoman

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

I think the N52 Lois is "dead" in the same way N52 Superman is "dead". IMHO this issue made it clear - both N52 Lois and N52 Clark were dying from the minute the pre-52 Lois and Clark showed up. One misconception has been that pre-52 Lois and Clark were from a different world, but Convergence made it clear they were from a different timeline or point in time in this timeline. Once they reappeared in this timeline then N52 Lois and Clark started to die as the timestream started to reconcile itself (for those who wonder why it had to be N52 Lois and Clark that "die", I assume that's because of Jon - the timeline couldn't reconcile his presence by "killing" pre-52 Lois and Clark). Pre-52 Lois and Clark are simply N52 Lois and Clark from the future with a son. So, in essence they have "merged" because they are one and the same. Loved this whole issue, well written and the art was fabulous

I don't think Lois is going to be resurrected soon, simply because she can't come back before New52 Superman. DC wanting to establish the new old Superman and Superboy, the New 52 Lois and Clark have to stay out of the picture for a moment.

As everyone is guessing we are going to have both versions of the characters merge, but I really don't think it is going to happen in the first year.

Lois is out of the Superwoman book but her story will continue in action and Superman. That's fine because this book was great and truly surprising. New Lois had to go like Clark anyway

Totally Dead, but that's okay. She wasn't REALLY Lois just like N52 Supes wasn't Superman. Maybe they're tied to them somehow, but as a seperate Lois Lane she is gone.

So it's gonna be complicated, but no more N52 Lois or Clark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    Lois is out of the Superwoman book but her story will continue in action and Superman. That's fine because this book was great and truly surprising. New Lois had to go like Clark anyway
    no, she didn't. anyway if new 52 lois died Lois should take over superwoman not mary sue lana.
    lana as superwoman is unfair to lois that is original superman

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCoyote View Post
    Totally Dead, but that's okay. She wasn't REALLY Lois just like N52 Supes wasn't Superman. Maybe they're tied to them somehow, but as a seperate Lois Lane she is gone.

So it's gonna be complicated, but no more N52 Lois or Clark
    They're not connected to them, they are them.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I picked the option " it's more complicated". We had two Supermen, both of whom were not what they seemed. We have to Lois Lanes, and the same applies. I'll be curious to see what the resolution to all of this is down the road.

BANNED

Phil Jimenez ‏@Philjimeneznyc 5 min
    Very grateful for the #Superwoman love today. For those concerned about LL, the old cliche holds -- it ain't over til it's over! )

it's a crappy thing to say to lois fans

I went with dead for the simple reason that the new direction seems popular. I loved the art liked the writing, but even though I may pick it up later on hoopla or in a sale, I really don't care about Lana the superhero. I actually didn't like new 52 Lana the engineer at all. I don't think it was bad just not the character I wanted it to be.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I've been rereading the comic and interview, and I've noticed something. Jimenez says....

"One of the things I’m interested in in our business is how really promote the idea of flawed characters. But so often I find “flawed” is usually a code word for, like, “murderous sociopath.” I’m more interested in flaws on a much more human scale. And ones that I actually do believe we could all have.
    I’m particularly interested in Super characters whose weaknesses aren’t Kryptonite. Their weaknesses – and this is so trite sounding, but it’s true – are their human nature. Will readers be willing to give over to that? And can they relate to that? I’m very curious about it."

He spent literally the whole issue building Lana up as this, right? Regardless of what you may feel about how he did it, I think it's safe to say that it was his intent. He also says....

"There are a lot of surprises in the first three issues, some of which have to do with Rebirth, some of which are just things I want to hold for a little bit longer.
    Y’know, just because I want readers to be like, “Oh, ****! I didn’t think that was going to happen!”"

I'm assuming he means the loose end of NuLois.

Lastly he says.....

"And we were designing covers – the first six covers for the first two arcs – and it was interesting because we’re trying to figure out how, knowing how far in advance art gets released, what to show and what not. You know, to maintain surprise. What can be symbolic while not pissing readers off.
    So one cover is a spin on what happens in the book. It’s a little clever, a little playful, and my hope is that people don’t mind that playfulness because part of that is just keeping things for the first few issues under wraps."

My theory

Lana is going to use her very flexible powers to some how take on the appearance of Lois' Superwoman face and all. Lois is the who who was the most recognizable and had the most media around her as Superwoman. It might even get more interesting as she goes out in her Superwoman form to keep the appearance of two of them in the public (and Lex's mind). This along with her powers in general is gonna stretch her thin and deteriorate her health faster.

Notice in the solicit text it's only speaking of one Superwoman as opposed to two. Also notice that Steel is the one that gives Superwoman the bad news. I think Lana is gonna masquerade as Lois because her enthusiasm and memory give her strength and combat her anxiety. Eventually she'll have to face herself as herself, and that will likely be when she really puts Lois to rest.

It'll also be sorta meta given all of the Lana stealing Lois "thing" in the Super world comments. Given this first issue's focus and Rebirth's whole Pre-52 deal, I just don't see it actually being about NuLois. I think it's gonna be about Lana finding herself and become someone who isn't so dependent on the support of others as she's been depicted in the this first issue. She's the one who seems to have the emotional journey to go on.