MajorBatmanFan84

Default What would you all like to see in the new Batman film?

Hey Batman fans! My buddy and I posted a video on youtube where we talk about casting news and what we'd like to see in the movie. What storyline from the comics we think would be a good choice. We'd be interested to get feedback. If you agree or disagree with our views and also what you'd like to see. Anyways here's the video for anyone who'd be willing to check it out ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqrkK9Hvzs

If there is a female co-starring role (or roles) hope it's not just some lame girlfriend/damsel in distress.

There are so many strong female bat characters ... Catwoman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Spoiler, Orphan, Onyx, Black Canary, Poison Ivy etc ... I hope they choose someone already established within comics and strengthen her public recognition.

Good video - bit long for my tastes but still good.

tbh, I just want a great story that doesn't drag with as few plot holes as possible. Focus on story, plot and characters over explosions and HUGE set pieces (I'm not going to get that am I?)

Also, either be faithful to the Batman character or state clearly that this is an alternate dimension version. Either is fine, but just be clear as to what we're watching.

Also, maybe don't have the extended family. I'm not convinced they work in a Bat movie.

Extraordinary Member

I can see the problem with the extended family, but I feel the family, at least in some form, is the key to leaving a new stamp on the character. The Schumacher films barely even scratched the surface of that concept, since they were so intent on selling toys, and a as result, there was no deep connection between any of the characters. And that's what I think you target; Bruce Wayne as a father figure to at least on adult son, and maybe to others. We've seen that the modern superhero film needs confidants who can challenge the protagonist in his decisions, and while Batman has always had Alfred, it would be a new thing entirely if Dick shows up as a matured Nightwing, we quickly see their father and son like relationship, and then he argues with Bruce over his more lethal MO.

Or maybe Babs as Oracle (possibly recovering back into Batgirl through grueling physical therapy) can play a similar role but also incite some internal conflict over the amount of trust Gordon puts in Batman. Or Tim shows up to try and shore up Bruce's legacy. Or Cass appears to show how his heroism can inspire even those raised in darkness. Or Damian appears to refocus Bruce on his future. Or anyone else; maybe more than two or three is too much, but this would be new territory to explore, and this series is going to need that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Something good enough that I couldn't have figured it out myself. A visionary director getting to do his/her take on the Batman mythos, and not jump through hoops to get it to mesh with the tone and stories of a shared universe of movies.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

I'm really hoping Duke Thomas will be in it
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

N52 characters have appeared in Bat-Films, Batwing, Court of Owls...

Now, older characters like Steph and Cass should appear.. But... I think this is more easier for BATMAN UNLIMITED... Damian appeared of nowhere in the last film... DC can use both girls...

I mentioned previosly one story that I would like for a film.. One film of Batman and Cass... With Batman immediately trapped by the league of Assasins.. with Cass in this film, both characters would be the protagonists of this film.. BUT.. that never happened in the comics.. impossible.. although, I think perfecting the idea could be a good film..
    Last edited by adrikito; 10-07-2016 at 01:59 PM.

BANNED

Dick Grayson and Tim Drake. Everything else is secondary!

Ok aside from them I would like an original story, Deathstroke being the villain hints at that. And I don't want the film to be overcrowded with too many characters to set up, but I'd like it if they hinted at Catwoman or Batgirl to appear in a future film.

I think a Bat-Family focused film would lead to far more good than bad. As long as they don't bloat the cast, Bruce can still be the main focus. Having Dick and Tim in the film would probably do more for his character than another film with just Batman and his rogues.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Oracle and a non-Barbara Gordon Batgirl (I think Cass is more likely, but my fave Steph would be great). I think the films need some female partners. Who aren't Catwoman (who was great in the last two Batman films they appeared in, but I want things that haven't been seen before).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    I'm really hoping Duke Thomas will be in it
    Lmaoooo this post got me dying
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Oracle and a non-Barbara Gordon Batgirl (I think Cass is more likely, but my fave Steph would be great). I think the films need some female partners. Who aren't Catwoman (who was great in the last two Batman films they appeared in, but I want things that haven't been seen before).
    Although she has been overdone in the movies just like the Joker has been overdone, I still would like to see Catwoman again in this movie. But only because she is my favorite comic book character.
    To me it just isn't a Batman series without Catwoman in it a some point in time. I think she is only second to Joker as one of the top Batman villains. Honestly for me she was the only thing good
    about The Dark Knight Rises.

Is too much to ask for Dick Grayson in a movie at this point in time where character like Rocket Raccoon has his own movie?
    If it's not, i would like that very much.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Although she has been overdone in the movies just like the Joker has been overdone, I still would like to see Catwoman again in this movie. But only because she is my favorite comic book character.
    To me it just isn't a Batman series without Catwoman in it a some point in time. I think she is only second to Joker as one of the top Batman villains. Honestly for me she was the only thing good
    about The Dark Knight Rises.
    I don't want more villains, though. I want female partners - something we've not seen seriously (except for poor Barbara...whatever her last name was).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord