Page 106 of 184 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2750

Has Mary Jane made a real appearance on this show yet?

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    She hasn't even been mentioned. There probably hasn't even been a reference or easter egg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    Given the quality of this P.O.S, do you really want her associated with this?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    She hasn't even been mentioned. There probably hasn't even been a reference or easter egg.
    It's not a real appearance, but she has definitely been mentioned. She goes to Peter's old high school and she was the mascot at Flash's football game. They even got a "go get em' Tiger" joke in there.

Quote Originally Posted by KitchenSink View Post
    It's not a real appearance, but she has definitely been mentioned. She goes to Peter's old high school and she was the mascot at Flash's football game. They even got a "go get em' Tiger" joke in there.
    Really? Guess I completely missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Really? Guess I completely missed that.
    It was little more then a cameo, and they haven't gone anywhere with it since then, so it's not surprising that you did .

Found this recent interview to producer Marsha Griffin from a argentinian website.

Not much new, mostly about the creative process of the writing and how this season is long-running arc, but two interesting tidbits:
    -She has no idea if there's gonna be a season 3 (bad news at this stage).
    -Stan Lee will have another cameo this season.
    Last edited by Spider-Chan; 12-27-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Found this recent interview to producer Marsha Griffin from a argentine website.

Not much new, mostly about the creative process of the writing and how this season is long-running arc, but two interesting tidbits:
    -Stan Lee will have another cameo this season.
    I'm guessing the second Stan Lee cameo will be where they do the tribute to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Yeah, this show's finished, we've known that since production was said to have wrapped a while ago. The fact they're not knee-deep in developing a new season is very telling.

In truth, this show feels very out of place now...it's a remnant of an era the comics and even the other media have left behind in 2018, it's lucky it will have the Superior storyline backed by a fresh ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Yeah, this show's finished, we've known that since production was said to have wrapped a while ago. The fact they're not knee-deep in developing a new season is very telling.

In truth, this show feels very out of place now...it's a remnant of an era the comics and even the other media have left behind in 2018, it's lucky it will have the Superior storyline backed by a fresh ongoing.
    If I may ask, what do you mean by this "a remnant of an era the comics and even other media have left behind"? (I have a theory, but I would love to read your thoughts on this.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If I may ask, what do you mean by this "a remnant of an era the comics and even other media have left behind"? (I have a theory, but I would love to read your thoughts on this.)
    Just the Slott era and a few other elements in general. The big focus on Anya, Gwen being modelled after the Webb movies, the minimisation of MJ, Horizon etc

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Also it does feel like people are calling a good year to be a Spider-Man fan but nobody mentions this show.

Just the Slott era and a few other elements in general. The big focus on Anya, Gwen being modelled after the Webb movies, the minimisation of MJ, Horizon etc
    That's kind of what I thought. (Although I thought you'd put more emphasis on the minimization of MJ. .)

Also I think the PS4 game and Into The Spider-Verse completely blowing this show out of the water in terms of animated Spider-Man portrayals, both story-wise and visually, may have something else to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Also it does feel like people are calling a good year to be a Spider-Man fan but nobody mentions this show.
    I don't know if it's because of how long the hiatus has been or just the fact that this show just doesn't leave that strong an impression but it does feel like it's kind of fallen by the wayside compared to every other Spider-Man related media that came out this year.

I guess if they can close out the Superior adaption strong, that's probably what the show will be remembered for (well, that and Spider-Island and animated Anya).
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Also I think the PS4 game and Into The Spider-Verse completely blowing this show out of the water in terms of animated Spider-Man portrayals, both story-wise and visually, may have something else to do with it.
    Frankly I think the PS4 game ended up doing a much better job at some of the things this show emphasized, like integrating Miles, a new version of Doc Ock, a more science-based Peter/Spider-Man, etc.