Page 126 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why is Scorpion so disrespected? In most comics and now this, he's treated like a sore loser and not someone who is stronger and faster than Spider-Man.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Why is Scorpion so disrespected? In most comics and now this, he's treated like a sore loser and not someone who is stronger and faster than Spider-Man.
    Yeah, I often wonder why Scorpion is not a bigger deal myself...outside of his origin not too many know what to do with him now that Venom did the "dark reflection" better...(and heck, they don't even do his origin in adaptations anymore). I forget how he was in the last cartoon (wasn't he a ninja or something), but it's a shame how we didn't get to him in Spectacular. I also don't think Scorpy will get that much action in the MCU Spidey movies either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Yeah, I often wonder why Scorpion is not a bigger deal myself...outside of his origin not too many know what to do with him now that Venom did the "dark reflection" better...(and heck, they don't even do his origin in adaptations anymore). I forget how he was in the last cartoon (wasn't he a ninja or something), but it's a shame how we didn't get to him in Spectacular. I also don't think Scorpy will get that much action in the MCU Spidey movies either.
    Yeah, he was the Steel Serpent of Kun Lun who was made into Mortal Kombat's Scorpion in moves for some reason.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Yeah, he was the Steel Serpent of Kun Lun who was made into Mortal Kombat's Scorpion in moves for some reason.
    And voiced by Zuko from Avatar, at least until his final appearance .

Sabretooth syndrome? They keep buffing him and it never sticks? He skips leg day?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    They even mentioned Gargan by name in the last episode, I think.

Would've been interesting to see what take they would have had with him. I don't think we've seen his grudge against Jameson in a cartoon since the 90's show.

They uploaded today's episode on Youtube:

USA only, of course.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    USA only, of course.
    You said it, pal.

Really liked this episode. As I've said before, I've been looking forward for a Peter-less episode, and this one delivered. Give them their spin-off series.

The Bloodgem? Kind of weird they used something from the Bloodstone family and didn't mention them at all.

I love that Anya has pockets in her costume that she keeps notes for the police in. Like, she treats everything so seriously but she still made a note that she kept around all this time .

Tinkerer's voice is so grating on this show. But a team-up between him and Scorpion was kind of cool.

Gwen has...inexplicable gliding powers? I mean, Web Wings, but I don't know if she should be able to do that with just any material like a jacket. It was just kind of random .

So, Team Spider has Peter as the leader (presumably after he gets back), Miles as the overly-exciteable and goofy one, Anya is the serious and cautions one, and Gwen is the confident and take-charge one.

I'm kind of surprised they had so much trouble taking Scorpion out, before he even got the Bloodgem upgrade. I mean, this is the second Supervillain Peter ever beat, on his own, and he was handing Miles and Anya their butts for most of the episode. Does it really take three Spider-People to beat him?

Scorpion going giant felt a little "been there, done that" after seeing Lizard get turned into a Kaiju...

I feel so bad for Miles on this show. People keep talking about Spider-Man being missing or trying to force him to show up while Miles is right there. Not to mention, despite having seniority on the girls as far as powers and experience, it felt like they basically took over taking care of things while Miles was just along for the ride. They even point out how bad a quipper he is .

The origin of the Ghost Spider codename is as bad and as forced as it is in the comics. I'm not sure why she doesn't go by Spider-Gwen again beyond branding.

I get Gwen going back to her costume after getting her powers back, but why make a mask? She obviously still doesn't care about having a secret identity and enjoys the attention, not to mention anyone who sees her in-costume again will know it's her. The note they left had her face printed on it. Did she not want to feel left out since Anya and Miles have masks?

God I wish Marvel would stop trying to make that Ghost Spider name happen. It’s terrible each time and never has any good justification for its existence. They might as well have gone with Spider-Women since Jessica doesn’t seem likely to show up in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    God I wish Marvel would stop trying to make that Ghost Spider name happen. It’s terrible each time and never has any good justification for its existence. They might as well have gone with Spider-Women since Jessica doesn’t seem likely to show up in this series.
    I'll never understand why they couldn't just use Spider-Woman given how little they use Jessica compared to Gwen.

If Jessica Drew seemed to be a character Marvel was more focused on promoting or having out there I could get it, but that hasn't been the case. Gwen is the predominant female Spider-Hero Marvel wants to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The origin of the Ghost Spider codename is as bad and as forced as it is in the comics. I'm not sure why she doesn't go by Spider-Gwen again beyond branding.
    It was worse than in the comics. They didn't even think she was dead, they just didn't know where she was, and she snuck up behind them. It wasn't even one of the others who gave her the name like in Spider-Geddon (where they actually DID think she was dead, and Miles called her a ghost when she turned up alive). And the second reason in the comics, not wanting to steal Jessica Drew's name, doesn't apply here, and she lacks a secret identity, so both Spider-Woman and Spider-Gwen were viable names.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And another thing, why didn't Miles just Venom Blast Tinkerer in his mecha suit? Heck, why didn't he just use the Venom Blast at all in this episode?