Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Power Rangers Teaser Trailer

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-f...-power-a145803

Not too sure how I feel about it myself. Sort of mixed now, but maybe it'll grow on me.

spoilers:
    Also, am I the only one who was suddenly reminded of Dino Thunder? The Rangers are a team of misfits instead of being friends from the beginning, they have powers in human form and hell the Blue Ranger is a black guy just like in DT. Even the way they got power coins seems similar to how Connor, Ethan, Kira and Trent found the dino gems.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I'm impressed!

I like the idea that they have powers even when un-morphed. Explains how they can sometimes fight monsters in human form quite nicely.

Didn't see enough of their personalities to really get a feel for them, but they seem like a band of good-hearted misfits who will make an interesting dynamic together.

The trailer was, perhaps, a little more serious than I'd like, but there were definitely hints that there will be humor in it, and I just didn't get any sense of being too dark or too serious.

All-in-all? I'm definitely intrigued. Looking forward to seeing more.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

I have mixed feelings on this one one had the actors seems good at their roles and the over all trailer sets things up very nicely but at the same time it seems as though they've darkened things that really didn't need to be especially going off of the descriptions of the Rangers themselves that have been released. I can understand not wanting the Rangers to be the ultra "goody-good" perfect teens of the original series but it seems as though they've gone in the oppisite direction especially with Jason and Kimberly making them "fallen" members of "High School Society" mentioning the Kimberly used to be the "Queen Bee" of Angel Grove High and Jason being football hero until a tragic mistake, those just seem like unnecessary changes made to the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare10880 View Post
    I have mixed feelings on this one one had the actors seems good at their roles and the over all trailer sets things up very nicely but at the same time it seems as though they've darkened things that really didn't need to be especially going off of the descriptions of the Rangers themselves that have been released. I can understand not wanting the Rangers to be the ultra "goody-good" perfect teens of the original series but it seems as though they've gone in the oppisite direction especially with Jason and Kimberly making them "fallen" members of "High School Society" mentioning the Kimberly used to be the "Queen Bee" of Angel Grove High and Jason being football hero until a tragic mistake, those just seem like unnecessary changes made to the characters.
    Kimberly being a fallen Queen Bee puts me in mind of Buffy Summers. Falling from the popular crowd actually makes her a better person and a hero.

Jason being a fallen Jock does much the same thing. These are two groups that are known for being shallow and selfish. Having them lose their popularity and learn some humility tends to make them into better people.

I don't really see a problem with giving these kids some real-world problems. As long as those problems don't permeate the entire story, anyway.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Show me a Zord in the trailers and you can take my money now
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Also? Can we address the elephant in the room?

Rita Repulsa has killed Rangers before! Holy crap! She's actually good at her job this time around, kids!

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

It definitely looks more...moodier and subdued then I was expecting, at least as far as the character portrayals and he atmosphere/coloring is concerned. I guess I can see why they're going in that direction but it's not something I'm crazy about personally.

I also get saving a tease to the suits and the Morphing for the end but I feel like they could've shown a little more then that since we've already seen the suits in posters for a while now. Like maybe the Zords, Putty's, the suits in action, etc.

It doesn't look bad acting or directing wise, and it's about what I expected from what the cast and crew have had to say about the film, but I'll still be reserving judgement until we see more.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Also? Can we address the elephant in the room?

Rita Repulsa has killed Rangers before! Holy crap! She's actually good at her job this time around, kids!
    This was even implied in the original series. Zordon says the Sword of Darkness was once used to defeat Zordon's past warriors but who these warriors were or if they were Rangers was never revealed.

Why she sucked so much at killing the current ones is another matter.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Kimberly being a fallen Queen Bee puts me in mind of Buffy Summers. Falling from the popular crowd actually makes her a better person and a hero.

Jason being a fallen Jock does much the same thing. These are two groups that are known for being shallow and selfish. Having them lose their popularity and learn some humility tends to make them into better people.

I don't really see a problem with giving these kids some real-world problems. As long as those problems don't permeate the entire story, anyway.
    Took the words right outta my brain, yo!

That's not how identify with Power Rangers, it will take me a while to accept it as that.
    Someone said it feels like Chronicle, and I sure see where they come from.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also get saving a tease to the suits and the Morphing for the end but I feel like they could've shown a little more then that since we've already seen the suits in posters for a while now. Like maybe the Zords, Putty's, the suits in action, etc.
    It's fine, it's fine. It's the first teaser/trailer or w/e, so naturally the rest of that will come. This was a good dose, at least now you're 'awake' in a sense and have more to look forward to.

Yea, the finding of the powers is very reminiscent of Dino Thunder as well as the civi powers, but I doubt it was intentional and honestly it seems like the easiest fallback way of their getting their powers. Like how to get powers 101 without having to put much effort in, you know? I'm not saying this comes off as a flaw for this movie, just saying that is very safe and actually expected.

As for the trailer there were some things I liked, and most things I just plain don't feel one way or the other about so mixed feelings over all. My mind is more at ease now seeing footage though.

BANNED

If the link is just posting a YouTube trailer, just post the YouTube trailer when you're making the thread.

BANNED

That all sounds very silly. The idea that that makes them better people somehow.

Honestly, I think it's promising. It's serious but it's not "grim" yet. As a lover of the original show, I'm fine that there appears to be no cheese. So long as the rangers have distinct personalities and aren't serious the whole way through I think it's a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    That all sounds very silly. The idea that that makes them better people somehow.
    It's more that it gives them the opportunity to learn to be better people.

I didn't watch the show when I was younger but I've been reading the current run at Boom! and I'm enjoying it. I'm interested in the movie and moreso now with the release of the teaser.
    DC: Aquaman, Batman, Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman

Marvel: Ms. Marvel, Punisher, Daredevil

Image: Outcast, Bitch Planet, The Autumnlands, Black Magick, The Goddamned

Indies: Black, Insexts, Animosity, Alters, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Red Sonja