Page 177 of 184 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I always wondered if that was Kevin Shinick's original plan for Norman's last gift to Harry before he left the show.
    I kind of doubt it, especially with how random and contrived it ended up being. Like, why did Adrian Toomes design a giant robot?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I think a pitched this a couple of years ago, but one cartoon I would like to see is kind of a fusion of Ultimate/MC2-esque series with Miles Morales as the lead.
    • After a final battle with the Green Goblin, Spider-Man is presumably dead.
    • Peter Parker actually retired to raise his two daughters with MJ (Mayday and Annie). He now has a prosthetic leg.
    • Roxxon attempts to reverse engineer the Spider, which gets stolen by Aaron Davis.
    • Miles gets bitten the Spider and encouraged by Ganke to take up the mantle.
    I think this is a good premise for a Miles-led cartoon. You kind of have to take Peter out but there's still room for some (emphasis on some) mentorship.

It also offers a chance at a fresh Spider-Man cartoon that potentially doesn't need to retread stuff from the past shows, or retread them not so successfully. They could probably build on the imprint of Bendis and Ahmed into something much more concrete for Miles.

My only concern is if they'd turn it into another show with a bunch of Spider-Sidekicks or guest heroes crowding around in Miles' show.

I think a pitched this a couple of years ago, but one cartoon I would like to see is kind of a fusion of Ultimate/MC2-esque series with Miles Morales as the lead.
    • After a final battle with the Green Goblin, Spider-Man is presumably dead.
    • Peter Parker actually retired to raise his two daughters with MJ (Mayday and Annie). He now has a prosthetic leg.
    • Roxxon attempts to reverse engineer the Spider, which gets stolen by Aaron Davis.
    • Miles gets bitten the Spider and encouraged by Ganke to take up the mantle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of doubt it, especially with how random and contrived it ended up being. Like, why did Adrian Toomes design a giant robot?

I think this is a good premise for a Miles-led cartoon. You kind of have to take Peter out but there's still room for some (emphasis on some) mentorship.

It also offers a chance at a fresh Spider-Man cartoon that potentially doesn't need to retread stuff from the past shows, or retread them not so successfully. They could probably build on the imprint of Bendis and Ahmed into something much more concrete for Miles.

My only concern is if they'd turn it into another show with a bunch of Spider-Sidekicks or guest heroes crowding around in Miles' show.
    I get the feeling this exact subject was talked about before, with Frontier making a similar reply lol.

But yeah, this is an interesting idea, wonder what would be Miles' motivation to become a super hero though, just Ganke saying "go for it" is too much like silver age.

If something like that is ever done, hopefully they don't try to rip off Batman Beyond too much, specifically making Peter be too much like Bruce, don't think he should be the guy in the chair, outside of basic advice, Miles should do **** on his own more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I get the feeling this exact subject was talked about before, with Frontier making a similar reply lol.

But yeah, this is an interesting idea, wonder what would be Miles' motivation to become a super hero though, just Ganke saying "go for it" is too much like silver age.

If something like that is ever done, hopefully they don't try to rip off Batman Beyond too much, specifically making Peter be too much like Bruce, don't think he should be the guy in the chair, outside of basic advice, Miles should do **** on his own more often than not.
    I am so over the guy in the chair trope.

I am so over the guy in the chair trope.
    Hey, it sounds like you're dissing my avatar, stop that .

But yeah, Peter would be better off as a secondary character, not showing up much, but also being more than just the guy Miles asks for help when he's struggling to punch a villain in the face, could be hard to write something like that, admittedly.

Hey, it sounds like you're dissing my avatar, stop that .

But yeah, Peter would be better off as a secondary character, not showing up much, but also being more than just the guy Miles asks for help when he's struggling to punch a villain in the face, could be hard to write something like that, admittedly.
    Now I just imagine Hobby telling another Hobby to do all the stuff Hobby wants people to think he does .

Now I just imagine Hobby telling another Hobby to do all the stuff Hobby wants people to think he does .
    That's essentially what he did with Lefty Dan anyways, Ned too, somewhat, so it's not that far fetched lol.

Hell, the story I got this avatar from (Spectacular#130) has him kinda doing that on Spidey, Hobgoblin got injured, he wanted to steal some information from Kingpin, so he poisoned Harry, then Spidey himself, to blackmail Spidey into stealing that information, and he gave Spidey a device to track it, so in a weird way, he was the guy in the chair there, one who tried to force a hero to do villainous **** .
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-30-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Yeah, that premise sure does sound like he'd have Spider-Girl and Spiderling as sidekicks - though at least it would be something new, as neither Mayday nor Annie have been animated before (the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon had a genderbent Petra Parker instead of Mayday).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Hypothetically for that scenario since I'm blending the two comics together could make it so Miles was a kid who was present during "final" fight between Peter and Norman, so maybe he was harboring some guilt all those years. lol

Just me throwing some stuff off the cuff.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Finished Season 2 since D+ is getting Maximum Venom soon.

Goblin War wasn't so bad however:
    - The re-introduction of Harry and Peter drama was un-necessary.
    - Why the hell did Harry keep the plans for the Goblin Mech in his suit?
    - The Neuro Cortex was some Deus ex machina nonsense.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Finished Season 2 since D+ is getting Maximum Venom soon.

Goblin War wasn't so bad however:
    - Why the hell did Harry keep the plans for the Goblin Mech in his suit?
    - The Neuro Cortex was some Deus ex machina nonsense.
    And Toomes as the Goblin King just fell really flat for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that premise sure does sound like he'd have Spider-Girl and Spiderling as sidekicks - though at least it would be something new, as neither Mayday nor Annie have been animated before (the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon had a genderbent Petra Parker instead of Mayday).
    Yeah I was wondering if this idea would have the daughters with powers or not lol.

Hypothetically for that scenario since I'm blending the two comics together could make it so Miles was a kid who was present during "final" fight between Peter and Norman, so maybe he was harboring some guilt all those years. lol

Just me throwing some stuff off the cuff.
    Hm, but if he only gets the powers years later, then feeling guilt would be weird, specially as a kid, there's nothing he could do.

Maybe some guilt could be there, but I feel it'd make more sense to have this admiration for a hero, seeing Spidey fight that hard and seeing all the good he did, or whatever, lots of ways to make that work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I always find it weird that people keep missing Harry after season one, since I always associate him with all the forced melodrama from that season. Season 3 had the best Harry appearances, but he also showed up less and had his issues resolved by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I always find it weird that people keep missing Harry after season one, since I always associate him with all the forced melodrama from that season. Season 3 had the best Harry appearances, but he also showed up less and had his issues resolved by that point.
    The weird thing for me with this show is this is probably the most I've bought into Peter and Harry's friendship, probably helped by Robbie Daymond and Max Mittelman's real life friendship and chemistry, but also probably the most delusional and irrational Harry's hatred of Spider-Man has ever been depicted as.

It's like they had to compensate for not having Jonah around (who they forgot after season 2) by having Harry constantly yelling about Spider-Man being a menace or blaming him for anything with flimsy evidence.

And it'll always be weird to me that they made Harry look like Phil Urich just so they could give him Phil Urich's Hobgoblin gear.

Amazing Member

Found some Venom Max Modell fanart.
    https://twitter.com/saint_alpha01/st...477187584?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Congeridi View Post
    Found some Venom Max Modell fanart.
    https://twitter.com/saint_alpha01/st...477187584?s=19
    I'm surprised I like this as much as I do .