Page 134 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2750
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why did Miles not tell Peter that he was expelled from Horizon? Or have the decency to let Kamala know about the bodyswap? Why was he acting mad at Peter being there like all the other students were? Heck, why were all the students even mad at Peter? SpOck wasn't that bad around them...unless they took his leaving as a dig at their school pride. But I don't think that's enough to make Gwen and Anya not want to talk to Peter.
    Gotta make the antagonism make about as much sense as Felicia's "Queenpin of Crime" motivation. :P

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I'm surprised they had at least TWO chances to give Miles his own subplot (his dad and Prowler) and either didn't do anything with them or actually went in a different direction. It's like the show has no idea if it's based on Peter alone or a team-based series.
    It's the "have it's cake and eat it too" issue with this series. They want to tell the story of a young amatuer Spider-Man while at the same time also include all the other Spiders from the comic. Which is like, they shouldn't have done both.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 10-21-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

Anyone else know why despite the whole season apparently surrounding Doc Ock's plans, they decide to have season finale with a totally unrelated villain?

Either have a story or don't. There are plenty of great stories without overarching plotlines. If you don't want to commit to one, then don't pretend you're going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Peter wasn't expelled, Otto quit. Max was demanding payment for course fees and Otto didn't care.
    Basically the same thing though. Miles should've let Peter know he goes to a completely different high school so they could've avoided him walking to Horizon like nothing happened.
    Yeah, Augustus was Regent's real name in the comics too, so comics fans already know who he is.
    Even in the show it seems pretty darn obvious it's really him.
    Bear in mind, the Avengers cartoon is cancelled now, so this version of Kamala has become exclusive to Spider-Man and is now able to be used as actual supporting cast. That includes the potential for her to become his love interest, in the absence of MJ and with Gwen clearly platonic.
    I wonder if she'll show up for Goblin War.
    Would Kamala believe him about the body swap? Would Steve? They already tested him and thought he was the real Peter, when he was actually Otto.
    If Miles backed him up, probably.
    I'm surprised they had at least TWO chances to give Miles his own subplot (his dad and Prowler) and either didn't do anything with them or actually went in a different direction. It's like the show has no idea if it's based on Peter alone or a team-based series.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    It's the "have it's cake and eat it too" issue with this series. They want to tell the story of a young amatuer Spider-Man while at the same time also include all the other Spiders from the comic. Which is like, they shouldn't have done both.
    It really does feel more and more like the other Spiders were executive mandates and the writers have no idea what to do with them.

Granted, you'd think with 52 episodes they could've figured out a better way of implementing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    looks like horizon and the other three spider heroes are being phased out.
    And they barely even did anything with the other spider-heroes. Now we're going on, like, 7 episodes since the last time Gwen and Anya did anything in-costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Anyone else know why despite the whole season apparently surrounding Doc Ock's plans, they decide to have season finale with a totally unrelated villain?
    Well, they're adapting Slott's work and Goblin Nation was the actual end to the Superior storyline.

Plus, with as many villains as they have already thrown in there, I don't think they want to be the Spider-Man cartoon that never did a proper Green Goblin.

Astonishing Member

Basically the same thing though. Miles should've let Peter know he goes to a completely different high school so they could've avoided him walking to Horizon like nothing happened.

Even in the show it seems pretty darn obvious it's really him.

I wonder if she'll show up for Goblin War.

If Miles backed him up, probably.

It really does feel more and more like the other Spiders were executive mandates and the writers have no idea what to do with them.

Granted, you'd think with 52 episodes they could've figured out a better way of implementing them.

And they barely even did anything with the other spider-heroes. Now we're going on, like, 7 episodes since the last time Gwen and Anya did anything in-costume.

Well, they're adapting Slott's work and Goblin Nation was the actual end to the Superior storyline.

Plus, with as many villains as they have already thrown in there, I don't think they want to be the Spider-Man cartoon that never did a proper Green Goblin.
    I am not a cartoon fan ( although I liked 'Into The Spider-Verse'), but as a Spider-Man fan I considered trying this cartoon ( now that Yankee Season is over), but reading about Dan Slott's involvement and especially using his stories makes this a "No Way Jose" for me. It is almost like Slott is Freddy Kruger, you think he is gone, but he comes back to terrorize in a sequel.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-21-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I am not a cartoon fan ( although I liked 'Into The Spider-Verse'), but as a Spider-Man fan I considered trying this cartoon ( now that Yankee Season is over), but reading about Dan Slott's involvement and especially using his stories makes this a "No Way Jose" for me. It is almost like Slott is Freddy Kruger, you think he is gone, but he comes back to terrorize in a sequel.
    He was involved in the PS4 game and people were ok with it.

