Page 144 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2750

A lot of the villains would just be pre-existing (as was the case for people like Green Goblin in the comics). Could've fought Peter up to a decade ago. They could also use characters from Champions, such as the Freelancers. And borrowing from other heroes' rogues galleries happens often enough anyway - happens in the comics too, Technogolem was Tony's and then Riri's opponent before she fought Miles.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

If they do focus on Miles, they could use villains who are so minor in Peter's life that no one would bat an eyelash on why they aren't bothering Pete that much (plus it'd be nice to see some of the more uncommon rogues). Might as well get to using characters like Lightmaster, Gibbon, Vermin, Jonas Harrow, and the like... Save the big guns for Peter, but Miles can have these second stringers, heck they might even gain some popularity when they don't have to compete with the likes of big names that Peter deals with like Otto, Norman, and Eddie, or even lesser villains but still major to Peter's life like Vulture, Mysterio, Shocker, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    If they do focus on Miles, they could use villains who are so minor in Peter's life that no one would bat an eyelash on why they aren't bothering Pete that much (plus it'd be nice to see some of the more uncommon rogues). Might as well get to using characters like Lightmaster, Gibbon, Vermin, Jonas Harrow, and the like... Save the big guns for Peter, but Miles can have these second stringers, heck they might even gain some popularity when they don't have to compete with the likes of big names that Peter deals with like Otto, Norman, and Eddie, or even lesser villains but still major to Peter's life like Vulture, Mysterio, Shocker, etc.
    AKA the Batwoman/Supergirl treatment .

Didn't Arrow already use some Batman villains (Ras Al Ghul, to name one), which would explain would explain why Batwoman uses second stringers?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So per Patrick Brown, they'll actually use the designs he did for the publicity material for this season.

This means Anya will finally get to wear the infamous new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    So per Patrick Brown, they'll actually use the designs he did for the publicity material for this season.

This means Anya will finally get to wear the infamous new costume.
    I'm not sure what would be the point of matching the promotional art now unless the series is getting an animation quality boost to look as good as the promotional art.

I guess it means those Venomized designs will try and match the promotional art as much as possible.

Official release date, April 19th.

The series will also feature the animated debut of Scream, Scorn and Mania.

It will also finally feature MJ played by Felicia Day.

That's odd. In the comics, Scorn isn't Scream's and Mania's sister - it's spawned from Carnage, not Venom. Why didn't they use one of the four symbiotes that debuted alongside Scream instead? Also, the current Scream in the comics is actually Mania's original host, so presumably they're using the old civilian identity for Scream.

They list Ironheart with the main cast, so I wonder if they'll introduce Riri as going to Horizon.

Is Ben Pronsky playing Brock or the Venom Symbiote? I hate that I have to ask this question .

Nice that they'll be bringing Conners back. I really didn't like how marginalized he felt in the Lizard episode. And Yuri Lowenthal .

Amazing how these animated series seem to feature the debuts of these symbiote heroes after the point that the comics have basically gotten rid of them. First Agent Venom and now Mania. It’s like a day late and a dollar short.

Astonishing Member

I have a few things to comment.

+ Happy to know Mary Jane is going to officially appear in this season. And I found funny the fact that someone called "Felicia" is who is going to dub Mary Jane Watson. However, it calls my attention Mary Jane is going to appear during a season with Symbiotes. I have suspictions.

+ Grady Scraps could be the key to bring us something we expected from the promo material. Considering his inventions in the comics, he could bring us Miguel O'Hara, Spider-Man 2099. Even more, with symbiotes being the main focus, I bet we could have Venom 2099.

+ I don't know who is "Head Administartor", but I have my suspictions.

+ Scream, Scorn and Mania are going to appear? I didn't see this coming. However, it calls my interest to know who will be their hosts. I have some suspictions that go to the unexpected twists from the comics and series. Let's see:
    - Mania is a "clone" of Venom, so I have two main candidates: Black Cat or Mary Jane Watson. Black Cat has been venomized before, and MJ could look like when she was possessed by Venom in "Renew Your Vows". It could merge with Flash to become "Agent Venom", but I have other ideas, honestly.
    - Scorn is a quite peculiar symbiote, as it's half machine. This would be interesting to see. I have a crazy idea: Scorn combines with the Iron Spider's armor (if it appears) and then it bonds with Mary Jane Watson.
    - I have nothing for Scream.

+ I don't count with these female symbiotes being the only ones to appear. I have others candidates to appear that I already mentioned previously.
    - Carnage will definitely have to appear, and all things considered, I believe it host will be... Norman Osborn! If it then "evolves" into the Red Goblin, I would love to see Spidey bonding with Venom again to fight him.
    - Anti-Venom will have to appear. And considering several things, I believe Harry Osborn could bond with it. (Extended from "Ultimate Spider-Man").
    - Toxin is another interesting choice, and the perfect candidate would be Flash Thompson to become "Agent Toxin". When Eddie Brock used this symbiote in the comics, he temporally had a look similar to Flash as "Agent Venom". "Agent Anti-Venom" looked really good for Flash, but white is not an appropiated color for a soldier, honestly.

+ Mary Jane Watson becoming a Spider is something I really want to see again, only I hope it won't be through Carnage's symbiote again. We naver saw her during the Spider-Island's arc, so maybe she could have kept Spider-Powers and bending with a symbiote made her stronger.

What do you think?

Astonishing Member

Sorry for the double post, guys; but do you have any idea about when we are going to have a video/preview/promo of this season? The quarentine is getting forever and I would like to see some video already to cheer me up a little.

Is it just me, or does the animation look better?

I... think so. And they actually changed Spider-Man's design. I also noticed Sandman there, so I guess he didn't died in the end.

Huh, I come to realize that it will premiere next week-end. Surely this quarantine has made me lost track of days.

I... think so. And they actually changed Spider-Man's design. I also noticed Sandman there, so I guess he didn't died in the end.
    Yeah, the blue palms are new. I think they may have also gotten rid of that weird line near the chest emblem?