Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Stuff you'd like to see adapted into anime

Manga, novels, games, etc.

Black Clover. I love fantasy with magic, blood and sword-swinging. The classic "young newcomer/outsider that has to work extra hard" story, the level of violence, discrimination. There's an OVA coming out in November but it's not enough!!!
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Power Rangers. Live action versions are hard to enjoy for anyone over 10 years old. It's just too silly. But anime can do wonders in my opinion. No need to make it too violent or anything, but just seeing proper monster designs, exciting fights and other stuff would be good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
    Power Rangers. Live action versions are hard to enjoy for anyone over 10 years old. It's just too silly. But anime can do wonders in my opinion. No need to make it too violent or anything, but just seeing proper monster designs, exciting fights and other stuff would be good.
    If they made a Power Rangers cartoon it would probably be aimed at little kids too.

BANNED

Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time series seems very suited for this.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chillin'_chillclops View Post
    Yes, because anime is soooo mature. (If you can't tell that's sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    If they made a Power Rangers cartoon it would probably be aimed at little kids too.
    ^ This. Power Rangers and their older Japanese counterpart Super Sentai are aimed at kids, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. The Cheesiness is part of what makes it fun to watch. Also better something be aimed at kids so everyone can watch and enjoy it than horny teenagers or pervy adult males like most anime are. :P
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I'm seriously wondering if the Sentai is going to take any cues on the upcoming Power Rangers movie, if it's successful of course. All accounts point towards it being darker than the TV show but still kid friendly (probably not as whimsical or dark as the Dark Crystal, but more towards that direction rather than maintaining the tone of the original show). Sentai's done dark but kid friendly before (particularly in the 80s), but really toned that down over the past decade or so.

But overall, yeah, I agree, if Power Rangers was adapted to anime, it'd still have the same audience. Maybe a wider audience per se, but the target demographics would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Yes, because anime is soooo mature. (If you can't tell that's sarcasm)

^ This. Power Rangers and their older Japanese counterpart Super Sentai are aimed at kids, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. The Cheesiness is part of what makes it fun to watch. Also better something be aimed at kids so everyone can watch and enjoy it than horny teenagers or pervy adult males like most anime are. :P
    I never said animes are mature. What I meant was, Power Rangers is better suited as anime than live action even it is aimed at kids. Like Pokemon is aimed at kids but I still enjoy it.