Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    That all sounds very silly. The idea that that makes them better people somehow.
    You don't see how a person enjoying a privileged life could learn to re-evaluate what really matters in life once that privilege is taken away from them?

It doesn't make them better people by default. It puts them in a position where they can learn how to be better people. It's a common trope throughout fiction.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by BaneBreaker View Post
    I didn't watch the show when I was younger but I've been reading the current run at Boom! and I'm enjoying it. I'm interested in the movie and moreso now with the release of the teaser.
    I've loved the new Boom! line too and this film seems in line with the comic is doing. I'm all for that.

I'm conflicted about this
    The J-man

BANNED

I'm ready, Power Rangers! I'm ready, Power Rangers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Also? Can we address the elephant in the room?

Rita Repulsa has killed Rangers before! Holy crap! She's actually good at her job this time around, kids!
    Yeah! That's what I was thinking. Rangers have actually died? **** just got real.

Edit: And I hope they address the death toll these battles should actually rack up. They have a Man of Steel battle like every week in Angel Grove. They should be called the Mighty Murdering Power Rangers.
    Last edited by Rogue Star; 10-08-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Well, like I said on another thread, the movie looks like a cross between chronicle and the breakfast club, but it doesn't look bad. I don't think making it a little more serious is a bad thing, Power Rangers was campy as the day is long, the first movie was more serious but still campy, I don't think that would work with today's audiences. I wonder what the zords are going to look like, hopefully not like the bayformers.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if this will pay tribute to Thuy Trang somehow since the character of Trini is being used here and the majority that watched the show as kids back then but stopped may not know about her death in 2001.
    Last edited by KCJ506; 10-08-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Well, like I said on another thread, the movie looks like a cross between chronicle and the breakfast club, but it doesn't look bad. I don't think making it a little more serious is a bad thing, Power Rangers was campy as the day is long, the first movie was more serious but still campy, I don't think that would work with today's audiences. I wonder what the zords are going to look like, hopefully not like the bayformers.
    Well, if the posters is any indication, they'll look a lot like the Dinobots from Age of Extinction.

Rita Repulsa: For your headcannon

https://vine.co/v/5gImldXBu5X

that started with this

X_X

The trailer does NOT help things! >_<

Good trailer nonetheless. Breakfast Club meets Chronicle.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-08-2016 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    You don't see how a person enjoying a privileged life could learn to re-evaluate what really matters in life once that privilege is taken away from them?

It doesn't make them better people by default. It puts them in a position where they can learn how to be better people. It's a common trope throughout fiction.
    That's a good way of putting it.

---

As for the story itself, I'm much more ready to watch a story that delves into their lives, that's fine. The Boom comics were already mentioned, and my favorite short story from the Annual is what a week in the life is like for Jason.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Honestly, I think it's promising. It's serious but it's not "grim" yet. As a lover of the original show, I'm fine that there appears to be no cheese. So long as the rangers have distinct personalities and aren't serious the whole way through I think it's a good start.

It's more that it gives them the opportunity to learn to be better people.
    I agree Ariwl1, it does have more promise then I had thought before, for a teaser it was Pretty Well done!

Like many teasers their are many unfinished elements and many more things to add, but this had enough to give me a good impression. I also really like the factor that they game Superpowers, in this case Strength and Durability just be being normal, that gives more sense to them fighting on equal footing with Rita's forces in human fans then it did in the origanl show when they seem to be on par just in human form with some puds and monsters as they where in Ranger form, that is a nice add-on IMO, feels very as the black nerd said, seems very Spiderman 2002 style to me.

Look forward to see where they go with this and yes I was a MAJOR Fan of the Series from its start and watched Most of all the episodes all the way threw the Space Sage and then here and their afterwords!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Omg... they did one of those, "what if we make everything the exact opposite".

Truly hate when Hollywood does this.

This should be a new Ranger class instead of a reboot.

BANNED

This supposed to be a Breakfast Club remake?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    This supposed to be a Breakfast Club remake?
    I don't recall alien battle armor and superpowers having anything to do with The Breakfast Club. Just sayin'.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Rita without a cone bra on her head? Heretical.
    Exit, pursued by a bear.