Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Since the JSA are supposedly going to be showing up in Snyder's Justice League in September, I wonder if DC may actually be getting around to finally publishing this collection in the foreseeable future?

BANNED

More than a year later, and still - nothing.

At this rate I don't believe we ever will see a collected trade of the 1992 series. Which is a shame, as those issues were delightful - light-hearted all-ages fun (which is probably what DC holds most against them, as they are not into light-hearted, or fun, or any age but their "target demographic").

The 1991 miniseries lead-up has been collected, and people are always confusing the one with the other. That one...took some getting into, because there was so much background explanation.

Mighty Member

Maybe they're waiting for DC to release a new JSA title first, and than put it out when there is a lot of buzz about the group again?

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    Maybe they're waiting for DC to release a new JSA title first, and than put it out when there is a lot of buzz about the group again?
    LOL! Well at this point we will all be dead by the time that happens.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

From a few months ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    LOL! Well at this point we will all be dead by the time that happens.
    At last check, amazon.com lists:
    * Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Hardcover – January 1, 2035

and
    * Justice Society of America: The Complete 1992 Series - Paperback – December 31, 2035

Don't know if the announced animated movie with Wonder Woman and the JSA could make this a possibility again (though I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen).

By the way, due out later this month is:
    Justice Society of America: The Demise of Justice
    By LEN STRAZEWSKI
    Illustrated by VARIOUS

This 1990s epic tells a story set in the 1950s starring the world’s first super-hero team, the Justice Society of America.

In this 1990s tale set in the 1950s at the end of the Golden Age of Comics, the world’s first super-hero team, the Justice Society of America, must join forces one last time to stop the powerful Solomon Grundy and the immortal world-conqueror known as Vandal Savage.

Collects Justice Society of America #1-8, Adventure Comics #466, and All-Star Comics #57

Hardcover | $39.99
    Published by DC Comics
    Jan 19, 2021 | 256 Pages | 6-5/8 x 10-3/16 | ISBN 9781779507440
    So, while it's not the 1992 series itself, it is at least the limited series that was published a year before the 1992 one.

Why does that use the 2000s logo instead of the one the original issues used?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe they feel it would get better recognition that way?

But if that was the case, the recent re-release of the first arc of 90s JLA should've used a recent version of the JL logo. Instead, it used a very bland new one (and removed part of Martian Manhunter's cape from the cover art while cutting out the original logo!).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

But if that was the case, the recent re-release of the first arc of 90s JLA should've used a recent version of the JL logo. Instead, it used a very bland new one (and removed part of Martian Manhunter's cape from the cover art while cutting out the original logo!).
    How "recent"?

And maybe the choices have connections to who was in charge of what at the time? Did one get put into motion before the mass dismissals from DC and the other one after?

Honestly, I have no idea if/how DC "thinks" / "works" these days, so I can only throw out wild guesses.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

They've been doing that a lot in recent years, and it's really frickin' annoying. It should be the easiest thing in the world to match the logo that appears on the cover of a collection with the actual logo used on the issues therein.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea if/how DC "thinks" / "works" these days, so I can only throw out wild guesses.
    I don't think anyone in the collected editions department is doing much thinking or working these days...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    From a few months ago:

At last check, amazon.com lists:
    * Justice Society of America: The Complete Series by Len Strazewski and Mike Parobeck - Hardcover – January 1, 2035

and
    * Justice Society of America: The Complete 1992 Series - Paperback – December 31, 2035

Don't know if the announced animated movie with Wonder Woman and the JSA could make this a possibility again (though I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen).
    Still listings for Hardcover – January 1, 2035 and Paperback – December 31, 2035 on the amazon.com (USA) websites.

This gap stings so much more now it's the only thing missing in our 90's JSA line-ups. In fact I think we've got every series now bar it. That's aggravating, as it's one of the most enjoyable (bat my strange hatred for Starman's green hood).

You can find most all of those issues in dollar bins at comic shows or comic shops. That is how I collected them. No thanks to DC or Amazon on that one.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You can find most all of those issues in dollar bins at comic shows or comic shops. That is how I collected them. No thanks to DC or Amazon on that one.
    Sigh. We KNOW that. We're talking about a hardcover collected edition of it, which at the same time completes our collected runs of the series throughout the decades (possibly). Hence why its a big deal for many. Most of us already own the issues in question, have them repeated to heart, etc.