Page 133 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2750
    Mighty Member

New video featuring the upcoming arc, "The Cellar".

Wasn't expecting to see the Marvel 80 Years logo in that trailer.

Where the hell are Miles, Gwen, and Anya? Not seen, not mentioned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

"The Cellar Saga?" It's only going to be two episodes .

I knew they couldn't do a Dan Slott Spider-Man show without Mr. Negative, although it doesn't seem like he'll be very significant beyond just being another villain. Cool to see Molten Man though.

I guess that's Regent at 0:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't expecting to see the Marvel 80 Years logo in that trailer.

Where the hell are Miles, Gwen, and Anya? Not seen, not mentioned.
    Should it really be surprising by this point that the show forgets it's other spider-characters?

It's not like Gwen or Anya were relevant at all during Superior.

Good call on Regent. Kidnapping the Avengers does fit his M.O.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Does anyone else feel as though at this point they’re outright avoiding development with villains?

Incredible Member

Okay, "Sandgirl" is going to have a third episode, what happened to Sandman?

Are we supposed to believe, at the end of his still one episode, he's crushed or even dead, with no showings of Spider-Man attempted to recover him?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Okay, "Sandgirl" is going to have a third episode, what happened to Sandman?

Are we supposed to believe, at the end of his still one episode, he's crushed or even dead, with no showings of Spider-Man attempted to recover him?
    Probably. Disney is funny when it comes to death.

He’ll probably return right when they plan on doing a redemption episode for Sandgirl.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Does anyone else feel as though at this point they’re outright avoiding development with villains?
    Only a handful were developed, given some story - Vulture, Sandman, Doctor Octopus, Jackal, Norman Osborn, Spencer Smythe, Alistaire Smythe, Venom, Hammerhead, Rhino.

The rest - many episodes, goes about having cold-opening villains, before the main course, such as often the case of Scorpion, and many of the B-D listers of "Bring On The Bad Guys". Alright, Scorpion was given one episode as joint main bad guy, with Tinkerer, but was he ever more than just going nuts on the streets of New York?
    Last edited by ngroove; 10-20-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Mighty Member

I didn't like how they handled Mr. Negative at all. Twice now in animation where he's just some mook.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    He’ll probably return right when they plan on doing a redemption episode for Sandgirl.
    Lol, I think she's way past the point of no return.

Astonishing Member

I didn't like how they handled Mr. Negative at all. Twice now in animation where he's just some mook.
    To be fair, none of the villains on the show should be treated as mooks. I’m still mad about Scorpion and Tinkerer.

I'm kind of surprised they're doing a big storyline with Regent while reducing Mr. Negative to a villain Spidey defeats in five-minutes. Like, they don't even address Martin Li or FEAST at all. Why not give Aunt May her own storyline?

Why did Miles not tell Peter that he was expelled from Horizon? Or have the decency to let Kamala know about the bodyswap? Why was he acting mad at Peter being there like all the other students were? Heck, why were all the students even mad at Peter? SpOck wasn't that bad around them...unless they took his leaving as a dig at their school pride. But I don't think that's enough to make Gwen and Anya not want to talk to Peter.

"How am I so nervous around her?" Wow, they pile on enough PeterxKamala teases to where I might start thinking there's actually something there.

Augustus is so obviously Regent that I'm surprised they're even bothering to make it a mystery.

I love how Peter assumes he's fighting a large group of Supervillains and doesn't even consider bringing in Miles. Was that payback for not telling Peter he didn't go to Horizon anymore or does Peter forget his Spider-Pals as much as the writers do ?

Remember when Spidey could beat major villains in his classic suit without needing a bunch of random tech? Those were days.

I haven’t kept up with this show so I’m out of the loop, but the idea of shipping Peter with Kamala makes my stomach churn (Just put MJ in the show). Given how many people ship them you’d think they would go for MilesxKamala.

Miles has only just met Kamala, Peter's known her longer. People do tend to ship Miles and Kamala in the comics, but yeah, that definitely isn't happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why did Miles not tell Peter that he was expelled from Horizon? Or have the decency to let Kamala know about the bodyswap? Why was he acting mad at Peter being there like all the other students were? Heck, why were all the students even mad at Peter? SpOck wasn't that bad around them...unless they took his leaving as a dig at their school pride. But I don't think that's enough to make Gwen and Anya not want to talk to Peter.

"How am I so nervous around her?" Wow, they pile on enough PeterxKamala teases to where I might start thinking there's actually something there.

Augustus is so obviously Regent that I'm surprised they're even bothering to make it a mystery.
    Peter wasn't expelled, Otto quit. Max was demanding payment for course fees and Otto didn't care.

Yeah, Augustus was Regent's real name in the comics too, so comics fans already know who he is.

Bear in mind, the Avengers cartoon is cancelled now, so this version of Kamala has become exclusive to Spider-Man and is now able to be used as actual supporting cast. That includes the potential for her to become his love interest, in the absence of MJ and with Gwen clearly platonic.

Would Kamala believe him about the body swap? Would Steve? They already tested him and thought he was the real Peter, when he was actually Otto.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-21-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they're doing a big storyline with Regent while reducing Mr. Negative to a villain Spidey defeats in five-minutes. Like, they don't even address Martin Li or FEAST at all. Why not give Aunt May her own storyline?
    I'm surprised they had at least TWO chances to give Miles his own subplot (his dad and Prowler) and either didn't do anything with them or actually went in a different direction. It's like the show has no idea if it's based on Peter alone or a team-based series.

It's the closest we'll get to romance in this show, but I'll take it.

Mighty Member

I'm surprised they had at least TWO chances to give Miles his own subplot (his dad and Prowler) and either didn't do anything with them or actually went in a different direction. It's like the show has no idea if it's based on Peter alone or a team-based series.

It's the closest we'll get to romance in this show, but I'll take it.
    looks like horizon and the other three spider heroes are being phased out.