Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Why not have Wonder Woman date a female superhero?

DC tried a WW and Superman relationship. Maybe now's the time for a WW and Batwoman relationship. Or any other heroine.

Since Rucka has come out and said WW is queer, why go back to old boring Steve Trevor? Time to change it up drastically and go for a female hero. Or civilian. Anyone other than Steve Trevor. Too predictable.

Amazing Member

Does the gay community know how fascinated people here are with them?

I feel like there would be some kind of restraining order in place if they did

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Steve is still an important and iconic part of her origin. Wonder Woman without Steve is not right.

I am not saying she needs to marry him but he should be part of her life.

I am ok with Wonder Woman having sex with females and gays and lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Steve is still an important and iconic part of her origin. Wonder Woman without Steve is not right.

I am not saying she needs to marry him but he should be part of her life.
    He hasn't been important since the Perez days.

BANNED

Would it sell comics? Maybe it would. But do you think so?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He hasn't been important since the Perez days.
    And right now with Rebirth, and practically every other major Wonder Woman media, they're re-emphasizing his (and Etta's) importance and role in the franchise and mythos.

BANNED

Cuz 2% of the population NEEDS this!!!

If any major DC character is gay, it's Diana.

Actually, I think Diana is likely bisexual. Or omnisexual, or whatever. I dont think she cares about the parts between your legs as much as she does the emotional connection.

So sure, let her date a woman.

Steve is great. He actually matters again, and he's a total badass, and with his role in the film he's not going anywhere soon. But he can be a big part of her life without being her love interest. So I see no real reason not to explore Diana's sexuality a little bit, other than the fact that conservative and traditional DC fans would riot because it's something that they've never seen done in continuity before. I mean, look at all the controversy because they're making the Ray gay. If they made Diana bisexual the internet just might explode between all the people screaming treason and all the dubious Deviantart submissions.

And even then, the seeds for this have been sown in Elseworlds and alternate reality stories (and some hints in Rucka's first run) for gods know how long. So there's even something of a precedent for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Aside from dating females, I am in favor of Wonder Woman doing the whole Justice League (both males and females).

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

She and Batwoman certainly seemed to hit it off. Batwoman even clearly ogled her at their first meeting.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spectacular Member

I hope not! That something I wouldn't be interesting in seeing!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

First of all, is anyone REALLY surprised that WW swings both ways? I mean, come on. She comes from an island of all women. This should have been obvious ten or twenty years ago. Rucka himself hinted at it way back in 2003. Second of all, outside of Batwoman, who else is there for her to date? I haven't followed Batwoman lately so if she and Maggie broke up, I don't know about it. Plus, this seems a little too...on the nose. I'd rather have them make up a love interest for her in her own book. As for Trevor, outside of getting her off the island he kind of served his purpose. They didn't end up together in the pre-Flashpoint universe either.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Would it sell comics? Maybe it would. But do you think so?
    I think it could but DC is not there yet to pull that trigger. Despite all the evidence that she was.

I think the tv/movie side of DC would take issue more than the comic side.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    First of all, is anyone REALLY surprised that WW swings both ways? I mean, come on. She comes from an island of all women. This should have been obvious ten or twenty years ago. Rucka himself hinted at it way back in 2003. Second of all, outside of Batwoman, who else is there for her to date? I haven't followed Batwoman lately so if she and Maggie broke up, I don't know about it. Plus, this seems a little too...on the nose. I'd rather have them make up a love interest for her in her own book. As for Trevor, outside of getting her off the island he kind of served his purpose. They didn't end up together in the pre-Flashpoint universe either.
    She can date Harley Quinn. I'm sure that would sell some books, lol.