Page 174 of 184 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2750
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

They're dropping Maximum Venom on D+ on November 27th. Hope my body can process it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Could've been a production thing when they got wind of what Beyond would be about.
    If that were the case, I can only think of two reasons that they'd cancel 2099 for Unlimited, either they wanted Beyond to avoid negative comparisons with 2099 so this new idea has a better chance, or they kinda feared Beyond because DCAU was already pretty good.

I still find either case to be unlikely, it's possible Unlimited was always planned to be this weird Spidey cartoon, and they never considered for it to be 2099 when it would've been more fitting lol.

I think the subtlety is in how off his rocker he sounds. He sounds like a hurt and angry man who is definitely not in a right state of mind.
    He sounds more angry than anything, and not the kind of anger that comes from being hurt, just, generic anger.

One noticeable moment is the 3:12, which Otto in English Otto says "Everything you have is built on lies! LIES!", you can tell by his face how frustrated he is that Norman still doesn't admit the truth, but the Japanese dub only has Otto sounding angry without the frustration, so it looks off.

That's pretty awesome .
    Wonder if there were more jokes around than just this reference, like say, Spidey joking about considering to make a giant robot when he was making his Spider-Bots, only to realize he wouldn't have the budget for that, would be funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He sounds more angry than anything, and not the kind of anger that comes from being hurt, just, generic anger.

One noticeable moment is the 3:12, which Otto in English Otto says "Everything you have is built on lies! LIES!", you can tell by his face how frustrated he is that Norman still doesn't admit the truth, but the Japanese dub only has Otto sounding angry without the frustration, so it looks off.
    I'm still getting more a man of great anger and conviction than just generic anger, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They're dropping Maximum Venom on D+ on November 27th. Hope my body can process it.
    That was fast .

How did the symbiote not tell Flash that Peter is Spider-Man? Is that because mindless zombies for that episode?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    How did the symbiote not tell Flash that Peter is Spider-Man? Is that because mindless zombies for that episode?
    That's right. Venom was unable to communicate with it's hosts before season 2, though calling it mindless might be a stretch since it had plans to bond to Peter since episode 4 of the show.

In the episode Dead Man's Party Max Modell told Peter that the Space Administration experimented on Venom and found a way to communicate with it. Later on, when Venom formed a symbiotic bond with Eddie Brock it and Eddie told Peter the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    That's right. Venom was unable to communicate with it's hosts before season 2, though calling it mindless might be a stretch since it had plans to bond to Peter since episode 4 of the show.

In the episode Dead Man's Party Max Modell told Peter that the Space Administration experimented on Venom and found a way to communicate with it. Later on, when Venom formed a symbiotic bond with Eddie Brock it and Eddie told Peter the same thing.
    In some ways it's fitting that MJ is finally relevant to this season since she technically debuted in the episode where Venom first appeared, albeit it seems like the writers have retconned Peter already knowing her from that episode.

In some ways it's fitting that MJ is finally relevant to this season since she technically debuted in the episode where Venom first appeared, albeit it seems like the writers have retconned Peter already knowing her from that episode.
    TBH, I still don't like that they retconned her appearance from season one. The writers could have played up Peter's crush from a different angle, like at Midtown he didn't really have a crush on her because of he sort of isolated himself there. Then here comes that scene from Amazing Friends where Peter is surprised to see her in his house.

In the end, though, I'm still going with my personal headcanon of Peter and Gwen for this series. Not that I don't like Peter and Mary Jane being soulmates (that blush he had when see her is still adorable), it's just you know this show started with Gwen and all.

On Tumblr, I'm glad to see that the PeterxHarry fans have been cool with the show pushing Peter and MJ and just stick to their own preferences. I saw a funny comic about Harry and MJ meeting.

The symbiote turned them to parasite controlled dolls belonging to a hive mind.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Supposedly Marvel Animation is now a skeleton crew of itself that's just producing the preschool cartoon. I wouldn't expect any major Marvel Animation news any time soon, especially since it's not like they announced a new Avengers cartoon to replace Assemble when it ended even though most people would probably expect something.
    Future Avengers anime on Disney+ was effectively the replacement. I guess they didn't want two Avengers cartoons running at the same time, so they held Future back until Assemble ended.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

TBH, I still don't like that they retconned her appearance from season one. The writers could have played up Peter's crush from a different angle, like at Midtown he didn't really have a crush on her because of he sort of isolated himself there. Then here comes that scene from Amazing Friends where Peter is surprised to see her in his house.
    It still feels weird that they seem to have completely forgotten about it. Peter having known her before would've explained the crush more easily considering how little they've gotten to interact this season.
    In the end, though, I'm still going with my personal headcanon of Peter and Gwen for this series. Not that I don't like Peter and Mary Jane being soulmates (that blush he had when see her is still adorable), it's just you know this show started with Gwen and all.
    I remember when I used to think they might go somewhere with Peter and Gwen, only for nothing to really happen. But I guess if you are going to do something, you may as well do it with Mary Jane.
    On Tumblr, I'm glad to see that the PeterxHarry fans have been cool with the show pushing Peter and MJ and just stick to their own preferences. I saw a funny comic about Harry and MJ meeting.
    Oh yeah, I forgot Peter and Harry was probably the most popular ship before (along with Gwen and Anya). I wonder if we'll actually get to see Harry and MJ talk with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Future Avengers anime on Disney+ was effectively the replacement. I guess they didn't want two Avengers cartoons running at the same time, so they held Future back until Assemble ended.
    I'm not quite sure if that's how Disney views it.

