Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sure, but most of the times Xena is mentioned here people make her out to be not even slightly similar at all.
    The similarities between Wonder Woman and Xena are like the ones between Batman and Judge Dredd.

They are both great fighters, both battle criminals, both have an arsenal awesome equipment to back them up and both wear costumes with conceal their faces and have animal emblems on them.

But their motivations and their characters are, beyond these initial similarities, entirely different.

It's possible to like both characters, but not because they are almost the same because, really, they aren't.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I have no probs with it. Like any relationship written for a character, it has to make sense, not be cliche and not where one character is like not in character. So I'm all for it.

Incredible Member

Intersting, idea. But who first?

I see Babs Gordon off the top of my head

Incredible Member

It seems pretty clear that Diana's relationship with Steve Trevor is getting the focus at the moment.

But, if that relationship doesn't last or if they decide to remain friends, then I'd be happy to see Diana date a female superhero, provided that the relationship was genuine and not just a stunt to try and drive up sales or titilate a heterosexual male audience. I'm not sure who that would be. Maybe Batwoman? Or maybe Diana could reform Poison Ivy?

If she did.. it would most likely be Mera, as it's been hinted at that there was something between them.

In other continuities Mera was Diana's first kiss as well, so regardless of where you read it, Mera and Diana have.. 'history'. So if Diana were to date a female superhero, I'd assume the ideal or rather the first choice, would be Mera. The question would be getting Mera away from Arthur and I'm sure they don't wanna do that before the Aquaman movie even comes out yet.

Those two stayed around each other so much that Nereus got jealous. They obviously have 'something'. It just hasn't been explored as of yet. But I'd wager if Diana is gonna be paired with a female after the story with Steve Trevor is told, explored and hopefully continuously written amazingly, then it would be Mera that Diana would be with.

But I think the Steve Trevor story is going to go for quite some time as it should, considering how great it's been written I see no reason to discontinue it!
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-30-2016 at 01:34 AM.