Page 153 of 184 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not to mention Anya got left out of Marvel Action Spider-Man...
    It's for the same reason Spinnerette hasn't been included; popularity or perceived popularity. Alongside Peter, Miles and Gwen are the cash cows right now they move metric tons of merchandise (mainly toys).
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It's for the same reason Spinnerette hasn't been included; popularity or perceived popularity. Alongside Peter, Miles and Gwen are the cash cows right now they move metric tons of merchandise (mainly toys).
    Well, I think Spinnerette is kind of limited because she was an AU adult MJ with a kid. I don't think there was ever a big chance that identity was going to get marketed much unless Marvel wants to really push MJ as a Superhero.

It's for the same reason Spinnerette hasn't been included; popularity or perceived popularity.
    And Anya doesn't really fit the "Everyone can wear the mask" ideal/reason to make more toy masks when her mask is a cowl. I know Jessica Drew has the same cowl, but we don't know if it's 616 Jessica or Ultimate Jessica that'll be a part of the Spider-Women movie and Into the Spider-Verse movies.

I did see a tweet asking about Anya for Marvel Action Spider-Man and both the artist and writer liked it, but that was from last year I believe.

Alongside Peter, Miles and Gwen are the cash cows right now they move metric tons of merchandise (mainly toys).
    Don't forget about Spider-Ham. Everybody loves him....
    Last edited by Pattern_Maker; 06-06-2020 at 11:11 PM.

That Spider-Women movie would be an adaptation of the same named comic story, so it should be the 616 version (and anyway, that would also introduce Silk, who uses a mouthguard instead of a mask, the top half of her head is uncovered, and like Anya and Jessica, her hair is on display). Nothing to stop the next Miles focused film from using 1610 Jessica though. We've already seen multiple Peter Parkers.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-07-2020 at 02:09 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, I think Spinnerette is kind of limited because she was an AU adult MJ with a kid. I don't think there was ever a big chance that identity was going to get marketed much unless Marvel wants to really push MJ as a Superhero.
    I agree with you completely (for the reasons you've outlined).

Poor Anya is now seen among many if not most (especially casual fans, if they take note of her at all) as "that other less cool Spider-Girl" next to Spider-Gwen, mainly because Marvel/Disney pushed the holy hell out of the character of New Gwen once it was apparent she was becoming popular.
    Last edited by Celgress; 06-07-2020 at 08:55 PM.

Well, I think Anya's presence on this show owes more to Stephen Wacker being an initial producer then Marvel wanting to promote her to any significant extent.

Well, I think Anya's presence on this show owes more to Stephen Wacker being an initial producer then Marvel wanting to promote her to any significant extent.
    Once more, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I get the impression she was an afterthought at best. Peter, Miles, and Gwen (to a somewhat lesser degree) are clearly the intended stars.

Once more, I agree with you wholeheartedly. I get the impression she was an afterthought at best. Peter, Miles, and Gwen (to a somewhat lesser degree) are clearly the intended stars.
    If you see how the show treats them, everyone feels like an afterthought after Peter.

If you see how the show treats them, everyone feels like an afterthought after Peter.
    Hahahaha, a valid point.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

It’s a weird dynamic. Peter is the main character no doubt. But it seems like the show would rather have the others as special guest than a permanent supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    It’s a weird dynamic. Peter is the main character no doubt. But it seems like the show would rather have the others as special guest than a permanent supporting cast.
    If I'm being honest, I think handling them like guest stars would've been more ideal then treating them as part of the supporting cast because the show just doesn't seem to know what to do with them as supporting characters.

Yeah, I think it's telling that the comics haven't even been using her recently. I think the only place she's appeared since this show began was Spider-Geddon?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I think it's telling that the comics haven't even been using her recently. I think the only place she's appeared since this show began was Spider-Geddon?
    Aside from some Marvel Superhero Adventures stories, I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Sometimes I think the show would have been better if Peter, Miles, Anya, and Gwen started off as a team and then an episode later on they recap on how they got their powers like how Marvel Action Spider-Man and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends did it. It could still tie-in to that Spider-Soldier plot with Raymond Warren from season one, but just say that Anya and Gwen got bitten by their own spiders instead of gaining powers from the Spider-Island virus.

Speaking of Gwen and Anya, I'm hoping that they find out Peter is Spider-Man in this final season. And I'm really hoping it's because they get Venomized by Venom infecting them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Sometimes I think the show would have been better if Peter, Miles, Anya, and Gwen started off as a team and then an episode later on they recap on how they got their powers like how Marvel Action Spider-Man and Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends did it. It could still tie-in to that Spider-Soldier plot with Raymond Warren from season one, but just say that Anya and Gwen got bitten by their own spiders instead of gaining powers from the Spider-Island virus.

Speaking of Gwen and Anya, I'm hoping that they find out Peter is Spider-Man in this final season. And I'm really hoping it's because they get Venomized by Venom infecting them.
    I woud prefer another way, but yeah, being infected by Venom could allow Gwen and Anya to see inside Peter's memories and understand him better. You know, about how he blamed himself of Uncle Ben's death and his motto about power and responsability.