Page 166 of 184 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 2750

That last stunt they pulled at the last comic-con doesn't have me expecting anything, but it's possible they could air a trailer for the last episode of Maximum Venom since it'll a battle between Peter and Norman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    That last stunt they pulled at the last comic-con doesn't have me expecting anything, but it's possible they could air a trailer for the last episode of Maximum Venom since it'll a battle between Peter and Norman.
    I really hope they can do it justice and we don't get another Toomes/Goblin King situation to close out this series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really hope they can do it justice and we don't get another Toomes/Goblin King situation to close out this series.
    Actually, I have a theory. Maybe Norman actually manipulated Toomes to take the role of the Goblin King just to take Spider-Man's attention away from him, so he can focus on his plan involving the symbiotes. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time we see a scheme like this from Norman Osborn. He did several ones of these in the comics; and in "Spectacular Spider-Man", he used the Chameleon to impersonate him as Norman Osborn while he acted freely as the Green Goblin.

Mighty Member

The episode "Generations" actually has a SECOND synopsis:

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn, aka the Dark Goblin, lets the Venom Symbiote escape and brings a team to fight Spider-Man
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    The episode "Generations" actually has a SECOND synopsis:

spoilers:
    Norman Osborn, aka the Dark Goblin, lets the Venom Symbiote escape and brings a team to fight Spider-Man
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Sounds like we're getting Venom Goblin instead of Red Goblin...so Venom is finally relevant to the season named after him again .

I wonder who ends up on this "team."
    end of spoilers

So i watched Origins and i had to say, it wasn't as awfull as i expected. There are actually some cool ideas there, like Peter using the scientific method to understand his powers and i was surprised in how direct they were about Ben's death, they didn't step around the issue. I also love how Peter discover his powers, creative and pretty funny overall. So it's clear that storywise this show seems to be better than Ultimate. Plus a great Stan Lee cameo.

For the negative side they mess up the order of the origin by having Peter letting the buglar go before the figth with Bonesaw (i would had prefered Crusher Hogan), the point is that he let the fame and selfgratification go to his head people, the mistake is more impactfull that way, is also weird that a fortune teller was the reason for Peter wanting to use his powers for fame, we also have zero interactions with Ben and May before the big moment, so Origins 6 loose a bit of impact (cool opening monologue thougt) The animation and voice acting is a bit bland too, but is not too awfull.

Overall, better than i expected, but nothing outstanding.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    For the negative side they mess up the order of the origin by having Peter letting the buglar go before the figth with Bonesaw (i would had prefered Crusher Hogan), the point is that he let the fame and selfgratification go to his head people, the mistake is more impactfull that way, is also weird that a fortune teller was the reason for Peter wanting to use his powers for fame, we also have zero interactions with Ben and May before the big moment, so Origins 6 loose a bit of impact (cool opening monologue thougt) The animation and voice acting is a bit bland too, but is not too awfull.
    Yeah, I noticed that stuff to. It makes him letting the burglar go seem like more of a casual thing rather than something he did at the height of his arrogance/overconfidence.

I also think it would've benefited from showing Uncle Ben at least once prior to the last short.

Yeah, I noticed that stuff to. It makes him letting the burglar go seem like more of a casual thing rather than something he did at the height of his arrogance/overconfidence.

I also think it would've benefited from showing Uncle Ben at least once prior to the last short.
    They sort of try to save it by him saying that he needs to entertain his adoring fans, but it doesn't have the same impact than Peter selfishness comint back to haunt him and as you say it come across as more that he didn't think much about it.

It definetly would have, the origin kind of loose the punch when we don't see what kind man Ben was.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-11-2020 at 04:16 PM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    It definetlt would have, the origin kind of loose the punch when we don't see what kind man Ben was.
    I will say if you watch the full series they pepper in some touching Uncle Ben flashbacks here and there that do a good job of showing the impact Ben had on Peter.

Mighty Member

Preview for the next episode, "Generations". Linking instead of embedding since even the thumbnail has a big spoiler in it.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Preview for the next episode, "Generations". Linking instead of embedding since even the thumbnail has a big spoiler in it.
    spoilers:
    Will a Venom Goblin monster be better than the Goblin King? Time will tell...
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Will a Venom Goblin monster be better than the Goblin King? Time will tell...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Of course this time it will be different! This time is Norman for sure. An besides, didn't you see his face in the trailer when Venom was covering him? He's now officially like his comic counterpart, a completely insane maniac.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    spoilers:
    Of course this time it will be different! This time is Norman for sure. An besides, didn't you see his face in the trailer when Venom was covering him? He's now officially like his comic counterpart, a completely insane maniac.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, but it's all in the execution.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Oh wow, it's Norman Osborn who ends up being the final villain. I couldn't have guessed from the 'Unmasked' episode.
    end of spoilers
    Sarcastic face

spoilers:
    Do you think Connors told his boss? About Peter being the kid under that mask, that is.
    end of spoilers
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    spoilers:
    Oh wow, it's Norman Osborn who ends up being the final villain. I couldn't have guessed from the 'Unmasked' episode.
    end of spoilers
    Sarcastic face

spoilers:
    Do you think Connors told his boss? About Peter being the kid under that mask, that is.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I assumed Osborn was the one who told Connors.
    end of spoilers