Page 138 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Do you think THIS cartoon will age well? Will this be talked about 10 years from the finale? Did any of Spidey's animated series age well?
    I think the current show will be remembered fondly by some of the kids who grow up with it. I don't think it will age well though.

The only animated show that I think will age all that well is Spectacular. The 90's show is second best when it comes to writing, but the visuals aged like milk. The rest I don't have strong opinions on either way.

Have any of them aged well? The 60s one has missing details on the costume, which would've never happened in more recent times. The 80s ones have a fixation with Doctor Doom for some reason - he's not a Spider-Man villain, guys! - and the soundtrack is very of it's time. 90s has some ropey CG, Unlimited is basically knock-off 2099, MTV Spidey is entirely dated CG...

There's a reason they make a new show instead of just repeating the ones from the past. If any of the old ones showed up on Disney XD their vintage would be obvious.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Do you think THIS cartoon will age well? Will this be talked about 10 years from the finale? Did any of Spidey's animated series age well?
    I think it'll be remembered for the Superior arc...unless another piece of more prominent media like the games or movies do it again, which will then probably supplant it.

But I don't know if it'll ultimately be that well-remembered for a variety of reasons.

Goblin War Part 2 clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Goblin War Part 2 clip.
    Gwen's as bad with jokes as Peter .

"And you thought we needed Spidey's help." Yeah, I don't see that line coming back to bite them...

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    I seriously love this show (Not the current one. The 90's one.). Just a 4 minute clip and it feels like an entire issue from the comics was told.
    I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I miss this show.
    At least it had the ending the producers planned to have instead of being cut too short.

Do you think THIS cartoon will age well?
    Nah. It will be a throwaway card fewer people remember compared to Ultimate or Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Goblin War Part 2 clip.
    Did the girls ever need his help? I know he needed theirs more than once.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

It actually DIDN'T. They wrote it in a way that it could be the ending, but they did plan for a season 6. There was that major cliffhanger involving MJ still being lost in the multiverse, remember. The last episode was given it's subtitle after they knew the show was ending, but they didn't want it to end there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It actually DIDN'T. They wrote it in a way that it could be the ending, but they did plan for a season 6. There was that major cliffhanger involving MJ still being lost in the multiverse, remember. The last episode was given it's subtitle after they knew the show was ending, but they didn't want it to end there.
    The show ending that way is what made Slott's attempt to kill off this version of Peter (or at least what he thought was this version of Peter) hurt extra hard. Not only did he not get a proper finale to his story, but he was nearly killed off in a lackluster event as part of a death montage.

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    The show ending that way is what made Slott's attempt to kill off this version of Peter (or at least what he thought was this version of Peter) hurt extra hard. Not only did he not get a proper finale to his story, but he was nearly killed off in a lackluster event as part of a death montage.
    And considering this Spider-Man is the first one to have been part of a "Spider-Verse", just killing him off (Or some counterpart of him) is such a waste, since he was at least experienced enough to be helpful in a way the other Spiders couldn't be.

Gotta say...not feeling the Goblin's design.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Gotta say...not feeling the Goblin's design.
    I really hate the cyber look. It’s ridiculous by this point.

Mighty Member

...What was the reason Hobgoblin is called by his moniker? I remember it was a quote that Norman said...but I don't recall how it made sense.

Astonishing Member

Anyone starting to realize that they may’ve spoiled the entire finale in the preview?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Anyone starting to realize that they may’ve spoiled the entire finale in the preview?
    Why do you say it? I personally expected Norman appearing in the last minute to crush the "Web Warriors", but because of a video posted on Youtube, it seems Toomes will be the "final Boss" and Norman will just stay out of sight.

The girls continue to be so mis-informed about everything .

Joe Quesada recognizes Doc Ock out-of-costume? How is him just walking around not a bigger deal?

Well, Harry can never drudge up Peter's secrets in season 1 again without coming off like a massive hypocrite.

Does anyone else notice this show brings up Spidey being a sidekick a lot? Or talks about him in relation to the word a lot?

I'm not sure I like how they're handling the Goblins on this show.