Page 170 of 184 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2750
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Miles had homework, bro. Great homework > Great responsibility
    I'm not gonna lie: I really sympathize with this statement right now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In the context of how they were used I felt they weren't the best creative decisions. I'm not sure how Monster Island enters into the equation since it's not really relevant to Spider-Man.

There were a lot of mistakes USM made with Mary Jane. I never quite completely bought into reformed Norman though.
    1º) Spider-Man is the character who meets everyone in his "neighborhood", so even if it's not really his thing, he has been dealing with giant monsters, robots and other stuff more time than he can count. After all, where do you think it comes all those puns about Spidey being "squash like a bug" by someone or something way bigger than him?

2º) I don't deny they made mistakes with MJ in "Ultimate Spider-Man", but I definitely loved her as Spider-Woman here. (Except for the Carnage's thing).

I get your point about Norman Osborn reformed being quite "disorienting", but considering how sick I am of endless struggles between superhero and supervillain during the years (similar to Batman and the Joker), I find quite refreshing the fact there's a world where that insanity was finally put to an end. Of course, the universe always finds a way to balance itself, so they brough the Ultimate Goblin from Miles' world (which was definitely the worst possible version of the Goblin you could imagine) to the main reality to keep the Goblin/Spider war "alive".

I'm just realizing that this shows version of Norman never viewed Peter as a more worthy successor than Harry. The reason is because of Harry also being a genius and Peter being the student of Norman's rival, but I think the closes Norman ever came to acknowledge Peter's intellect is when he offered him a spot at Osborn Academy without the need of an interview. Even then that might have been just because of him being Harry's best friend.

It would be funny with how everyone is talking about how Mary Jane might not appear in the last episode and may never meet Peter's friends and then Kevin Burk and Chris Wyatt actually have Mary Jane meet them in the last episode.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    and then Kevin Burk and Chris Wyatt actually have Mary Jane meet them in the last episode.
    Yeah, about that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, about that.

Happy to see Peter and MJ on a date, but what called my attention the most was at 0:27. That symbiote monster that is after Spidey in that scene... It's eyes... THAT'S the "fiery beast of ultimate destruction" from Venom's secret story!!! DAMN IT!!! I should have known they wouldn't use Carnage for a kid show. Stupid censorship!

The Sisters clearly have hosts, probably the aliens from that world. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if, after seeing the power of the Spider-Heroes, they decide to use them instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    1º) Spider-Man is the character who meets everyone in his "neighborhood", so even if it's not really his thing, he has been dealing with giant monsters, robots and other stuff more time than he can count. After all, where do you think it comes all those puns about Spidey being "squash like a bug" by someone or something way bigger than him?
    Spider-Man can take on a variety of threats, but giant monsters are still fairly out of the norm.
    2º) I don't deny they made mistakes with MJ in "Ultimate Spider-Man", but I definitely loved her as Spider-Woman here. (Except for the Carnage's thing).
    I was fine with it there but on a general basis I don't need to see MJ in a costume.
    I get your point about Norman Osborn reformed being quite "disorienting", but considering how sick I am of endless struggles between superhero and supervillain during the years (similar to Batman and the Joker), I find quite refreshing the fact there's a world where that insanity was finally put to an end. Of course, the universe always finds a way to balance itself, so they brough the Ultimate Goblin from Miles' world (which was definitely the worst possible version of the Goblin you could imagine) to the main reality to keep the Goblin/Spider war "alive".
    I love how Norman's last line in USM was him swearing revenge like a Supervillain.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Yeah, about that.

spoilers:
    Last-minute as it may be, Peter and MJ at a dance together and MJ in that dress is all I needed .

I wonder who Venom's new host is.

What's Silver Banshee doing in a Marvel cartoon?

And...they're ending it with a kaiju fight .
    end of spoilers

Could this be yet another mediocre episode and a series finale mediocrity like USM experienced? I bet.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Could this be yet another mediocre episode and a series finale mediocrity like USM experienced? I bet.
    That dress ain't mediocre .

Happy to see Peter and MJ on a date, but what called my attention the most was at 0:27. That symbiote monster that is after Spidey in that scene... It's eyes... THAT'S the "fiery beast of ultimate destruction" from Venom's secret story!!! DAMN IT!!! I should have known they wouldn't use Carnage for a kid show. Stupid censorship!

The Sisters clearly have hosts, probably the aliens from that world. Yet, I wouldn't be surprised if, after seeing the power of the Spider-Heroes, they decide to use them instead.
    I don't think it has anything to do with censorship since Carnage appeared in Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. The writers are just using more recent ideas. Some that fiery beast is either the Grendel symbiote or a symbiote based on it.

Astonishing Member

Spider-Man can take on a variety of threats, but giant monsters are still fairly out of the norm.

I was fine with it there but on a general basis I don't need to see MJ in a costume.

I love how Norman's last line in USM was him swearing revenge like a Supervillain.

spoilers:
    Last-minute as it may be, Peter and MJ at a dance together and MJ in that dress is all I needed .

I wonder who Venom's new host is.

What's Silver Banshee doing in a Marvel cartoon?

And...they're ending it with a kaiju fight .
    end of spoilers
    This sound like a horrible ending. MJ isn't even needed for a Spider-Man narrative. This just scream wet-dream.

Carnage appeared in the 90s animated cartoon, when Spider-Man wasn't allowed to throw a punch, i'm pretty sure that they could use him here if they wanted to.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    This sound like a horrible ending. MJ isn't even needed for a Spider-Man narrative. This just scream wet-dream.
    This just tells me that instead of having Ironheart, Moon Knight, Amadeus Cho, or a lot of stuff in the first half, they should've spent more time focusing on building up Peter and MJ's relationship and integrating MJ into the cast rather than just throwing in one of the last major Spider-Man characters in at the last-minute.

But that probably would've required less in-costume time.

Astonishing Member

This just tells me that instead of having Ironheart, Moon Knight, Amadeus Cho, or a lot of stuff in the first half, they should've spent more time focusing on building up Peter and MJ's relationship and integrating MJ into the cast rather than just throwing in one of the last major Spider-Man characters in at the last-minute.

While I'm all for excluding the Champions, there's really no point to including MJ.

She is having a date with him at the end of the episode based on what i heard, at worst is a bit of fanservice at best is probably incosecuential.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

What was weird about the Amadeus/Riri episode is that Kamala didn't also show up, having been a recurring character last season. She didn't even appear among the Venomised Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman