Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't think of any book that was better pre-Ultimatum than post-Ultimatum. As shitty as Ultimatum was, it changed the UU from a comics line that retold bad grimdark versions of 616 stories into a place where writers were allowed to take risks and tell fresh and exciting stories without the heavy editorial mandate of 616.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's honestly a shame that we never got to see Spencer's Apocalypse story come to fruition. There was so much buildup throughout his run only for Wood to take everything in a completely different direction that never looked back aside from finishing up the Mastermold story. Then at Cataclysm we had the X-Men finally being reformed with Bendis showing they rebuilt the institute only for the UU to end without us getting anything else from them.
    Yes, Spencer had something going and it just got cut off at the knees.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    Milar's run through BVK was the height of the series. After was a slow slide into mediocrity and then Ultimatium signaled them giving up. Everything after was dreck full of bogus replacement characters and a total ditching of all the established characters personalities, backstory, and continuity. Kitty pride being the prime example of how she went from a totally different character in Millard run to 616 Kitty Pryde.
    Someone didn't read Ultimate Spider-Man, which takes place after she left.

Wood's run was easily the best run. Everything before was not nearly as consistent.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    I can't think of any book that was better pre-Ultimatum than post-Ultimatum. As shitty as Ultimatum was, it changed the UU from a comics line that retold bad grimdark versions of 616 stories into a place where writers were allowed to take risks and tell fresh and exciting stories without the heavy editorial mandate of 616.
    Got that right. Hickman's run was amazing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

UXM started to dip after the resolution of the Apocalypse arc and Wood's Utopia arc saved it (my opinion). Then HUNGER happened and I jumped shipped.

Not sure why HUNGER happened.