Page 158 of 184 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2750

They honestly should've known by the middle of season 2 though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    Hey, Gwen and Anya finally found out Peter's Spider-Man! I'm surprised they would spoil that.

"With jokes like that, how did we not know you were Peter Parker?" - Um, maybe because you two thought he was a member of the Goblin Nation and viewed them both differently in season one.
    I've seen the interpretation of Anya being autistic, which would justify her not getting much of his humor, and hence having a hard time distinguishing Peter from Spidey.

Gwen though, uh....

You'd think they would've actually mentioned it if she was autistic, it'd be good to teach kids about mental health and how it doesn't stop you living a normal life.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean, Gwen's jokes are also pretty bad...

Astonishing Member

To Disney, comedy means "90% of your characters acting like jerks". It's sad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's not Disney, it's Marvel Animation. Other Disney shows like DuckTales 2017 and Gravity Falls among others are totally capable and genuinely funny comedies.

Mighty Member

It's starting to feel like they expect us to know everything about all of the characters which is why they're doing absolutely nothing in trying to develop them.
    Which I don't understand as the fact that adaptations often change things anyway, so we normally don't expect 1:1 with the comics. (i.e. Shocker is Montana in Spectacular and the suit was stolen from Tri-Corp, Dormammu being behind Carnage in the animated series, etc.)

Also...I really hate that Klyntar retcon...sometimes mysteries are better left unsolved...especially when solving it only creates more questions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Also...I really hate that Klyntar retcon...sometimes mysteries are better left unsolved...especially when solving it only creates more questions.
    I like the animation in the short, but yeah, not a fan of trying to add more "lore" to the symbiotes in the comics and here. I never even considered the symbiotes a mystery. More so that they were simple creatures that provided simple enhancements in change for negative emotions.

Astonishing Member

Which I don't understand as the fact that adaptations often change things anyway, so we normally don't expect 1:1 with the comics. (i.e. Shocker is Montana in Spectacular and the suit was stolen from Tri-Corp, Dormammu being behind Carnage in the animated series, etc.)
    Sometimes, we do. That's why we don't care to see Peter's origin story anymore. We don't think any change will be significant enough for it to matter.

Honestly. I don't really get the complains. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I am not debating that, but I think this is one of the most fitting origins for the Klyntar. I would argue, in fact, that this origin may even be better than the comic book one all things considered. It implements both sides of Symbiotes that have been known through stories: Evil, domineering parasites and rejected symbiotic organisms. They were created as weapons and it is in their nature to be like that, but at the same time they went through betrayal after betrayal in spite of them just wanting to be with someone else. I think it works great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Honestly. I don't really get the complains. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I am not debating that, but I think this is one of the most fitting origins for the Klyntar. I would argue, in fact, that this origin may even be better than the comic book one all things considered. It implements both sides of Symbiotes that have been known through stories: Evil, domineering parasites and rejected symbiotic organisms. They were created as weapons and it is in their nature to be like that, but at the same time they went through betrayal after betrayal in spite of them just wanting to be with someone else. I think it works great.
    "If it was so great why couldn't they put it in the show rather than some clip that people aren't guaranteed to watch?"

How you build your world is just as important what the world actually is. Even if the origin itself is fine, it feels like it was implemented poorly.

"If it was so great why couldn't they put it in the show rather than some clip that people aren't guaranteed to watch?"

How you build your world is just as important what the world actually is. Even if the origin itself is fine, it feels like it was implemented poorly.
    Oh, I am not arguing that the way they implemented it was bad. My apologies if it came as a defense of the way in which it was presented. - I actually do agree that all this lore would have been amazing to have had in the actual series, instead of dumping it in a youtube video and expecting people to watch it. But then again, this show has been lazy in a lot of respects, so that doesn't even surprise.

My comment was mostly aimed to the people who said that the origin itself was bad or that it was a bad take on the Symbiotes.

I think it's more because of the Dan Slott elements still ingrained into the show's DNA.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I like the animation in the short, but yeah, not a fan of trying to add more "lore" to the symbiotes in the comics and here. I never even considered the symbiotes a mystery. More so that they were simple creatures that provided simple enhancements in change for negative emotions.
    The Knull stuff just seems out of place in a show that, by relative standards, has been grounded in more Superhero Sci-Fi concepts. I'm half-expecting them to not use Knull at all and he was just there as a tie-in to the comics, unless he's like the "final boss" after the Symbiote sisters, but they better start building up to him fast.

Why did he show his face and tell his name to Connors? Connors who recklessly took the symbiote and then made Max Modell lose his position as the school's headmaster. There was no build up to trusting him, and whatever they include in this episode is bound to be rushed and messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

To both of ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Knull stuff just seems out of place in a show that, by relative standards, has been grounded in more Superhero Sci-Fi concepts. I'm half-expecting them to not use Knull at all and he was just there as a tie-in to the comics, unless he's like the "final boss" after the Symbiote sisters, but they better start building up to him fast.
    With the "He discarded our sisssstersss" crap I don't find there any reason for him to appear.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Why did he show his face and tell his name to Connors? Connors who recklessly took the symbiote and then made Max Modell lose his position as the school's headmaster. There was no build up to trusting him, and whatever they include in this episode is bound to be rushed and messy.
    You're asking a question that will probably be answered in Spider-Man Unmasked...

The extra lore about Knull is an abridged version for kids since some things in the Venom comics they don't need to see, like Knull stabbing Eddie in the nose with his tendrils or the...origin of Eddie's son Dylan. It's something Marvel has done for a while now, but usually on the Marvel Entertainment youtube channel and not the Marvel HQ one.