Page 176 of 184 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    So with Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige handling the future of Marvel Animation, is there anything you guys would like to see or hope to see (storylines, writers, certain animation studios, etc...)? I kind of want to see how Chris Yost would handle a Spider-Man cartoon after finding out almost wrote for Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Honestly I don't even know what they'll do with the next Spidey cartoon, more of the usual formula? Another one trying something different? Who knows...

What I actually want is for Marvel to make its own DCAU, bunch of cartoons that take place in the same universe, only sometimes crossover, but are mostly self contained, and are fun to watch.

For specific stories, don't have much in mind, I do think picking villains like Mr. Negative can be interesting though, maybe Kindred if they're feeling ballsy, but he definitely should take forever to show up if it's going to have any similarities with the comic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I just want them to give continuity to Anya :/
    I'll be surprised if she's picked again over Cindy, feels like it's Cindy's turn now, but who knows.

If a cartoon ever uses Spider-Society (As far fetched as that is), I'll be very disappointed if both aren't used.

I get the feeling this the last we will see of Anya outside of comics for a while. Hopefully making her closer to the comics too.
    Wonder which version they'd pick if it's meant to be closer to comics, Anya has like, 3 noticeably different personalities (Tomboy who doesn't let people walk over her from Araña, pragmatic and borderline villanous in MC2, more of a girlish teenager in **** like Young Allies), though yeah, the whole super genius angle they used here was, odd lol.

So with Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige handling the future of Marvel Animation, is there anything you guys would like to see or hope to see (storylines, writers, certain animation studios, etc...)? I kind of want to see how Chris Yost would handle a Spider-Man cartoon after finding out almost wrote for Spectacular Spider-Man.
    In no particular order of what I want:

- A Spider-Man that can actually take down major villains without help.

- Mary Jane being involved and appearing earlier than she did on this show, and to be a significant character unlike she was in USM, but I would prefer she be portrayed more like she was here instead of being a reporter or like Michelle Jones in the MCU.

- If the other Spiders have to be involved, work out how they should function within the story and in Peter's life, give them a reason to be there, and actually develop them without coming at Peter's expense. I'd rather they not try and turn it into a team show, though.

- Don't throw in a bunch of villains like your checking off boxes.

- Actually develop your supporting cast instead of using them sporadically, just having them around but not doing anything with them, or introducing them but never really doing anything with them. And don't make every character into a super scientist with so little to distinguish them on that front.

- Silver Sable to not be a villain.

- Give Harry Osborn a genuine reason for hating Spider-Man and not because he has to because the franchise demands it.

- Don't forget about Eddie Brock immediately after introducing him.

- Better paced out storylines.

- Use team-ups or guest heroes sparingly.

- Have romance arcs and let them develop properly.

- Aunt May appears more than just every 6-7 episodes.

- Don't try and force Iron Man to have a major role.

- Go for more Spectacular or DCAU in terms of animation.

- A good Green Goblin.

- Don't forget about the Bugle or J. Jonah Jameson after spending half a season establishing them.

- Make Felicia an important character again.

Mighty Member

For a season called "Maximum Venom", it feels weird that Peter has only faced Venom twice, especially when neither time actually featured Eddie. I know this is pedantic, but I always considered "Venom" to be the exact combination of Eddie and the symbiote. Anything else just feels like "symbiote + BLANK", but even Marvel disagrees with me on that.

spoilers:
    I guess it does make sense that Max is the host (besides the bad pun) since he's had a closer emotional connection to Peter than Eddie would. It fell flat for me since I never liked Max, but it makes sense. The one thing I REALLY didn't like was the explanation for Venom's survival. It felt like an Ass Pull. Did the writers forget that the actual Venom symbiote was locked up in the space research center? Why not use that instead?

The Symbiote Sisters were boring villains. They felt like glorified goons and literally come out of nowhere, especially if you didn't watch that You Tube video about symbiote lore they released for this season.

The romantic plotline with Peter and MJ left me with mixed feelings. I overall like this take on MJ and how she provides some grounding to Peter's world, but she barely showed up in the series. Her romance with Peter feels kind of rushed. I'm glad it's just them declaring they liked each other and starting to date, but it still felt a bit unearned. Grady taking Gwen as a date didn't surprise me, but Miles and Anya did. Are they dating? Or did they just go together as friends?

The ending felt like it was a mixed attempt at creating a conclusion while setting up a potential new future. As I expected, they couldn't fit the Swarm and Lizard plotlines together, so they're just left hanging. Kind of weird they're acknowledging them if they didn't resolve them at all. I guess they wanted to leave something if they ever got a new season. Same with Peter and friends starting a new tech company, W.E.B. It's cool that he rejected the Avengers offer and cashed that in for this project instead. It gives him (some) independence and stays true to the whole science school angle from the beginning. Between that and Peter (and potentially the cast) going to Midtown, it could've been a fun premise, but I think the show got there to do that.
    end of spoilers

I guess that's it for this show, then. There's no indication that there's more coming. The next series is focused on a much younger demographic than before. It was a show with potential, but it didn't really live up to it often. Still, it didn't repel me enough like Ultimate did. Until the next Spider-Man cartoon, I'll be enjoying the games instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In no particular order of what I want:

- A Spider-Man that can actually take down major villains without help.
    Of all the ones in your list, why does this one even has to be asked? Adaptations shouldn't screw up that something so obvious gotta be asked lol.

