Page 85 of 184 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2750

Yeah, Gwen and Anya ought to have figured it out already, especially since they know Miles's identity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, Gwen and Anya ought to have figured it out already, especially since they know Miles's identity.
    Miles told them that willingly. Perhaps they are waiting for Peter to come out and admit it himself?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Are we supposed to ship Miles/Anya in this show?
    Nah, they want to get in The Shape of the Water bandwagon and want us to ship Anya/Gwemonster :P

"Mr. Stacy?" So George Stacy does exist on this show? I'm kind of surprised we're only learning that now.

I really wonder how they're going to deal with Gwen becoming an overnight celebrity.

Why do random, non-Harry Osborn, citizens call Spider-Man a menace? It doesn't really make sense in the context of this show unless the Bugle has already started it's smear campaign against Spider-Man yet.

It was kind of neat seeing Peter running around as Peter, not Spider-Man, for a good deal of this storyline.

What's with all the slo-mo shots during action sequences? Is that a stylistic choice? A budget thing? I get it for, like, Spider-Sense moments or when Peter's focusing but it seems unnecessary for every major action moment.

Anya is 100% more likeable when she's not riding on Peter all the time.

They never did explain what Norman was trying to do as Stealth Spider.

I'm surprised they turned Norman Osborn into a spider-monster before they transformed him into the Green Goblin. I'm even more surprised he got more of a climactic and involved showdown with the Jackal then Spider-Man did.

At least they finally provided a good excuse for why Miles vanished from the plot this time.

I wonder if the radioactive blood in Peter's DNA is going to end up turning Norman into the Green Goblin or if Norman will develop the Goblin Serum to fix his body?

When did this show turn into Bioware's Anthem? Although I guess Spider-Man piloting a Spider-Slayer was kind of funny in an ironic way.

I'm surprised Jackal got away, but I guess he still needs to clone Spider-Man...

Gwen should really let her hair down more.
    Looks like only Anya got powers during this whole thing. Spider-Gwen shut down, lol.
    I expect they're both de-powered and will probably have to get re-bitten by whatever's left of the Jackal's original spiders.
    Wasn't the reason Aunt May temporarily moved away in the comics because they thought Aunt May being there swinging around (and eventually turning into a monster) was too weird?
    At least the show finally remembered Aunt May exists.
    Are we supposed to ship Miles/Anya in this show?
    Are we supposed to ship anybody in a Marvel cartoon these days?

I mean, my first thought after Anya said "I could kiss you" is that everybody knows you're not going to kiss anybody in a Marvel cartoon Anya .
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Because then they can't come up with another contrived reason for Harry to hate Pete/Spidey.
    Y'know, I didn't think this show could top how contrived and petty Harry's hating Spider-Man generally is, but it has.

At least Max Mittleman sells it for all it's worth.
    Honestly surprised she doesn't know it already.
    Did she not find it strange that Peter vanished while Spider-Man turned up at OsCorp? She never really asked about what happened to him.

I'm honestly surprised Gwen hasn't learned his identity yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Nah, they want to get in The Shape of the Water bandwagon and want us to ship Anya/Gwemonster :P
    Seriously though, when did Anya become Gwen's best friend? We've seen them together but I don't think we've ever seen them have a single significant interaction on this show.

Heck, from what we've seen, you could better make the case that Peter is Gwen's best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why do random, non-Harry Osborn, citizens call Spider-Man a menace? It doesn't really make sense in the context of this show unless the Bugle has already started it's smear campaign against Spider-Man yet.
    Marvel civilians lol.

I'm honestly surprised Gwen hasn't learned his identity yet.
    She should've. Harry was talking to Spidey on the phone. Then he rang Peter. Peter accidentally answered as Spidey. Gwen was with him at the time! And then there's the incident when Gwen, Miles, and Peter all fired their webs, and Harry realised Peter was Spidey. Peter denied it, though of course Harry was right, which he later admitted. Surely that should've made Gwen suspicious. Not that she's had much time to reflect on it yet if she has realized.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She should've. Harry was talking to Spidey on the phone. Then he rang Peter. Peter accidentally answered as Spidey. Gwen was with him at the time! And then there's the incident when Gwen, Miles, and Peter all fired their webs, and Harry realised Peter was Spidey. Peter denied it, though of course Harry was right, which he later admitted. Surely that should've made Gwen suspicious. Not that she's had much time to reflect on it yet if she has realized.
    I don't think she or Miles really heard that call, since Peter quieted down once he realized Harry was calling him, not Spidey, and Gwen would probably assume what Harry did, that Peter was infected by the Spider-Virus.

Yeah, the slo-mo shots sucked.

"Petey-Poo". *chuckles*

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Anya calling Peter "my friend" feels kind of weird given how she usually acts around him .

Another clip:
    I'm actually pretty impressed with the spider mutant design; I was afraid that it was going to be too watered down.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Sneak peak of the season finale airing this Sunday:

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Sneak peak of the season finale airing this Sunday:
    I'm glad that the writers are using the glider and not those horrid wings Phil had in the comic.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I'm thinking for next season I'll try out a "Spider-Man bailed out/saved" counter to track how many times Spider-Man needs to get bailed out by his supporting cast on this show .
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I'm glad that the writers are using the glider and not those horrid wings Phil had in the comic.
    I'm glad they've improved the Glider CG from the prototype Harry was using. That looked pretty bad.

Well, it seems that we get confirmation that Anya no longer has powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Well, it seems that we get confirmation that Anya no longer has powers.
    I'm guessing the gas variant that Peter used to cure New York cured Anya as well.

So she and Gwen will probably need to be bitten by whatever's left of the Jackal's radioactive spiders.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'm thinking for next season I'll try out a "Spider-Man bailed out/saved" counter to track how many times Spider-Man needs to get bailed out by his supporting cast on this show .
    Honestly it reminds me of the Flash Live Action show. :P
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.