Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80
  1. #61
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Steve Trevor that good writing can't fix. And I think we're getting that.
    He's okay in the origin. But Rucka writes him like Peter Parker in The Lies and the constant quips just aren't a good look for him. Its more annoying than anything else. I think Steve should in fact kinda be nerdy and embraced, kinda like his appearance on The Brave and the Bold.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  2. #62
    Pretty Little Liar. Troian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    802

    Default

    I think she should occasionally date one but I don't think it should be so.. prominent or this whole earth shattering part of her mythos.
    Last edited by Troian; 10-09-2016 at 07:17 PM.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'll see it as a continuation of Wonder Woman slowly morphing into Xena and I'm not a fan of Xena I'm a fan of Wonder Woman.
    Because all bi characters are the same, and that's all you can see about them? That's really what this sounds like, you know. "Once a character's non-straight sexual orientation is revealed, that's the only thing people will know about them." You suggest this is true of other people, but this comment makes it seem like it's true of you.

    (To the extent that Xena is even bi, of course.)

    Does having her be straight make you worry that she's merging with the Black Canary? Or do we get to have more than one multidimensional, individualized straight character? Just not LGBT ones.

    I am a big Wonder Woman fan. I was never much of a Xena fan, although I didn't actually dislike her. I don't want to see Diana morph into Xena, although I rarely think of it in those terms (since I don't think about Xena very much to begin with) - but I guess the fact that I don't like seeing Diana represented as overly violent, frequently angry, and often carrying a edged weapon might fit into your concept of not wanting her to be more Xena-like (depending on which phase of Xena you're talking about).

    But making her bi doesn't make her more like Xena to me, or more like Harley, or more like Ivy, or more like Selina. If it's well written, she'll still be like Diana - we'll just know something different about her sexual orientation.
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troian View Post
    I think she should occasionally date one but I don't think it should be so.. prominent or this whole earth shattering part of her mythos.
    I agree. Rucka's only mentioned it. And right now he's focusing on her relationship with Steve. Which is fine with me.

    It's the people who are assuming that this will be exploitation, tokenism, shocking, and titillating, and will reduce Diana so she can only appeal to "a small group," that are making it "prominent or this whole earth shattering part of her mythos." At best, I think they're jumping the gun.
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  5. #65
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Steve Trevor that good writing can't fix. And I think we're getting that.
    Damn straight, though fair to say he was pretty impressive even in new52. What with saving the JLA's collective ass.

    Not sure why folks are so down on Steve. Not that it matters
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

    “The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

  6. #66
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,751

    Default

    I prefer Diana with one woman, better than Trevor.

  7. #67
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Bifrost View Post
    Because all bi characters are the same, and that's all you can see about them? That's really what this sounds like, you know. "Once a character's non-straight sexual orientation is revealed, that's the only thing people will know about them." You suggest this is true of other people, but this comment makes it seem like it's true of you.

    (To the extent that Xena is even bi, of course.)

    Does having her be straight make you worry that she's merging with the Black Canary? Or do we get to have more than one multidimensional, individualized straight character? Just not LGBT ones.

    I am a big Wonder Woman fan. I was never much of a Xena fan, although I didn't actually dislike her. I don't want to see Diana morph into Xena, although I rarely think of it in those terms (since I don't think about Xena very much to begin with) - but I guess the fact that I don't like seeing Diana represented as overly violent, frequently angry, and often carrying a edged weapon might fit into your concept of not wanting her to be more Xena-like (depending on which phase of Xena you're talking about).

    But making her bi doesn't make her more like Xena to me, or more like Harley, or more like Ivy, or more like Selina. If it's well written, she'll still be like Diana - we'll just know something different about her sexual orientation.
    Wonder Woman now has Xena's costume, sword and sexuality, I guess her bangs are next.

    WonderWomanVsXena.jpg
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 10-10-2016 at 01:27 PM.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wonder Woman now has Xena's costume, sword and sexuality, I guess her bangs are next.
    Also her gender. And her hair color. And her connection to Greek myth. Do we have to change it all to make sure she's not too Xena-like?

    I don't mind the costume. I dislike the sword and shield - lasso and bracelets are more appropriate to her. I don't mind that she's bisexual, although I never pushed for it. And frankly, you have supplied so many different, disconnected reasons why she should be straight that I've lost track of which one we're discussing.

    Be well.
    Doctor Bifrost

    "If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

  9. #69
    Mighty Member Koriand'r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,398

    Default

    You too Doctor Bifrost.

  10. #70
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wonder Woman now has Xena's costume, sword and sexuality, I guess her bangs are next.

    WonderWomanVsXena.jpg
    Xena's costume has always been somewhat visually based on Diana's, so them looking a bit similar doesn't really come as a big shock to me.

  11. #71
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    212

    Default

    I would love to read about it. I'd also want the relationship to be depicted very graphically. For the artistic value.

    think "Blue is the Warmest Colour"

  12. #72
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    She and Batwoman certainly seemed to hit it off. Batwoman even clearly ogled her at their first meeting.
    Everyone ogles Diana when they first meet her.

  13. #73
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I'll see it as a continuation of Wonder Woman slowly morphing into Xena and I'm not a fan of Xena I'm a fan of Wonder Woman.
    I don't really get how one can be a fan of Wonder Woman and not like the Xena show.

  14. #74
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't really get how one can be a fan of Wonder Woman and not like the Xena show.
    Same way someone can like Superman but not like Icon. They may be similar but are not 100% the same.

  15. #75
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Same way someone can like Superman but not like Icon. They may be similar but are not 100% the same.
    Sure, but most of the times Xena is mentioned here people make her out to be not even slightly similar at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •