Page 156 of 184 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Why is poor Alexie treated to more of that hardship? Is he supposed to be the B:TAS version of Man-Bat for this animated series?
    Maybe it's the goofy Russian accent from Matt Mercer .

Mighty Member

I wonder if we'll see familiar faces in this, like Hippo and Panda-Mania. Maybe Puma from the Wild Pack?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I wonder if we'll see familiar faces in this, like Hippo and Panda-Mania. Maybe Puma from the Wild Pack?
    Vermin? Stegron? The Gibbon ?

Kind of as an aside, I think the only semi-major Spider-Man villain the show hasn't done yet is Tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Vermin? Stegron? The Gibbon ?

Kind of as an aside, I think the only semi-major Spider-Man villain the show hasn't done yet is Tombstone.
    Maybe they know they can't top Spectacular on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Well, it hasn't stopped them before...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    They don't seem to want to showcase organized crime. Likely because a faithful showing would be inappropriate for Kid's TV. That's why we've only gotten glimpses up to this point.

Mighty Member

They've had organized crime before with Hammerhead, Sandgirl, and Silvermane. They completely wasted Mr. Negative and too bad we'll never get to see Big Wheel as a crime boss, apparently.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    They've had organized crime before with Hammerhead, Sandgirl, and Silvermane. They completely wasted Mr. Negative and too bad we'll never get to see Big Wheel as a crime boss, apparently.
    Yeah, with them using Hammerhead it doesn't seem they have that much of a problem with organized crime. Perhaps his powerset isn't interesting enough for this show?

The weird thing is Spider-Man actually mentioned Hammerhead's metal plate in the Screwball episode, but I guess this version of the character isn't a physical fighter.

Astonishing Member

It's so annoying that the seasons set up some big all encompassing story arc only for both of them to fizzle. They might as well have just made the series episodic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    The weird thing is Spider-Man actually mentioned Hammerhead's metal plate in the Screwball episode, but I guess this version of the character isn't a physical fighter.
    And Spidey was able to wound him with a chair to the head if I recall correctly...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And Spidey was able to wound him with a chair to the head if I recall correctly...
    Sigh.....Harmmerheads aren't as they used to, how low the Thug Association of Crime has fallen
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's so annoying that the seasons set up some big all-encompassing story arc only for both of them to fizzle. They might as well have just made the series episodic.
    The problem is that the events they adapted should have been done in reverse.

The first three episodes are obviously based on Planet of the Symbiotes and Venomized and these last three episodes appear to be based on Seperation Anxiety. We still don't know what the writers have planned for the endgame with Scream, Scorn, and Mania, but they really chose the wrong portion of the season to garner hype.

What I noticed about the merchandise is they left Anya and Iron Heart out of it. Cho technically has merchandise since it's his venomized form being used with Bruce Banner's Hulk.

Hammerhead's kid is strong enough to hurt Spider-Man for some odd unexplained reason.

I'm currently playing the Insomniac game, and I think the actors in common with both adaptions feel more invested in their Sony counterparts than they are in the Disney show where they feel phoned in, Nancy Linari as aunt May is the most notable example. Melanie Minichino and Laura Baily are the exceptions to that cause Laura gave a good performance in this cartoon, but Anya's voice actress sound bland in both mediums.
    Last edited by Speed Force League Unlimited; 07-31-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Hammerhead's kid is strong enough to hurt Spider-Man for some odd unexplained reason.

I'm currently playing the Insomniac game, and I think the actors in common with both adaptions feel more invested in their Sony counterparts than they are in the Disney show where they feel phoned in, Nancy Linari as aunt May is the most notable example. Melanie Minichino and Laura Baily are the exceptions to that cause Laura gave a good performance in this cartoon, but Anya's voice actress sound bland in both mediums.
    Well Nancy Linari got a lot more to do as Aunt May in that game compared to the show (aside from the last special).

I'd even say the games having a firmer idea of integrating Miles helped Najdi Jeter's performance.