Page 2 of 184 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Dan Slott's going to be a consulting producer.

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/77...g-to-disney-xd
    Dan Slott? No, tranks

It seems the show will borrow from Slott's run.

Slott noted the following on twitter.
    That's me when I read this:

Last edited by Gemini Saga; 10-09-2016 at 02:14 PM.

Fantastic Member

I've seen some people groan at the premise of Peter being in high school again. I can understand the complaint, but honestly, I feel that this is necessary. In the last 5 years, the Spidey brand hasn't faired too well. The comics are hit and miss from what I've seen, the movies have had their reputation damaged, I'm not gonna get started on the Ultimate cartoon and since the other Marvel heroes took off thanks to the MCU, Spider-Man's lost a bit of his dominance despite being the most marketable superhero. I'm just glad that Spidey's getting some of his dominance back and I'm looking forward to Homecoming and the PS4 game.

Plus we also haven't actually seen Peter grow up and mature outside of the comics. Most previous adaptations either started out with him already in college or about to graduate high school.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Since Slott is acting as a Consultant, can you recommend that Josh Keaton gets rehired as the voice of Peter Parker?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It seems the show will borrow from Slott's run.

Slott noted the following on twitter.
    Really Horizon High? We're just getting off from Peter being with SHIELD and going back to basics only to have the new show put him in what sounds like one of those special genius schools. What was wrong with setting it in Midtown High, the place he actually goes to school? For Spider-Man being made to be the everyman type of hero, the sure seem to be setting him as a larger than life kind of person in the cartoons these days.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Since Slott is acting as a Consultant, can you recommend that Josh Keaton gets rehired as the voice of Peter Parker?
    Well, I expect Drake Bell is probably done as Spidey, but getting Keaton back will probably (and unfortunately) be a longshot .

Too bad Vanessa Marshall is currently Gamora, otherwise it would've also been awesome to have her back as MJ (assuming she's even in this new cartoon).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Really Horizon High? We're just getting off from Peter being with SHIELD and going back to basics only to have the new show put him in what sounds like one of those special genius schools. What was wrong with setting it in Midtown High, the place he actually goes to school? For Spider-Man being made to be the everyman type of hero, the sure seem to be setting him as a larger than life kind of person in the cartoons these days.
    I guess we can at least hope that we still see the classic supporting cast at this school, though I swear if Sajani shows up...
    Last edited by Frontier; 10-09-2016 at 06:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post
    I've seen some people groan at the premise of Peter being in high school again. I can understand the complaint, but honestly, I feel that this is necessary. In the last 5 years, the Spidey brand hasn't faired too well. The comics are hit and miss from what I've seen, the movies have had their reputation damaged, I'm not gonna get started on the Ultimate cartoon and since the other Marvel heroes took off thanks to the MCU, Spider-Man's lost a bit of his dominance despite being the most marketable superhero. I'm just glad that Spidey's getting some of his dominance back and I'm looking forward to Homecoming and the PS4 game.

Plus we also haven't actually seen Peter grow up and mature outside of the comics. Most previous adaptations either started out with him already in college or about to graduate high school.
    I think some of the Things you say here are based on message board reaction and not generel publich reaction. The comics have consistently been among Marvels top sellers and generally been well accepted by reviewers and while I was among those who has not really enjoyed the ultimate cartoon at all, it has its audience and its toys supposedly sold pretty well. I am not sure of the dominance factor either since Spidey merchandice still Sells more then all the rest and several times what the avengers does combined. He still makes Marvel/Disney so much more Money then any other marvel character that its not really a question of regaining anything as much as it is about keeping that spot.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KCJ506 View Post

The animated series is supposed to generate interest in a younger audience in Spider-Man so that people buy his comics, set later on in his life, as long as it isn't Ultimate Spider-Man in tone, I think it should be alright.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    I think some of the Things you say here are based on message board reaction and not generel publich reaction. The comics have consistently been among Marvels top sellers and generally been well accepted by reviewers and while I was among those who has not really enjoyed the ultimate cartoon at all, it has its audience and its toys supposedly sold pretty well. I am not sure of the dominance factor either since Spidey merchandice still Sells more then all the rest and several times what the avengers does combined. He still makes Marvel/Disney so much more Money then any other marvel character that its not really a question of regaining anything as much as it is about keeping that spot.
    Well, Ultimate Spider-Man was like a kids cartoon, not saying everybody that buys action figures is a kid, nor do I know what all our ages are on this board. But if that markets Spider-Man, all the more to it. It's just sad how Spider-Man is at the top, and other Marvel titles are struggling.

I hope Gwen will be in it. The normal Gwen, not any Alternate Universe version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    Well, Ultimate Spider-Man was like a kids cartoon, not saying everybody that buys action figures is a kid, nor do I know what all our ages are on this board. But if that markets Spider-Man, all the more to it. It's just sad how Spider-Man is at the top, and other Marvel titles are struggling.
    Yeah sure. I do think its funny that this series made my then 12 year old sister want to watch the asm movies because she like it, and my 3 year old nephew has started to like Spidey to because of it. I will give it credit for that.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I wonder if this will mark the animated debut of Carlie Cooper?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

A New Spiderman serie????

hombre-llorando.jpg

I need to know this... I am fan of spiderman... Is one of the Few characters of Marvel that I know and... RESPECT..

So how does this square with the plans for the animated movie? Separate continuity? Shared? We'll see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So how does this square with the plans for the animated movie? Separate continuity? Shared? We'll see.
    Separate.

No reason for them to be connected in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    if it is completely the opposite of Ultimate i'm in.
    I'd like to see a good Spider-Man cartoon, so agreed!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/