Page 100 of 184 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I've been wondering this for a while; how come Eddie has his state of mind while every other host that wasn't Spidey was nothing more than a mindless drone?
    I'm guessing the deciding factor is going to be a shared hatred of Spider-Man, so the Symbiote won't need to possess it's user this time.

It's also probably why the Symbiote revealed Peter's identity to Brock but not to Flash.

I haven't seen any of the new season. MJ still a complete non-entity? No mentions or hints at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I haven't seen any of the new season. MJ still a complete non-entity? No mentions or hints at all?
    Not in the slightest.

Amazing Member

This episode has become my favorite in the entire series.

Why is the angle in the picture not the same as the angle Eddie Brock was standing in facing the action? And for an experienced photojournalist he really sucks at getting single pictures when he should be getting videos.

The whole bonding process was rushed faster than the way the separation happened in the 90s cartoon.

Party plot is stupid, stupid stupid stupid. One of the reasons is that it took place when Peter had a job assignment, and he didn't take care of sharing that info instead of printing flyers for his house party.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Yeah, as I predicted, they really rushed Eddie's hatred of Peter, and eventually, Spider-Man because they kept him as a gag before. I really miss early season one's multi-layered story telling where they were able to develop multiple subplots at once, even when they had nothing to do with the main plot. The only effective scene with him is when he confronts Peter in his room, both because it was actually tense and because him looking over Peter's fortunate life makes him a tiny bit sympathetic. Pronsky did an okay job with Eddie, but the voice filter they used on Venom is kinda bad.

The house party subplot didn't really lead anywhere and it didn't gel well with the Venom main plot. I was expecting Venom to target Gwen, Anya, Max, or Aleksei, but the plots barely met. I think it would've been better suited for a lighter episode.

Oh, and hey, Beetle's debut!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Party plot is stupid, stupid stupid stupid. One of the reasons is that it took place when Peter had a job assignment, and he didn't take care of sharing that info instead of printing flyers for his house party.
    That part baffled me. They live in a more advanced world than we do, and nowadays if you want to invite someone to a party, you do it trough some social media platform. We do not live in the same futuristic world that they do (let alone, a entire school of geniuses), and printing flyers for a small informal event seems outdated.

And it's not that social media doesn't exist, since in the first episode Anya mentions that she shared her selfie with Spider-Man through the Horizon message boards.

It's really nothing, but really took me out of the world and -to me- made it feel outdated.

Mighty Member

I will say that I liked Miles actually looking out for Peter. The show's been telling us they're good friends, but this is the first time that it really feels like it. I also liked that Aunt May was completely cool with Peter throwing a party in the house. It subverts a bit of cliche conflict and it makes sense for both characters: May is pretty down-to-earth in the little we see of her, and Peter's a good, responsible kid who doesn't seem to have the misunderstandings he usually does with other versions of her.

I have to say, season 2 is a letdown fro season 1. Season 1 went from decent to pretty good. This one can't go even a little further than 'watchable'.

-That flyers thing also really took me out of the story. I thought Miles was going to tell Pete that he already messaged everyone or something, but he also just went with flyers, I was like what?!
    -Venom's voice was bad. Not sure how much I blame it on the voice actor and how much on the voice filter. But it was a little bit hammy, but not so hammy that you can enjoy it in it's own right. Doesn't help that some of the dialogues Venom had felt like they were written by ten year olds.
    -Did the symbiote just break from it's containment like that? Shouldn't that have been a hard case?
    -House party plot really went nowhere.
    -The whole pacing for Eddie's arc of being jealous of Peter to getting the symbiote to becoming Venom to hating Spider-Man was absolutely terrible. We needed a few episodes with Eddie in minor roles and show develop his jealousy of Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    That part baffled me. They live in a more advanced world than we do, and nowadays if you want to invite someone to a party, you do it trough some social media platform. We do not live in the same futuristic world that they do (let alone, a entire school of geniuses), and printing flyers for a small informal event seems outdated.

And it's not that social media doesn't exist, since in the first episode Anya mentions that she shared her selfie with Spider-Man through the Horizon message boards.

It's really nothing, but really took me out of the world and -to me- made it feel outdated.
    I type my opinion on a message board and forgot all about social media. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    -Did the symbiote just break from it's containment like that? Shouldn't that have been a hard case?
    And then there is the possibility of a few researchers there already hating Spider-Man.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Has anyone noticed that Anya and Gwen changed their color palettes? In s1, Anya was wearing her blue shirt, and Gwen had her pink jacket.. Now, Anya has been wearing a pink shirt as Gwen uses a blue sweatshirt.

I wonder why the change.

Their character designs were redone. Compare screenshots from seasons 1 and 2 and you may notice everyone's eyes are smaller. And Gwen changed her hairstyle.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Part of me is just happy Eddie is featured in this series after the last one.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Their character designs were redone. Compare screenshots from seasons 1 and 2 and you may notice everyone's eyes are smaller. And Gwen changed her hairstyle.
    Yeah, I noticed that too, but I just find it curious that they're the only ones with a significant palette change. Everyone is wearing their same clothes, but Anya in Gwen seemingly switched them up.