Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

666 Satan and Kongou Bancho

Both shonen mangas that have enough popularity which when adapted into an anime, would turn them into big hits if not Anime of the Years.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want Guilty Gear to get an anime.

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane.

Amazing Member

I will use the chance to give B,or Cs popularity levels Marvel´s characters a try. After all i don,t think that they care at all about what is more popular in america or about what cinematics rights Fox have and Marvel not.

I have 3 problems with marvel own animation that could easily skipped in anime form:

1) Series are done to last the most time as possible, so there are very few series at the same time. There are been only four different series at the four years. And the one characters that get the most chances are neccessarily the most popular. At best B or C characters get,s a cameo and thats all. This aproach is okay to big names like Avengers or Spiderman who benefits for very long series but that makes less popular characters almost impossible. Compare that to madhouse,s way: 4 self containned series with a very clear objetive and once the story is over it,s time to move to a different character. So they can make 4 different characters in one year and later be clean to move to different things. It,s more logical to give characters like Blade, Punisher or Wolverine self containned stories than expect to be able greenlight a long running series.

2)I always found that visual diversity is lacking a lot in marvel own animation. They have a very clear own style, i personally don,t like that because while i find necessary the writting should be in a shared universe, the visual style for each series should be different, becasuse every character should see the marvel universe in their own eyes, and be animated or dessigned in their own way. Iron-Man need good mechanical animation, Hulk a lot of debris, Spiderman web-slinging. Also the color dessing for each character series should be different: Iron man should be a metallic and bright red like the Takeshi Koike pilot but Kamala should be drawn with more warm and pastel colors. Its a whole country we are talking about, each studio is a world and even inside each studio different staff do thing different to other people. The comics are drawn very different to each other, so the animation should be too.

3) Also is a chance to try thing with a different tone, the tastes are a lot different there, so there are a lot of things that could be tried there that will be difficult in america.
    For example, sports, and slice of life dramas or parenting series are very popular lately. So it will be a nice chance to try series with a different angle:
    For example a Young X-men series, the generation of sand, Anolle, hellion, Rockslide, X-23, Surge. I will focus it about the competition between teams, the romance between characters, the drama about the mutation ,the teacher-students interaction and focus on it. Pretty much something like a slice-of life/sport/shojo and sell it like a Haikyuu or Chihayafuru, or a Silent Voice if you go full drama but with mutants.
    For example if i will go to adapt spiderman i take the "Renew your vows" route and give it a Usagi Drop feeling. Or do a Power pack series based on Gurihiru, I always see Katie Powers (Energizer) like something that could work like a Marvel`s version of Yotsuba, a child-like and innocent point of view of the world.
    Last edited by mike2112; 10-09-2016 at 02:53 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Those are pretty good ideas for the most part, mike2112. One thing, though, the character you called Sand is actually named Dust, even though she does turn into sand.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2112 View Post
    I always found that visual diversity is lacking a lot in marvel own animation. They have a very clear own style, i personally don,t like that because while i find necessary the writting should be in a shared universe, the visual style for each series should be different, becasuse every character should see the marvel universe in their own eyes, and be animated or dessigned in their own way. Iron-Man need good mechanical animation, Hulk a lot of debris, Spiderman web-slinging. Also the color dessing for each character series should be different: Iron man should be a metallic and bright red like the Takeshi Koike pilot but Kamala should be drawn with more warm and pastel colors. Its a whole country we are talking about, each studio is a world and even inside each studio different staff do thing different to other people. The comics are drawn very different to each other, so the animation should be too.
    I agree, even if they keep it within the same studio, they should have a different team working each series to give it it's own feel. The only problem is if they wanted one connected universe then having a cohesive visual would work out better. Anime doesn't have that many successful shared universes and they hardly interact with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by mike2112 View Post
    Also is a chance to try thing with a different tone, the tastes are a lot different there, so there are a lot of things that could be tried there that will be difficult in america.
    For example, sports, and slice of life dramas or parenting series are very popular lately. So it will be a nice chance to try series with a different angle:
    For example a Young X-men series, the generation of sand, Anolle, hellion, Rockslide, X-23, Surge. I will focus it about the competition between teams, the romance between characters, the drama about the mutation ,the teacher-students interaction and focus on it. Pretty much something like a slice-of life/sport/shojo and sell it like a Haikyuu or Chihayafuru, or a Silent Voice if you go full drama but with mutants.
    For example if i will go to adapt spiderman i take the "Renew your vows" route and give it a Usagi Drop feeling. Or do a Power pack series based on Gurihiru, I always see Katie Powers (Energizer) like something that could work like a Marvel`s version of Yotsuba, a child-like and innocent point of view of the world.
    I always pictured a New X-men/Academy X anime to be like A Certain Scientific Railgun.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Kenji. Action, comedy, touches of romance. Multiple styles of kung-fu plus other martial arts. I truly enjoyed Kenji's learning process. Something I also enjoyed with Kohinata Minoru.
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I want Guilty Gear to get an anime.
    Isn't that basically what the story mode in the newest game is?

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    I wish they could give X-men another try. Some of the best adaptations that I've seen come from people that love the source material and try to stay as faithful as possible. Find the right talent and studio that are willing to put the effort and money into a project and I'm sure something great could be made.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    Heyo, another Re:Zero fan
    "Hey, maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe one o' those terrorists'll blow Bats away.
    Nah, never happen.
    Ah, well.. I can dream, can't I...?"- Guy Gardner.

"Corruptus In Extremis"

"I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library." Jorge Luis Borges

After Mob Psycho 100 I could really go for them doing a X-Men anime that looked like that.

X-Men
    X-23 solo anime
    Monstress
    Clean Room

Quote Originally Posted by Death&Return of Superman View Post
    After Mob Psycho 100 I could really go for them doing a X-Men anime that looked like that.
    Yep, the x-men have a bunch of TK's who should have their chance to look that bad ass.

Also I strongly suggest to any x-fan to watch the first 5 minutes of Towa no Quon: The Ephemeral Petal or episode 1. It's exactly the way an x-men movie should open up. A scared kid who suddenly develops powers and is being hunted to down then saved by a fellow 'mutant'.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I never wanted anything adapted into anime, but theres some animes I would like to see adapted on a TV show...

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Death&Return of Superman View Post
    Isn't that basically what the story mode in the newest game is?
    It still has visual novel trappings. If Blazblue can get an anime than Guilty Gear should get one.

Tetsugaku Letra. This manga is just amazing. Why isn't an anime out already?

Also, does anyone knows what Letra means? Google translater says tetsugaku means philosophy, but doesn't translate letra.