- Actually develop your supporting cast instead of using them sporadically, just having them around but not doing anything with them, or introducing them but never really doing anything with them. And don't make every character into a super scientist with so little to distinguish them on that front.
    I want to see aunt May making a super kitchen to make the best wheatcakes though

- Silver Sable to not be a villain.
    Is this in reference to Spectacular or was she a villain here too?

- Don't forget about Eddie Brock immediately after introducing him.
    How does an adaptation even do that?

- Go for more Spectacular or DCAU in terms of animation.
    Yes please.

Also, the pun with the season's name, I dunno what to think, but it made me chuckle as soon as I heard it, almost something Spidey would say lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Of all the ones in your list, why does this one even has to be asked? Adaptations shouldn't screw up that something so obvious gotta be asked lol.
    I mean, I could say it's a byproduct of being based around the Slott run but I also think it's partially because Superhero fiction these days seems more focused on having everyone in the heroes orbit involved in their Superhero life and contributing and giving them some kind of a team, instead of being wholly self-sufficient.

I cite The Flash TV show all the time with their use of Team Flash but Barry actually has a better track record for resolving the main season conflict on his own than Peter does on this show.
    Is this in reference to Spectacular or was she a villain here too?
    Yeah. First she was a mercenary but then they turned her into a Doc Ock fangirl, more or less. And SpOck called her a shrew .
    How does an adaptation even do that?
    Have the Venom Symbiote steal his voice and then promptly show that it apparently doesn't even need a host anymore. And then no one even mentions him anymore.

I mean, I could say it's a byproduct of being based around the Slott run but I also think it's partially because Superhero fiction these days seems more focused on having everyone in the heroes orbit involved in their Superhero life and contributing and giving them some kind of a team, instead of being wholly self-sufficient.

I cite The Flash TV show all the time with their use of Team Flash but Barry actually has a better track record for resolving the main season conflict on his own than Peter does on this show.
    Yeah it's sad how so many heroes either lose their supporting cast, or the supporting cast becomes part of the super-heroing, which makes the cast less normal, and the hero less efficient lol.

Hell, PS4 Spidey is guilty of this, but not as bad, main hero is still Spidey, but MJ and Miles still end up helping him, and everyone from his supporting cast who shows up is unfortunately connected with the villains, but at least no one is helping him to punch out Rhino (Well, Miles is now in the new game, but that's different lol).

Yeah. First she was a mercenary but then they turned her into a Doc Ock fangirl, more or less. And SpOck called her a shrew .
    Sable of all people an Otto fangirl? That's so weird to imagine, like imagine Felicia taking over as Queenpin .

Have the Venom Symbiote steal his voice and then promptly show that it apparently doesn't even need a host anymore. And then no one even mentions him anymore.
    Didn't Spider-Man Unlimited do something like that with Venom and Carnage? I'm not sure if there was this "steal voice" ****, but I remember at least one episode where it looked like they didn't need hosts...

Just randomly remembered that, still odd to go out of their way to introduce Eddie, only to make an excuse for him to not show up anymore, might as well not have bothered lol.

Guardians is actually pretty solid, all things considered.
    Someone I know said that show is an interestingly good series among this shoddy bunch.

Characterization changes from between media most of the time, a lot of times for good reasons, or because the story calls for it. Not saying that any of the shows didn't have bad characterization at times, but sometimes it needs to happen in order to use certain characters outside of the comics.
    That's true, the characterization of some characters (Hulk, Falcon, Maria Hill) are different in Earth's Mightiest Heroes compared to the source material, but changes for them work in that context.

I have limited to no hope. Sure I have better expectation for story quality with him in charge compared to what came before, but his aversion to secret identity is not my thing.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I wouldn’t rule out Spider-Verse because of the movie but I think this show is basically done adapting Slott’s stuff.
    If there is another season, it would be about Parker Industries, "Peter Parker: The First Teenage CEO"
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If there is another season, it would be about Parker Industries, "Peter Parker: The First Teenage CEO"
    I'm kind of glad the show ended if it means they never get a chance to adapt that...we already have Harry as a teen CEO .

A job he doesn't even want, apparently.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Eh, I can't see Parker Industries being adapted...ever. I think the W.E.B would be more like a workshop for them to build gadgets and stuff like in the PS4 game.

I think that nightmare...Nightmare put Peter through in Ultimate Spider-Man will be the closet thing to a Parker Industries adaption.

Mighty Member

Honestly, making Harry a teenage CEO was a spotty premise that just seemed like an excuse to write him off most of the second and third season. There really wasn't any adult at OsCorp that could take those responsibilities until Harry came of age?

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Honestly, making Harry a teenage CEO was a spotty premise that just seemed like an excuse to write him off most of the second and third season. There really wasn't any adult at OsCorp that could take those responsibilities until Harry came of age?
    It makes about as much sense as Norman leaving Harry a giant robot as his legacy .

Mighty Member

It makes about as much sense as Norman leaving Harry a giant robot as his legacy .
    I always wondered if that was Kevin Shinick's original plan for Norman's last gift to Harry before he left the show.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I think a pitched this a couple of years ago, but one cartoon I would like to see is kind of a fusion of Ultimate/MC2-esque series with Miles Morales as the lead.
    • After a final battle with the Green Goblin, Spider-Man is presumably dead.
    • Peter Parker actually retired to raise his two daughters with MJ (Mayday and Annie). He now has a prosthetic leg.
    • Roxxon attempts to reverse engineer the Spider, which gets stolen by Aaron Davis.
    • Miles gets bitten the Spider and encouraged by Ganke to take up the mantle.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.