Page 62 of 184 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

I've seen every Spider-Man cartoon/Animated show since the original 60's series and I can honestly say this is my least favorite. Yeah some were more simplistic and Ultimate was a glorified toy commercial. But I liked the characters I just don't like these versions of the characters.

I don't dislike characters in this show, but I do agree so far that it is my least favorite animated series for the webhead.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Honestly, while I do have some issues with things like the animation and certain writing/characterization stuff, so far I'm really enjoying the show and think it's got a lot of potential.

I think it at least captures the feel of Spider-Man better then USM did most of the time, even with having to introduce multiple Spiders into things.

Question

I still like it better than the last cartoon, which isn't saying much.

I do wonder these days why every animated Spidey series has to evolve into a team based show? What's wrong with a solo series anyway?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

You can sell more merchandise with a team than with a solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    As someone who has followed Dragon Ball for many years, I can confirm this is true. I'm expecting the different characters to also put on different costumes. That way there's even more merchandise.

(There's base Goku. Super Saiyan Goku. Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Super Saiyan God Goku. Super Saiyan Blue Goku. And now Goku is getting another new form for even more merch! And this is without getting into all the other characters who have multiple transformations!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    This is pretty much it.

Marvel wants to promote the other Spiders and sell more merch so they have to try and turn Spider-Man into a team-up or team thing even though the focus is still, ostensibly, supposed to be on just Peter and he's never been much of a team-guy.

So that's why we have a year one Spider-Man teaming-up with a bunch of other Spider-People, or a Spider-Man who's only been active for, at best, two months already pairing up with another Spider-Person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    As someone who has followed Dragon Ball for many years, I can confirm this is true. I'm expecting the different characters to also put on different costumes. That way there's even more merchandise.
    It's so convenient for these kids that they can make good-looking and functional Superhero costumes so easily at their school .

Amazing Member

Not sure if it,s an offtopic and it,s kind of pointless to talk about a series who doesn,t have a legal way to be watched yet, but Spiderman is going to star at future avengers anime the next Friday. He seems to be an adult again.

I see that series pretty much as a way for them to learn about as much characters and the Marvel universe as they can. It,s very probable that if madhouse is going to work for marvel again in the future they will prefer to get back to more short proyects, because in their own point of view its more healthy for the balance with their own country works. So it,s safe to say that any cameo could mean a short series or a DTV of that character latter on. So the chances of a solo short Spiderman series it,s there as an option.

I could post the link at dailymotion with a raw with the last episode with Black Panther, and the preview with the next one with Spidey, but it could be against the rules. The native name is :マーベル フューチャー・アベンジャーズ.
    Last edited by mike2112; 09-24-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

(There's base Goku. Super Saiyan Goku. Super Saiyan 2 Goku. Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Super Saiyan God Goku. Super Saiyan Blue Goku. And now Goku is getting another new form for even more merch! And this is without getting into all the other characters who have multiple transformations!)
    Yeah, new suits and with four geniuses there's plenty of chances to have them build tech to make more toys.

I wouldn't be surprised if the stealth suit and bulletproof suit from Big Time show up at some point. They might throw in an aquatic suit like from USM in there too.

Though I'm also kind of surprised they haven't gone that overboard with Spidey's tech yet. I honestly keep forgetting his eyes are some hi-tech visors instead of just normal mask eyes .

Miles reaction to getting powers was the complete opposite of the comic version
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Miles' entire characterization on this show is pretty much the opposite of the comic version.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Comic Miles was so scared of his powers that he had to be prodded by Ganke to be a hero. Even comic Peter was more gung ho about being a hero than comic Miles was.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Comic Miles was so scared of his powers that he had to be prodded by Ganke to be a hero. Even comic Peter was more gung ho about being a hero than comic Miles was.
    Comic Miles would also never be as flippant about his secret identity as Miles was in this episode, until he learned why it was important.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Miles' entire characterization on this show is pretty much the opposite of the comic version.
    Tv Miles was overconfident while comic Miles was overcautious.