Meg, Kylee, and Carla sound like they're giving it there all and enjoying the roles, but compared to Venom and the venomized heroes it sounds like there's something off about Scream, Scorn, and Mania's voice. Maybe they're just too young-sounding, but that could be the Symbiote sister's personality's too.

Meg, Kylee, and Carla sound like they're giving it there all and enjoying the roles, but compared to Venom and the venomized heroes it sounds like there's something off about Scream, Scorn, and Mania's voice. Maybe they're just too young-sounding, but that could be the Symbiote sister's personality's too.
    I think they sound alright (Mania sounds suitably crazy) but it's kind of random to me that they'd go for stars of the latest hit Disney teen movie to voice who are, effectively, the final bosses of the show.

On the plus side:

spoilers:
    It looks like we're getting a Face it Tiger moment .
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    "We're here to destroy the planet. For plot convenience we will tell you about it so you can stop us instead of going to a desolate location and do it comfortably, cause a cartoon has to have a happy ending."
    end of spoilers
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Thoughts on the finale:

spoilers:
    - If this is really the last we see of this Marvel Animated Universe, fitting it would feature The Avengers and Spider-Man. Although no Kamala and no Cap (who Spidey has oddly never had any intimate interaction with on this show). I liked them getting in one last dig at this universes Hawkeye (because he deserves it).

- Travis Willingham finally gets to reprise Thor and even protect his real life wife when Thor protects Black Widow from MODOK.

- They actually pointed out how The Avengers have no lives outside being Superheroes. But that's not what Spider-Man is about, so I'm glad Peter didn't go for it.

- Is Peter officially the smartest person in this setting now? He figured stuff out that stumped Tony and Max.

- I guess Rio must be dead if Miles has to stay with Aunt May and Peter. This reminds me of how in USM everyone was living with Peter, although at least Gwen and Anya have their own families.

- I mean, I thought it was pretty obviously a Symbiote tendril instead of a Lizard tail, but admittedly they had no reason to think it was a Symbiote.

- Whatever happened to Eddie Brock?

- Gwen goes with Grady to the dance (finally throwing poor Grady a bone) while Anya and Miles go together. Are they a thing? Platonic Plus One's? I wonder if Gwen could've gone with Harry...

- They missed a perfect opportunity for the "Face it Tiger..." line when Peter opened the door and saw MJ. She even did the exact pose from the comics and everything. She looked stunning in that dress though.

- Poor Aunt May just gets mentioned in the finale. They could have at least showed her in the dance prep montage fixing Peter's bowtie.

- Max Modell being Venom's final host actually kind of brings things full-circle given Peter's first suspect for Venom in season 1 was Max. Although who would have expected the final boss of a Spider-Man cartoon would effectively be Max Modell? I never thought Max's penchant for causing trouble for Peter would go this route. I'm not sure if "Maximum Venom" was a cute way to work in the season subtitle or absurdly silly.

- The Symbiote sisters looked cool and felt threatening but they really felt out-of-nowhere unless you were following the promotional material for this season. They don't even bother naming any of them in the actual show, and they don't get developed or focused on much before they're wiped away with Venom at the end. Couldn't they have at least foreshadowed them during the initial Symbiote Invasion?

- I never realized how much this show needed a down-to-Earth, normal, character until MJ started pointing out how ridiculous and crazy everything that happens on this show is. Why couldn't the show have introduced her sooner?

- I'm glad the show got to show off how awesome Mary Jane Watson is before it ended, showing her as a capable and courageous girl without super-smarts or superpowers who'll go in above and beyond to rescue her date and even play keep away with dangerous Symbiotes. And in a dress and heels, no less.

- I'm amazed the show ended with MJ getting together with Peter but not knowing he's Spider-Man. She never even got to see the real Spider-Man, just Scorn pretending to be him. Also, Grady almost destroyed the Earth as a result...

- I guess I'm not surprised that Spider-Man couldn't resolve the main conflict in the finale on his own to the very end, but teaming-up with a Venom-suited Max Modell was...kind of surreal. I don't think we've ever seen a Symbiote mindscape involving two people trying to defeat the Venom Symbiote before, either.

- I feel like it's thematically fitting that what ultimately did Horizon in was Max himself.

- Wow, kissing in a Marvel cartoon? I can't remember the last time that happened. I don't think going back to Midtown is so bad when you get to go back with your awesome new girlfriend.

- Couldn't Harry finance everything? I guess he might not want to use OsCorp money. Plus I guess we have to shoehorn in Iron Man into something Spider-Man related (not that I minded that much in this instance).

- If Peter's going back to Midtown, where are Miles, Grady, and the girls going to go? I mean, structurally it would make sense to throw them all into the same school with Peter, but Midtown would be kind of slumming it for them.

- The show left off with a few things they could focus on in a potential new season or series...the W.E.B. startup, Peter and MJ dating and attending Midtown, and of course the biggest unresolved plot of Connors and Jefferson still being The Lizard and Swarm. I mean, nobody but Peter really cares about Connors, but it sucks about Miles' dad.
    end of spoilers