The problem I have with him is that he’s so ADD. He can never stick to one story.

To be honest it feels like Slott had more creative control over this series then he did in the PS4 game.

November Synopsis'

Marvel’s Spider-Man “The Road to Goblin War“
    (9:30-10:00 P.M. EST)
    Spider-Man must take down the slick new villain, Slyde, as he steals various chemicals from around the city in an effort to create a deadly virus that could wipe out New York.
    TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Nov. 10

Marvel’s Spider-Man “Goblin War – Part One“
    Spider-Man teams up with Spider-Girl, Ghost-Spider and Doc Ock to track down a new threat – the mysterious Goblin Nation.
    TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Nov. 17

Marvel’s Spider-Man “Goblin War – Part Two“
    Spider-Man and Harry Osborn seek the Goblin King to determine who is behind the Goblin Mask.
    TV-Y7 FV

Sunday, Nov. 24

Marvel’s Spider-Man “Goblin War – Part Three“

Astonishing Member

Ok good.

When I didn’t see any new episodes on Wikipedia, I got worried.

Slyde? I don't recognise that name. Cartoon exclusive character?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I kinda wish they had ended the Superior arc around the Goblin War arc. We'll never get THAT moment when Norman realizes he's dealing with Peter, not Otto.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Slyde? I don't recognise that name. Cartoon exclusive character?
    Not really, no.

I kinda wish they had ended the Superior arc around the Goblin War arc. We'll never get THAT moment when Norman realizes he's dealing with Peter, not Otto.
    To be honest, as much as I would've liked to have seen it too, I'm not sure it would have worked as well if only because Norman doesn't have the history with Spider-Man on this show that he does in the comics.

I do hope they actually call him the Green Goblin and not "Goblin King" for the entire story.

Am I the only one who thought Roman looked like Sinbad?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Ah, so he hasn't been used for a long time, that's why I didn't know of him. Thanks.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Wikipedia posted this, but I'm not sure of the original source:

Marvel’s Spider-Man “Goblin War – Part Four“
    The Spider Team must stop the Goblin King in his newly-acquired Goblin Mech Suit before he destroys New York.
    TV-Y7 FV

"Goblin Mech Suit". Another reference to "Renew Your Vows", as the first arc (with kid Annie) ended with a battle against one of these, using Regent's tech. I really wish a Spider-MJ will eventually appear. If not this season, next one.

Just imagine the show with proper shading and coloring:

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Wikipedia posted this, but I'm not sure of the original source:

Marvel’s Spider-Man “Goblin War – Part Four“
    The Spider Team must stop the Goblin King in his newly-acquired Goblin Mech Suit before he destroys New York.
    TV-Y7 FV

"Goblin Mech Suit". Another reference to "Renew Your Vows", as the first arc (with kid Annie) ended with a battle against one of these, using Regent's tech. I really wish a Spider-MJ will eventually appear. If not this season, next one.
    "Goblin King." It's the bloody Green Goblin...

Do we really need "The Spider Team" for this? Can't Spidey just defeat Osborn on his own?

Also...a Goblin Mech Suit just seems a bit much. Like "Doc Ock turns into a mutant giant monster in Ultimate Spider-Man" much bit much.

Astonishing Member

Just imagine the show with proper shading and coloring:

"Goblin King." It's the bloody Green Goblin...

Do we really need "The Spider Team" for this? Can't Spidey just defeat Osborn on his own?

Also...a Goblin Mech Suit just seems a bit much. Like "Doc Ock turns into a mutant giant monster in Ultimate Spider-Man" much bit much.
    The whole "Goblin Nation" suggest Osborn has created an army of Goblins, similar to the whole Spider-Island. So, "Goblin King" can suit better for his ego. And although Peter can defeat Osborn by his own, he will need back-up against his army. Not to mention that, since Harry has issues with his father here, I'm pretty sure he will want to have some "words" with Norman himself.