Default Symbiote Spiderman: Alien Reality

Anyone read the issue? U mistaken Natasha for the red head black cat look-alike guess we all have Mj in our minds when it comes to Red-Heads. Hobgoblin becoming Doctor Strange was interesting and a difficult opponent for Spider-man. But Og Doctor Strange although weaken found our Webhead and will play a role in changing everything back to normal.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar

Feels really slip-shod all things considered. Hobgoblin being Doctor Strange is just random. It's not funny, it's not insightful on a character-level, it feels random.

Black Widow as Black Cat just doesn't feel right to me. It's not commenting or saying anything about the characters.

Mighty Member

This was very reminiscent of the Emperor Joker storyline at DC when he got the powers of Mxy and ran riot. Should make for an interesting distraction. I'm just wondering which Hobgoblin it is. Judging from the fact he sought out and obtained the powers of the Sorcerer Supreme it is likely Macendale. He was always seeking an upgrade and wasn't above making deals with demons to get more power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    This was very reminiscent of the Emperor Joker storyline at DC when he got the powers of Mxy and ran riot. Should make for an interesting distraction.
    Yeah, an "interesting distraction" seems about right. Based on this first issue, I'm game to see where it goes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Anyone read the issue? U mistaken Natasha for the red head black cat look-alike guess we all have Mj in our minds when it comes to Red-Heads. Hobgoblin becoming Doctor Strange was interesting and a difficult opponent for Spider-man. But Og Doctor Strange although weaken found our Webhead and will play a role in changing everything back to normal.
    It would have made sense if it was MJ. Purely because I wanted to see the roles between her and Felicia switched. Peter doesn't really have that emotional attachment to Nat (or history for that matter). So that decision seemed out of place for me (I think PAD did it because he had Nat in the opening).

I know one member of this forum who is going to be on cloud nine with this issue: Darthfury. They've always shipped those two lol.

I really enjoyed this issue - the alien symbiote Spider-Man era was one of my faves so it was good to revisit.

Ticked all the boxes for me Dr Strange, Hobgoblin, & Kraven.
    Last edited by Nighthawk; 12-11-2019 at 08:19 PM.