Page 130 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    “THE CELLAR”
    AIR DATE: 10/27/2019
    Spider-Man takes his mission to The Cellar where he believes The Regent is using the powers of Cloak and Dagger, as well as other supervillains, to hold The Avengers captive.
    I'm surprised they're using Amazo's lame cousin, he only really worked in RYV, and only because of the way his powers work, that being he needs to kidnap and keep heroes locked to have the powers, it makes him be too much of a threat to show up even semi-regularly, and even in RYV he was still meh, was only good to give Peter a motivation to go back to being Spidey and wasn't an interesting villain at all, he was just as uninteresting in ASM... So why would they consider him in this cartoon? Spidey has so many better choices...

Of course, maybe they're changing him to be less of a huge threat who manages to capture plenty of heroes, but I won't hold my breath on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm surprised they're using Amazo's lame cousin, he only really worked in RYV, and only because of the way his powers work, that being he needs to kidnap and keep heroes locked to have the powers, it makes him be too much of a threat to show up even semi-regularly, and even in RYV he was still meh, was only good to give Peter a motivation to go back to being Spidey and wasn't an interesting villain at all, he was just as uninteresting in ASM... So why would they consider him in this cartoon? Spidey has so many better choices...

Of course, maybe they're changing him to be less of a huge threat who manages to capture plenty of heroes, but I won't hold my breath on that.
    I expect he'll be a one-and-done after that episode and Spidey beats him (presuming he is more involved in stopping him here then he was in the 616 version).

To be honest I guess he's probably one of the few major things left from Slott's run, for better or worse, that you could still do here and probably the most practical thing from the Worldwide era to adapt for a teenage Spider-Man. So maybe that's why they're using him.

The RYV factor makes me wonder if we'll finally see Mary Jane by this point.

Astonishing Member

I assume the point of the Cloak and Dagger episode is they're "criminals" by virtue of committing crimes against Alchemax for their corruption, but no-nonsense Spider-Man SpOck won't care and will get them locked up so Regent can get their powers.
    Maybe, but Mr Negative still can appears through them.

I expect he'll be a one-and-done after that episode and Spidey beats him (presuming he is more involved in stopping him here then he was in the 616 version).

To be honest I guess he's probably one of the few major things left from Slott's run, for better or worse, that you could still do here and probably the most practical thing from the Worldwide era to adapt for a teenage Spider-Man. So maybe that's why they're using him.

Doubt it. The original comics had Peter, MJ, and Miles (616)/Annie (Secret Wars). More than likely the TV episode will just have Gwen and Anya fill MJ's role.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I mean, yeah, he's major in Slott's ASM, but he still sucked... But hey, if they make a miracle and manage to make him interesting, kudos to 'em.

Does Peter have any love interest? Because if so they could just use her to replace MJ's role, y'know, of the love interest saving Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Doubt it. The original comics had Peter, MJ, and Miles (616)/Annie (Secret Wars). More than likely the TV episode will just have Gwen and Anya fill MJ's role.
    Well maybe MJ could have a role of using Stark's stuff to go save everyone, although instead of using a spider-armor she'd use one of Tony's actual armors, but that'd be pushing it...

I love how the Superior Spider-Man is basically Spider-Man if he were a Supervillain trying to be a hero. He laughs maniacally, talks about how villains are "doomed," and Ock still uses robots to carry out his plans, they're just spiders this time around.

Big Wheel? Where was he during "Bring on the Bad Guys?" We haven't even seen him in a cartoon since the 90's show.

So how brutal is SpOck? I assumed he was just really beating up crooks and locking them up, but it sounds like he seriously took down the crime bosses. Heck, he probably would have killed Sandgirl if Miles hadn't stopped him.

Otto's Peter performance is as unconvincing here as it was in the comics. Although to be fair he really doesn't strike me as the type who would put on airs that he's someone else, at least to a serious extent. But considering he's interacting with people who all knew Otto when he was at Horizon, you'd think someone would clue in as to who might be running Peter's body at this point. At least they're all aware that Peter isn't acting like himself.

We definitely see the indications that, despite fighting crime, Otto doesn't really get what Spider-Man is about by ignoring minor crimes just to focus on the "big picture." Sure he ensures that there's able assistance to be offered in that assistance, but it's not that far from when Peter let the burglar get away when he could've made a difference with his powers.

Poor Miles. Otto treats him like Miles is his assistant and then goes all aggro on him. He even gets called a "knockoff Spider-Man" by Sandgirl. At least SpOck isn't immune to the "Spider-Man needs to get saved" mandate.

Man, Max really seems to have a bad tendency of unintentionally screwing Peter over. Maybe there is a silver lining to Peter not being at Horizon anymore.

