Page 181 of 184 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I kinda like Gog, but yeah, I'm not really a fan of Boomerang being Peter's roommate - and honestly I think Spencer has handled Peter's civilian life pretty terribly with the exception of the Mary Jane-centric stuff.
    As do I. It is my one major complaint of his run thus far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

In retrospective, this series kind of came and went didn't it? When it went on hiatus no one seemed to notice that it was really gone. What are everyone’s thoughts on how the show handled Peter Parker? Not Spidey, but the young man behind the mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    In retrospective, this series kind of came and went didn't it? When it went on hiatus no one seemed to notice that it was really gone. What are everyone’s thoughts on how the show handled Peter Parker? Not Spidey, but the young man behind the mask.
    Characterization-wise, even if he was more focused on science, I had no problems.

Robbie Daymond deserved better material though.

Astonishing Member

I felt like Peter was a bit too much of a pushover, but his personality wasn't that bad.

It was weird because this series lasted like 64 episodes yet so many kinda forgot about it or didn't pay it much attention. There was a dearth of great Spider-Man media coming out at the same time from the MCU solo movie resurgence to the PlayStation game to the Spider-Verse movie... pretty much all of those other things eclipsing it in terms of the conversation and critical reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It was weird because this series lasted like 64 episodes yet so many kinda forgot about it or didn't pay it much attention. There was a dearth of great Spider-Man media coming out at the same time from the MCU solo movie resurgence to the PlayStation game to the Spider-Verse movie... pretty much all of those other things eclipsing it in terms of the conversation and critical reception.
    Maybe the art style had something to do with it. When you put this show and Ultimate Spider-Man side-by-side Ultimate looks more mature visually than Marvel's Spider-Man, especially when it came to the fight scenes. There's also the fact that there weren't any big names behind the show. Spectacular had Greig Weisman and Ultimate had Paul Dini and Brian Michael Bendis. This show's big name was Dan Slott, who from what I've seen on many websites is a bit of a mixed-bag among Spidey and Comic book fans.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I thought the show's Peter Parker was pretty solid. Honestly, I'd say Peter himself was a better adaptation in this show than in the MCU (or any of the Live action movies, tbh) or any of the other animated shows beyond Spectacular/TAS.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I thought the show's Peter Parker was pretty solid. Honestly, I'd say Peter himself was a better adaptation in this show than in the MCU (or any of the Live action movies, tbh) or any of the other animated shows beyond Spectacular/TAS.
    Yeah, the suit and tech he made on his own. He didn't need any Tony Stark hand-me-downs. And he actually quipped.

He just also needed to get saved or bailed out of trouble almost every episode.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, the suit and tech he made on his own. He didn't need any Tony Stark hand-me-downs. And he actually quipped.

He just also needed to get saved or bailed out of trouble almost every episode.
    Yeah, the amount of times he needed help was the only problem I had with the show's Peter Parker, but it's more of a story/writing issue than a character issue IMO.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I still need to finish S3 but I don't like suffering.
    If by suffering you mean sitting through boring storytelling then don't finish it. One episode has Peter, Iron Riri, and Amadeus Hulk all rivaling each other in who can be the most obnoxious for a good fraction of the episode. And the episode before the final has spoilers:
    Peter mocking Goblin while ignoring the mutated Curt Connors roam freely as the Lizard. The series end without caring much to search for the Lizard.
    end of spoilers

And I think this and USM really suffered from spending a little too much time on the Superhero side of thing rather than the civilian side. Maybe not as bad as USM wherein you could go several episodes without Peter even taking his mask off, but it was getting to the point of an Arrowverse show where all the main characters are fellow Superheroes or involved in his Superhero life so what's the point of his civilian identity?
    With Ultimate Spider-Man at least it was their goal since the start.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    If by suffering you mean sitting through boring storytelling then don't finish it. One episode has Peter, Iron Riri, and Amadeus Hulk all rivaling each other in who can be the most obnoxious for a good fraction of the episode. And the episode before the final has
    What was even the point of introducing Riri and Cho when their most relevance after their first appearance is getting turned into Venomized thralls? They could've spent more time building up Peter and MJ's relationship.

Maybe at one point a Champions focused season 4 was planned at some point, only to be curtailed when Marvel Animation was pretty much shuttered? Hence Riri and Amadeus getting introduced at the eleventh hour with seemingly no purpose? Kamala had of course already been introduced the previous season, as a carry over from Avengers Assemble, which had ended by the time Spider-Man Maximum Venom aired.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe at one point a Champions focused season 4 was planned at some point, only to be curtailed when Marvel Animation was pretty much shuttered? Hence Riri and Amadeus getting introduced at the eleventh hour with seemingly no purpose? Kamala had of course already been introduced the previous season, as a carry over from Avengers Assemble, which had ended by the time Spider-Man Maximum Venom aired.
    To be honest I thought it was a Marvel Rising tie-in since they used the same VA for Riri. They might have had a special planned for Cho that they never got to do, otherwise he feels even more random than Riri.

I guess maybe they could've roped them into the new science thing they come up with at the end.

What was even the point of introducing Riri and Cho when their most relevance after their first appearance is getting turned into Venomized thralls? They could've spent more time building up Peter and MJ's relationship.
    New things to comics, gotta add modern stuff to sell them. At least that would be my guess.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Does that mean that Boomerang and Gog were terrible additions to Peter's civilian life?
    Boomerang? Not really but they shouldn't drag it out so long.

Gog? Definite yes.

Eh. There's a good moment where Modell asks him why he doesn't make identity public like Tony Stark and he explains why he doesn't but most of the time his Spidey personality overlaps his Peter Parker one.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 04-14-2021 at 07:43 AM.
    "Cable was right!"