Page 108 of 184 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2750
    Astonishing Member

And me. Loved TSSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    You guys gotta let Spec. go. It's gone.
    Can you really blame anyone? Spec set the bar pretty darn high.

Spectacular was the absolute evidence that Parker Luck is real and affects real life too since it got cancelled

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Found this recent [URL="https://culturageek.com.ar/spider-man-la-serie-animada-en-la-temporada-2-vuelve-doctor-octopus-y-hay-cameo-de-stan-lee/"]

-She has no idea if there's gonna be a season 3 (bad news at this stage).
    **** . There are so many bad cartoons out there (most of them from France and Korea) getting seasons after seasons, yet Marvel's newest Spider-Man might end up getting cancelled, despite being pretty decent?! Why is this world so unjust?!

Quote Originally Posted by Winx Club Forever View Post
    **** . There are so many bad cartoons out there (most of them from France and Korea) getting seasons after seasons, yet Marvel's newest Spider-Man might end up getting cancelled, despite being pretty decent?! Why is this world so unjust?!
    I feel your pain friend. I asked myself the exact same thing when both Spectacular Spider-Man and the original run of Young Justice were canceled.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be kind of random to me, but I guess she was on the Young Allies when that was a short-lived thing...
    Why? She's young. And she's legacy-ish, which was what the original YA had. She makes more sense than Noh-Varr and Prodigy from the previous vol.

It's pretty clear that the writers just did not know what to do with the other spider-people in a Spider-Man show.
    Marvel animation is REALLY obsessed on throwing a team to Spider-Man, but never go all the full way to actually make a team-show.

If they want to make a full team series, then go ahead, I would be happy. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends exists and made it work. Don't do a half-baked team, but never go into actually writing about the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Anya needs a regular place in 2019, even if it's just a team book, otherwise she's done. Miles and Gwen have essentially supplanted her.
    Yep. I imagine that if they do another show and throw a team again, Silk would be considered before Anya. Honestly, I'm even surprised that she was even considered for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Why? She's young. And she's legacy-ish, which was what the original YA had. She makes more sense than Noh-Varr and Prodigy from the previous vol.
    I guess from that standpoint she makes sense, I just don't automatically associate her with that group because the original team is a pretty tight-knit group.
    Marvel animation is REALLY obsessed on throwing a team to Spider-Man, but never go all the full way to actually make a team-show.

If they want to make a full team series, then go ahead, I would be happy. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends exists and made it work. Don't do a half-baked team, but never go into actually writing about the team.
    Well, Ultimate was basically a team show, it just didn't really handle the team concept all that well until the last season (in my opinion), but even then I don't think the concept of a team really jives with Spider-Man all that well.

This show is more like something from the Arrowverse, where it starts with a solo hero and then slowly gives all the major supporting cast costumes and Superhero identities and then struggles to juggle the main hero with the supporting ones.

Amazing Friends was a team show, but it was two other people and Spider-Man, which is pretty small by team standards. Nowadays we'd probably have Peter, Gwen, and Miles running around like they are in a lot of other works and fanarts but I still think that'd be stretching it unless the writing was really able to make it work.
    Yep. I imagine that if they do another show and throw a team again, Silk would be considered before Anya. Honestly, I'm even surprised that she was even considered for this show.
    I think the fact that her Spider-Girl identity was prominent around the Big Time era, which the show was drawing from a lot for the first season, probably helped a lot.

Astonishing Member

The suit that Anya as Spider-Girl has in promo art of the series is actually a combination between Anya's suit as Spider-Girl and Cindy Moon's third costume as Silk. Nobody noticed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    The suit that Anya as Spider-Girl has in promo art of the series is actually a combination between Anya's suit as Spider-Girl and Cindy Moon's third costume as Silk. Nobody noticed that?
    I think it's been brought up a few times...

I think the fact that her Spider-Girl identity was prominent around the Big Time era, which the show was drawing from a lot for the first season, probably helped a lot.
    It's more due to Stephen Wacker. He likes her, and he was the main person behind her Spider-Girl rebranding and giving her a new ongoing around that time. Since he became involved in Marvel Animation, he wanted to brought her in Ultimate Spider-Man, and finally added her in MSM.

But since he's no longer involved in MA, her chances are nearly zero now.

Marvel animation really needs to up their animation.

They won't get new people with the bad animation they have. It looks so cheap
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Marvel animation really needs to up their animation.

They won't get new people with the bad animation they have. It looks so cheap
    That it does. It is embarrassingly bad. Almost every character literally has the same face!

A new spider-man show needs several stuffs:
    - great (not good) animation
    - great (not good) visuals
    - Peter being competent and being able to handle his villains on his own
    - Peter being already estalished as spider-man for some time
    - one story by episode but also a greater thread to unify the season, like young justice did

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    A new spider-man show needs several stuffs:
    - great (not good) animation
    - great (not good) visuals
    - Peter being competent and being able to handle his villains on his own
    - Peter being already estalished as spider-man for some time
    - one story by episode but also a greater thread to unify the season, like young justice did
    Thanks for a concise yet accurate checklist of Spidey series fundamentals. I truly hope the next creative team of an animated series knows how foundational these aspects are.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-31-2018 at 10:12 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That'll happen on the same day Spider-Marriage fans will let go of it .

Yes, I know Peter and MJ are currently together, but it's very unlikely they'll get married again lol.
    Hilarious in hindsight as didn’t all of that happen around the same year? Spectacular came out when the marriage dissolved... for some the cartoon was their Spider-Man fix as they couldn’t stand what was going on in comics at the time.

...does anyone find it interesting that in order to get Hobgoblin in a Spider-Man animated series he has to come FIRST. I’m still bitter about Spectacular’s cancellation happening RIGHT before they were going to start the Hobgoblin saga.

I think to make the next Spider-Man show stand out, we could have an adult established Peter... however, I don’t see that happening as being a teenager is the thing to be.