I wonder if Peter will have access to Otto's memories in the Trojan Horse. I'm guessing he'll send a message to The Avengers and that's why they'll come after SpOck .

Welp, of course Otto wouldn't care about the idea that he needs to pay for his own education, not caring an iota about Peter's situation or the fact that it's not his body. And he has Peter "quit" school like he still works there. Smooth moves Dr. Octavius.
    That would suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Does Peter have any love interest? Because if so they could just use her to replace MJ's role, y'know, of the love interest saving Spidey.
    It's a modern Marvel cartoon, so...now.

Mighty Member

I love how the Superior Spider-Man is basically Spider-Man if he were a Supervillain trying to be a hero. He laughs maniacally, talks about how villains are "doomed," and Ock still uses robots to carry out his plans, they're just spiders this time around.

Big Wheel? Where was he during "Bring on the Bad Guys?" We haven't even seen him in a cartoon since the 90's show.

So how brutal is SpOck? I assumed he was just really beating up crooks and locking them up, but it sounds like he seriously took down the crime bosses. Heck, he probably would have killed Sandgirl if Miles hadn't stopped him.

Otto's Peter performance is as unconvincing here as it was in the comics. Although to be fair he really doesn't strike me as the type who would put on airs that he's someone else, at least to a serious extent. But considering he's interacting with people who all knew Otto when he was at Horizon, you'd think someone would clue in as to who might be running Peter's body at this point. At least they're all aware that Peter isn't acting like himself.

We definitely see the indications that, despite fighting crime, Otto doesn't really get what Spider-Man is about by ignoring minor crimes just to focus on the "big picture." Sure he ensures that there's able assistance to be offered in that assistance, but it's not that far from when Peter let the burglar get away when he could've made a difference with his powers.

Poor Miles. Otto treats him like Miles is his assistant and then goes all aggro on him. He even gets called a "knockoff Spider-Man" by Sandgirl. At least SpOck isn't immune to the "Spider-Man needs to get saved" mandate.

Man, Max really seems to have a bad tendency of unintentionally screwing Peter over. Maybe there is a silver lining to Peter not being at Horizon anymore.

I wonder if Peter will have access to Otto's memories in the Trojan Horse. I'm guessing he'll send a message to The Avengers and that's why they'll come after SpOck .

Welp, of course Otto wouldn't care about the idea that he needs to pay for his own education, not caring an iota about Peter's situation or the fact that it's not his body. And he has Peter "quit" school like he still works there. Smooth moves Dr. Octavius.

That would suck.

It's a modern Marvel cartoon, so...now.
    Perhaps Gwen's gem induced powers will be as temporary as it was in the comic book.

Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph will be reprising Cloak and Dagger for their appearance on the show.

More episode synopsis':

BRAND NEW DAY”
    AIR DATE: 10/20/2019
    When a series of attacks by a suspected team of super-villains captures The Avengers, Spider-Man is left to figure out who could be behind it.

“THE CELLAR”
    AIR DATE: 10/27/2019
    Spider-Man takes his mission to The Cellar where he believes The Regent is using the powers of Cloak and Dagger, as well as other supervillains, to hold The Avengers captive.
    Oh cool, they're really great on the live action show! Fingers crossed they get some good material to work with, but I'm not hopeful.

Also, ugh...Regent. Stop trying to make him happen, Marvel! He's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Oh cool, they're really great on the live action show! Fingers crossed they get some good material to work with, but I'm not hopeful.

Also, ugh...Regent. Stop trying to make him happen, Marvel! He's never going to happen.
    I wonder if they'll give them more comic-accurate costumes for their appearance here.

I wonder if they'll give them more comic-accurate costumes for their appearance here.
    I mean, they pretty much nailed Cloak's look at the end of last series, while there was really only so much they could do for Tandy that wouldn't be a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. I liked what they did in the show, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I mean, they pretty much nailed Cloak's look at the end of last series, while there was really only so much they could do for Tandy that wouldn't be a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. I liked what they did in the show, honestly.
    Yeah, but I'm thinking of what would look good in an animated series. It's bad enough the cartoons limit themselves to the MCU costumes, but I don't think they need to be beholden to how they looked a live-action series even if they bring the stars in.

Quake in Marvel Rising doesn't look the same as live action Daisy Johnson even though both versions of her are Chloe Bennett. They're not slave to MCU designs.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quake in Marvel Rising doesn't look the same as live action Daisy Johnson even though both versions of her are Chloe Bennett. They're not slave to MCU designs.
    Marvel Rising is more an exception then the norm on a lot of the usual Marvel cartoon "tropes."

Sneak peek of this Sunday's episode: