Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default FUTURE QUEST - Who's reading? Opinions?

I've been reading this title and enjoying it. I think characters are being written IN character. The art totally fits the series. This is definately my favorite of H-B's current line up.

Just wondering what others were thinking.

It's on my wishlist.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I've been reading this title and enjoying it. I think characters are being written IN character. The art totally fits the series. This is definately my favorite of H-B's current line up.

Just wondering what others were thinking.
    Reading it, pretty much what anyone could ever ask from series like this.

Loved every issue so far.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It has a fantastic squad of dedicated and talented creators and a score of great characters old and new. Although it's been hard for them keep up on the art front, I'd say it's one of the best DC titles in quality.

Frustrating. I love the main story and the side stories, but I hate how slowly the main story has gone due to the delays. Even though I really liked the Impossibles story in issue #5, 10 pages of main story after 5 weeks of waiting is awful.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    Frustrating. I love the main story and the side stories, but I hate how slowly the main story has gone due to the delays. Even though I really liked the Impossibles story in issue #5, 10 pages of main story after 5 weeks of waiting is awful.

This.........
    After reading 5 and really nothing happened. I decided to drop the title. Since I do DCBS, I do have at least 2 more issues so maybe we will get a little more than 10 pages and will change my mind

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Might be my favourite thing being published right now.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Not enough Space Ghost for me
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

Quote Originally Posted by Spideybono View Post
    This.........
    After reading 5 and really nothing happened. I decided to drop the title. Since I do DCBS, I do have at least 2 more issues so maybe we will get a little more than 10 pages and will change my mind
    Might want to hang on thru December, since that's when the kids get back into the act ....

Incredible Member

Loving it.... But due to the creatives being involved, you knew there would be delays didn't you? Only Scooby Apocalypse makes its deadlines because Porter has been a regular DC Stable artist.

I really wanted to like it, but it was just jumping around to to many characters I wasn't really familiar with and just wasn't engaging me.

So I am hearing trades would be the best way to really go for this story?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I am absolutely loving the book. Unlike some, I am enjoying the side stories that are introducing the characters to me that I am not quite as familiar with (like Mightor, Impossibles) and giving more story on some of my old favorites (Herculoids, Frank Jr, Space Ghost...tho, I could always do with more SG!) The art, despite having so many artists involved doesn't really stray too far from a general style and sometimes I even have a hard time telling that it's not just one artist.
    This is one of the few books I look forward to each and every month. (And speaking of Mightor, totally loved the update he just received!!)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I am absolutely loving the book. Unlike some, I am enjoying the side stories that are introducing the characters to me that I am not quite as familiar with (like Mightor, Impossibles) and giving more story on some of my old favorites (Herculoids, Frank Jr, Space Ghost...tho, I could always do with more SG!) The art, despite having so many artists involved doesn't really stray too far from a general style and sometimes I even have a hard time telling that it's not just one artist.
    This is one of the few books I look forward to each and every month. (And speaking of Mightor, totally loved the update he just received!!)
    I'm really liking the series, but I think I'd like it more if it hadn't been 50 years since I've even thought about most of the characters. Still it is a blast to the past.

Sandy Hausler