Page 169 of 184 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2750

I definitely think more time could've been spent developing Peter's relationships and the other Spiders' character arcs instead of spending time on a bunch of villains who would never show up again (aside from Electro), although I did appreciate seeing Peter win a slew of fights without help and managing to continue being effective even in-spite of a lack of sleep or break.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I definitely think more time could've been spent developing Peter's relationships and the other Spiders' character arcs instead of spending time on a bunch of villains who would never show up again (aside from Electro), although I did appreciate seeing Peter win a slew of fights without help and managing to continue being effective even in-spite of a lack of sleep or break.
    What made that whole sequence stupid was the fact that Miles should’ve been helping him by that point. The writers always ignore Miles facilitate a story!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    What made that whole sequence stupid was the fact that Miles should’ve been helping him by that point. The writers always ignore Miles facilitate a story!
    Miles had homework, bro. Great homework > Great responsibility
    "Cable was right!"

I think the worst part was when he told Peter about Chameleon impersonating him, and actually saw Chameleon, but still didn't do anything other than tell Peter about it.

In the original storyboard for "Generations" Miles, Anya, and Gwen were suppose to show up at that diner with Peter and Harry. According to Kelly Kao they probably cut out because the episode was already too long.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1313225761818513408

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    In the original storyboard for "Generations" Miles, Anya, and Gwen were suppose to show up at that diner with Peter and Harry. According to Kelly Kao they probably cut out because the episode was already too long.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1313225761818513408
    This just made me realize we've barely seen Harry interact with Peter's Horizon Friends, even though he apparently knew Miles and Anya (and maybe Gwen) before Peter did. He's interacted with Gwen a bit.

I don't know if we'll ever get to see any of them interact with MJ...

Astonishing Member

This just made me realize we've barely seen Harry interact with Peter's Horizon Friends, even though he apparently knew Miles and Anya (and maybe Gwen) before Peter did. He's interacted with Gwen a bit.

I don't know if we'll ever get to see any of them interact with MJ...
    It looks like to me they are making the same mistake from "Ultimate Spider-Man", gathering everything on the last episodes, in a hurry and very forced.

Interview with Robbie Daymond.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It looks like to me they are making the same mistake from "Ultimate Spider-Man", gathering everything on the last episodes, in a hurry and very forced.
    Well, hopefully they can fix one of the issues with the USM finale and not have the final battle come down to a giant monster fight.

Astonishing Member

Well, hopefully they can fix one of the issues with the USM finale and not have the final battle come down to a giant monster fight.
    What's wrong with giant monster fights?

Was the final boss fight Kaiju Carnage? because i never expected a cartoon to take inspiration on the crapfest that is Planet of.Symbiotes.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Was the final boss fight Kaiju Carnage? because i never expected a cartoon to take inspiration on the crapfest that is Planet of.Symbiotes.
    Actually, it was a giant mutated Doc Ock.

Actually, it was a giant mutated Doc Ock.
    .....Ok i didn't saw that one coming.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Pal, the giant monster's fight was not a mistake. Come on! In Marvel, there's a plave called Monster Island full of giant monsters, so it's impossible for any superhero not having a fight against a giant monster at least once for a month.

The error I was talking about was, for example, making Mary Jane having an important role in the series (becoming the Carnage Queen and then Spider-Woman) in the last episodes, giving her no much time to properly shine. I personally liked the idea because MJ's suit as Spider-Woman was actually based on her own daughter's style, MC2's Spider-Woman. There was also problems like the Ultimate Goblin still on the loose in Spider-Man's reality, and since we had a Norman Osborn genuinely reformed (which is the very first time I see a Norman Osborn like this), we could have interesting stuff like Norman Osborn vs the Green Goblin.

So, now for this series' end, we are having the Symbiote Sisters for just the last episode, and if they do it great, it will leave us with great wishes for more. The same can happen if MJ is involved in the finale somehow.

Astonishing Member

I’d rather them not focus on MJ and just use the characters that they already have yet chose to neglect.

What's wrong with giant monster fights?
    Nothing in and of themselves, I just don't think they make very good Spider-Man fights, at least as depicted in the cartoons.

Like, the final fight with the Sinister Six lost all tension for me when Doc Ock turned into a giant monster instead of just fighting Spider-Man one-on-one normally. I felt the same thing with Toomes in that giant robot last season, especially since it made that Goblin suit he had on before seem utterly pointless since he barely did anything with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Pal, the giant monster's fight was not a mistake. Come on! In Marvel, there's a plave called Monster Island full of giant monsters, so it's impossible for any superhero not having a fight against a giant monster at least once for a month.
    In the context of how they were used I felt they weren't the best creative decisions. I'm not sure how Monster Island enters into the equation since it's not really relevant to Spider-Man.
    The error I was talking about was, for example, making Mary Jane having an important role in the series (becoming the Carnage Queen and then Spider-Woman) in the last episodes, giving her no much time to properly shine. I personally liked the idea because MJ's suit as Spider-Woman was actually based on her own daughter's style, MC2's Spider-Woman. There was also problems like the Ultimate Goblin still on the loose in Spider-Man's reality, and since we had a Norman Osborn genuinely reformed (which is the very first time I see a Norman Osborn like this), we could have interesting stuff like Norman Osborn vs the Green Goblin.
    There were a lot of mistakes USM made with Mary Jane. I never quite completely bought into reformed Norman though.
    I’d rather them not focus on MJ and just use the characters that they already have yet chose to neglect.
    Well, the genie is kind of out of the bottle after they had finally introduced her. I don't think they're going to give any character development to the other characters at this point, so they may as well resolve Peter and MJ's relationship in some satisfactory form. Of course, that's just the optimist in me hoping we get some resolution on that.

I really feel like they should've just introduced MJ in season 2 while Peter was still at Midtown, although a part of me thinks they'd still barely have time to focus on her then.