Page 168 of 184 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2750
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Is Jefferson Morales being Swarm the biggest leap this show has ever made? Or just one of them?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Since they decided to make sure Anya's stepsister wasn't evil, it ironically was.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    spoilers:
    Since they decided to make sure Anya's stepsister wasn't evil, it ironically was.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That just ends up being convoluted, to where you think they made the female Tarantula Anya's stepsister only for it to turn out that it's the Chameleon this whole time.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Is Jefferson Morales being Swarm the biggest leap this show has ever made? Or just one of them?
    end of spoilers
    In a world when Miles, Anya and Gwen had spider-powers at the same time that Peter Parker. Nah
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Miles has his mother's surname, remember. Jefferson's last name is Davis.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I feel like every Spidey cartoon pulls out their own weird identity swaps with villains at this point, I never really know how to feel about it any time haha.

I actually feel indifferent on this change for once.

Nadji Jeter and Alex Desert nailed Miles' and Jeff's emotions perfectly and it's not like any of Spider-Man's enemies in the comics haven't had their villain names used by more than one person, including Green Goblin, Ock, and Venom.

Like everyone else had said though, the reveal comes out of nowhere considering how he thanked Miles as Spy-D back in season one. Then again, Miles has been in the hospital twice in season 2, the first time because of what Ock did to him, Gwen, and Anya and the other time because of Venom.

The spider-team will probably cure Jeff if they were able to cure everyone else in the Monster League though. Connor's on the other hand, let the dude suffer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I feel like every Spidey cartoon pulls out their own weird identity swaps with villains at this point, I never really know how to feel about it any time haha.
    It feels like Ultimate Spider-Man: lots of potential but nothing more.

I can't count how many times I thought I would enjoy something about the show only to be disappointed. spoilers:
    The fact that Osborn couldn't just walk off the explosion and was amassing power to heal himself was a brilliant writing move! Too bad he just became a generic villain after that.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I actually feel indifferent on this change for once.

Nadji Jeter and Alex Desert nailed Miles' and Jeff's emotions perfectly and it's not like any of Spider-Man's enemies in the comics haven't had their villain names used by more than one person, including Green Goblin, Ock, and Venom.

Like everyone else had said though, the reveal comes out of nowhere considering how he thanked Miles as Spy-D back in season one. Then again, Miles has been in the hospital twice in season 2, the first time because of what Ock did to him, Gwen, and Anya and the other time because of Venom.

The spider-team will probably cure Jeff if they were able to cure everyone else in the Monster League though. Connor's on the other hand, let the dude suffer.
    I don't think it's so much swapping villain identities (we weren't getting a nazi bee guy) but who they chose to use and how random it seems.

Astonishing Member

It feels like Ultimate Spider-Man: lots of potential but nothing more.

I can't count how many times I thought I would enjoy something about the show only to be disappointed. spoilers:
    The fact that Osborn couldn't just walk off the explosion and was amassing power to heal himself was a brilliant writing move! Too bad he just became a generic villain after that.
    end of spoilers
    Not really, he actually become more loyal to his counterpart in the comics as a insane nutso.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Not really, he actually become more loyal to his counterpart in the comics as a insane nutso.
    Yeah, but a little too Hulkgoblin for my tastes (instead of the Stark Goblin we got last season).

Astonishing Member

Yeah, but a little too Hulkgoblin for my tastes (instead of the Stark Goblin we got last season).
    I honestly prefer Hulkgoblin to Stark Goblin because it actually feels like he has superpowers, and I prefer that.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    It wasn't that bad in the past. I remember Electro was a Nazi in TAS tho.

Speaking of Electro, they introduced a new character as Electro instead of Max but she just shows up. Too bad she wasn't a season 1 villain; would've gotten more screen time.

I'm still salty about Sandman and Sandgirl.
    "Cable was right!"

I honestly prefer Hulkgoblin to Stark Goblin because it actually feels like he has superpowers, and I prefer that.
    Well, technically he has superpowers thanks to the Goblin serum, he just augments that with tech.

I really didn't care for how Toomes was basically wearing a big Iron Man armor he could just pop out of. And he barely even did anything in that suit anyways. And what was the point of that upgraded Vulture suit he never used ever again?

I just really did not like Toomes as the Goblin King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It wasn't that bad in the past. I remember Electro was a Nazi in TAS tho.

Speaking of Electro, they introduced a new character as Electro instead of Max but she just shows up. Too bad she wasn't a season 1 villain; would've gotten more screen time.

I'm still salty about Sandman and Sandgirl.
    This show threw in a lot of villain in season 2. I sometimes forget Mysterio showed up.

I assume she was supposed to be the Francine Frye Electro but black like movie Max Dillon.

I really think Bring on the Bad Guys ruined the pacing for Season 2 a lot. Besides Anya becoming Spider-Girl and introducing Prowler it was all filler just to show Peter being worn down. I think a montage similar to his job interview in How I Thwipped My Summer Vacation would have been better. There could more episodes with Superior Spider-Man, Gwen and Anya as Ghost-Spider and Spider-Girl, more episodes for Goblin War to round out the season.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The wearing down could've been done with the jailbreak out episodes with Living Brain by making Peter go through a one-day boss gauntlet.
    "Cable was right!"