Page 104 of 184 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2750

I felt sorry for every student that lost his/her project in that battle, and for everyone in school for the unfortunate delay of the event.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

So, that was the end of the four-parter, and that was....okay, for the most part.

The Jack O'Lantern part was just there. Booboo Stewart sounded kinda odd for the role. It was a pretty straightforward battle. I wonder if his glider and caramel apple bombs will be appropriated by the Green Goblin, if he ever comes about. The Prowler story was more interesting. I really liked his design. I'm surprised they actually used Hobie Brown (and his brother, Abraham) instead of Aaron Davis and that baggage with Miles. On one hand, if it involved Miles, it would've needed more than just this small segment to develop and could even be its own episode. On other hand, it was a missed opportunity to actually give Miles some character development or even something to do.

The Electro segment, again, was a pretty straightforward segment. Spidey uses his resourcefulness to take her down. I was never enamoured by Electro's usual design and even gender, so I didn't mind her new design and characterization at all. Also, it was pretty convenient that the contest will now be delayed to give Peter some time. In the final segment, spoilers:
    it's "revealed" that Chameleon is the "mastermind". He had a cool design, though Patton Oswalt was a weird choice for him. I thought they'd play up him sounding like Uncle Ben, but they didn't. I did find it funny that Peter hesitated at punching Chameleon as an old lady, but completely took a chance at punching out Jameson. It seems we have Chief Watanabe here as Spidey's adversarial police ally, a role usually Jean DeWolff has
    end of spoilers.

Overall, this was a fun event. Yeah, it's all a bunch of villain vignettes that are only loosely connected to the subplots regarding the bounty and the school contest, but it was also a nice way of introducing villains that aren't necessarily compelling enough to have their own episodes (save for maybe Prowler). I do wish there was a more satisfying conclusion to those subplots, though, since they both end in dud. spoilers:
    The school event is cancelled due to Spidey's battle with Electro and we find out Chameleon was hired by the mystery employer, who STILL isn't revealed. Even if they don't reveal it to Spidey, I think it would've been satisfying if the audience knew, at least
    end of spoilers.
    Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 08-06-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Here's a clip from part 4:

(That's apparently supposed to be Electro).
    I get it, fresh and hip updated take, but that does not look and sound like an Electro, design, age, voice, and "crazy awesome" language, who could be long-term Sinister Six candidate, without potentially becoming annoying by the second use.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-07-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    I get it, fresh and hip updated take, but that does not look and sound like an Electro, design, age, voice, and "crazy awesome" language, who could be long-term Sinister Six candidate, without potentially becoming annoying by the second use.
    Assuming we get a second, more accurate incarnation of the Six. I mean, we've got all the members (with Sandgirl taking over her dad's spot). All of the cartoons that have the Six always seem to avoid the original line-up.

BANNED

Episodes 12-14

spoilers:
    37 12 "Brain Drain" August 13, 2018

Spider-Man and Miles Morales discover Doc Ock, whose mind has been hiding inside the metal body of the Living Brain, has been behind the mysterious bounty for Spider-Man's head.

38 13 "The Living Brain" August 13, 2018

Spider-Man must fight his way through the Super-Villain Holding Facility to challenge the Living Brain, the robot body that is housing the mind of Doctor Octopus.

"Spider-Man No More"
    Because of the Intense Negativity he recieved from the city going too far, Peter decides to Give Up being Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    -
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-09-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Episodes 12-14

Spider-Man and Miles Morales discover Doc Ock, whose mind has been hiding inside the metal body of the Living Brain, has been behind the mysterious bounty for Spider-Man's head.

Spider-Man must fight his way through the Super-Villain Holding Facility to challenge the Living Brain, the robot body that is housing the mind of Doctor Octopus.

"Spider-Man No More"
    Because of the Intense Negativity he recieved from the city going too far, Peter decides to Give Up being Spider-Man.[/hide]
    -
    Where did you get the description for "Spider-Man No More?"

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Episodes 12-14

spoilers:

"Spider-Man No More"
    Because of the Intense Negativity he recieved from the city going too far, Peter decides to Give Up being Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    -
    Uh, spoilers?

Clip from next week's episode:

And the second part:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Assuming we get a second, more accurate incarnation of the Six. I mean, we've got all the members (with Sandgirl taking over her dad's spot). All of the cartoons that have the Six always seem to avoid the original line-up.
    ....Filled with formidable arch-enemies, each individually capable every one of them, the past shows that was - whether the Six may be Doctor Octopus, with Green Goblin, or Rhino, or Vulture, or Sandman, or Electro, or Kraven, or Lizard, or Chameleon, or Shocker, or Scorpion, or Hydro-Man, or Mysterio.

This current show immatures up way too many of them, or dumbs them down to just brainless brute muscle, or just simply two-dimensional, based on the show often cramming them by two or three per episode, not giving individual personalities of characterization.

Only good, competently developed supervillains on this new Spider-Man show so far: Vulture, Jackal, Black Cat, Spencer Smythe, Hammerhead, Kraven the Hunter, Doctor Octopus / Otto Octavius, Mysterio, Hobgoblin / Norman Osborn, Venom / Eddie Brock, and I could assume Chameleon, although have not seen episode yet.

BANNED

Episodes 14-17

spoilers:
    Superior Spider-Man Parts 1-4"
    end of spoilers

I skipped reading Superior Spider-Man and what followed, wasn't looking forward to seeing that adapted one way or another.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Considering he's been going on a week without any sleep, it's pretty impressive that Peter was able to still keep going and fight off other villains and Ock/Living Brain for as well as he did. I can't think of many adult Avengers who've pulled that off. Granted, it did still play into Otto's hands.

I feel like the show kind of redeemed their take on Tinkerer here, even though with that boomerang and electric whips it felt like he was basically stealing other villains' gimmicks.

I wonder if the writers have a rule that they have to make sure Miles is a bigger part of the next arc if they completely ignore him in the previous one. Like, they barely use him in the first few episodes of the season, but then he get to play a major role in the Venom two-parter, but then he inexplicably does nothing during the villain gauntlet arc, only to become more actively involved here.

Yuri's taking a lot of lessons from the Captain Stacy/DeWolff handbook when it comes to interacting with Spider-Man. I did find it amusing that Peter was the only one who actually pronounced her name correctly (granted, his VA does a lot of anime work).

Aunt May and Gwen meeting reminded me that we still haven't seen Mary Jane yet. I guess the no-romance policy is good so we don't see Aunt May saying Gwen is "perfect" for Peter, but it also means we don't have her pushing Peter to try and meet Anna Watson's niece .

Miles' reaction to Anya as Spider-Girl was hilarious .

I have to say the build-up to the Superior twist was handled pretty well, at least in my opinion. We had that sense of foreboding as far as Ock's plan for Spider-Man, with Spidey being none the wiser, and Ock ultimately succeeding and becoming Spider-Man right when public favor seems to be turning a new leaf for Spider-Man. Really curious to see how they'll handle the storyline moving forward, and what Robbie Daymond's SpOck will sound like.

I also liked that the angle of the mask at the end seemed to be going for the same angles as the Superior suits mask.

I'm reading on some twitter and tumblr posts that this was the last episode until next summer, but can't find any concrete source, is this true?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I'm reading on some twitter and tumblr posts that this was the last episode until next summer, but can't find any concrete source, is this true?
    A year-long hiatus? Well that's one way to drag a potentially cancelled series out.