Page 175 of 184 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2750

spoilers:
    This show is so dumb and inconsistent in how it handled Spider-Man, he is either the most competent person in the group or the most blundering one, no proper balance. This episode opened with making the Avengers a bunch of buffoons so he could shine, blargh.

This reminds me of the first issue of Big Time era, at least then Spider-Man was able to be the one to deactivate Ock bombs cause he's the one most familiar with his style, and that was tame compared to how Ends of the Earth downplayed the Avengers that aren't Spider-Man against the Sinister Six.
    end of spoilers

I think I might binge watch this show now that it ended, just so I can pinpoint all of its flaws and crap in it. I'll up the thing by tormenting myself watching the entirety of the Marvel Animated Block just to see all the crap that happened. The good thing though is that I will start with Earth's Mightiest Heroes since these shows claim to loosely follow the footsteps of that wonderful show that is not connected to the rest of the unrelated crap. And I'm going to say that Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is at least a fun show.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I think I might binge watch this show now that it ended, just so I can pinpoint all of its flaws and crap in it. I'll up the thing by tormenting myself watching the entirety of the Marvel Animated Block just to see all the crap that happened. The good thing though is that I will start with Earth's Mightiest Heroes since these shows claim to loosely follow the footsteps of that wonderful show that is not connected to the rest of the unrelated crap. And I'm going to say that Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is at least a fun show.
    The only positive memories I have of Agents of SMASH are the actual FF showing up, Brent Spiner as the Silver Surfer, the episode with Betty, James Arnold Taylor as The Leader, and Clancy Brown as Rulk...everything else is mired by clunky and stiff animation, spotty characterization, and plots too goofy for the quality of the show to backup.

It was probably my least favorite of the Loeb-era Marvel cartoons.

That W.E.B. thing set up at the end? Turns out the show's continuity isn't over. To be continued in comic form it seems. You know that W.E.B. of Spider-Man comic that was solicited? Exact same set up. And written by the show's story editor Kevin Shinick.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR200946
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That W.E.B. thing set up at the end? Turns out the show's continuity isn't over. To be continued in comic form it seems. You know that W.E.B. of Spider-Man comic that was solicited? Exact same set up. And written by the show's story editor Kevin Shinick.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR200946
    I thought about that too, but Shinick hasn't been involved with the show since season 1 so I'm not sure if this is going to be an outright continuation.

The comic is actually a tie-in to the Disneyland ride.

Part of the story of the ride also involves W.E.B.. It was originally going to be released in June, with the Avengers Campus land set to open in July, but the indefinite closure of Disneyland put everything on hold.

The ride will feature characters who haven't appeared in the MCU, so far the only confirmed members of WEB being Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl. Myabe the ride might reference the cartoon -and give it second life- and feature Anya, Miles, and Gwen, but we won't know until the comic is released.

Mighty Member

Yeah with the holographic building in the cartoon looking much like the building in the background methinks that they decided to do the synergy thing.

I wonder if they might've been planning to do another season named after the ride, like Guardians did with Mission Breakout.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they might've been planning to do another season named after the ride, like Guardians did with Mission Breakout.
    If there is a fourth season, I'd bank on it being Spider-Verse theme since it's more or less the most defining story of Slott's run along with Superior. I know the third season of the Ultimate series basically did it already as well, but when you think about it, it's the last big story arc this series hasn't adapted yet from Slott's run.

This time with it actually including the Inheritors and maybe introducing Silk/Cindy Moon is the primary alternate universe Spider-Character.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If there is a fourth season, I'd bank on it being Spider-Verse theme since it's more or less the most defining story of Slott's run along with Superior. I know the third season of the Ultimate series basically did it already as well, but when you think about it, it's the last big story arc this series hasn't adapted yet from Slott's run.

This time with it actually including the Inheritors and maybe introducing Silk/Cindy Moon is the primary alternate universe Spider-Character.
    I wouldn’t rule out Spider-Verse because of the movie but I think this show is basically done adapting Slott’s stuff.

I don't think it might be based on Spider-Verse. The entire concept of the Spider-Verse is so tied to Sony's handling of their franchise that I think Disney would prefer to keep things closer to their MCU version. So more science related stuff and less multiverse.

In hindsight I wonder if them introducing Ironheart and Amadeus Cho this season was to seed other characters for the W.E.B. thing if they got to continue that, because otherwise there didn't seem to be much point to including them.

Although having an episode dedicated to Moon Knight was still pretty random .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The only positive memories I have of Agents of SMASH are the actual FF showing up, Brent Spiner as the Silver Surfer, the episode with Betty, James Arnold Taylor as The Leader, and Clancy Brown as Rulk...everything else is mired by clunky and stiff animation, spotty characterization, and plots too goofy for the quality of the show to backup.

It was probably my least favorite of the Loeb-era Marvel cartoons.
    All of these shows had inconsistent characterization of their team members with each other, and did not match their comic counterparts a lot of times, also they had inconsistency in storytelling and that chaos. Agents of SMASH is the least insufferable one to me.
    And I am yet to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, mostly because I'd rather avoid their film counterparts out of MCU and anything aping them.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

All of these shows had inconsistent characterization of their team members with each other, and did not match their comic counterparts a lot of times, also they had inconsistency in storytelling and that chaos. Agents of SMASH is the least insufferable one to me.
    And I am yet to watch Guardians of the Galaxy, mostly because I'd rather avoid their film counterparts out of MCU and anything aping them.
    Guardians is actually pretty solid, all things considered.

Characterization changes from between media most of the time, a lot of times for good reasons, or because the story calls for it. Not saying that any of the shows didn't have bad characterization at times, but sometimes it needs to happen in order to use certain characters outside of the comics.

So with Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige handling the future of Marvel Animation, is there anything you guys would like to see or hope to see (storylines, writers, certain animation studios, etc...)? I kind of want to see how Chris Yost would handle a Spider-Man cartoon after finding out almost wrote for Spectacular Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    So with Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige handling the future of Marvel Animation, is there anything you guys would like to see or hope to see (storylines, writers, certain animation studios, etc...)? I kind of want to see how Chris Yost would handle a Spider-Man cartoon after finding out almost wrote for Spectacular Spider-Man.
    I just want them to give continuity to Anya :/

I get the feeling this the last we will see of Anya outside of comics for a while. Hopefully making her closer to the comics too.