Page 39 of 184 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

That was... actually pretty good.

-I like science centric Peter.
    -Strong Spidey is welcome.
    -I think Peter/Harry friendship was handled pretty well.
    -I don't really see Max Modell as father figure to Peter here, I don't know what the hell others saw to make that conclusion. I am not seeing it.
    -Uncle Ben flashbacks were great.
    -Not a fan of young Dock Ock. Really don't see any need for that.
    -Animation should be better. I want to see Spidey's spectacular agility and aerial acrobatics. This animation is not going to do that for me.

Sorry if this was already said earlier in the thread but... Am I the only who thinks Peter looks like Ben10?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Sorry if this was already said earlier in the thread but... Am I the only who thinks Peter looks like Ben10?
    Ben 10 with a galvin brain while still in human form.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post

-I don't really see Max Modell as father figure to Peter here, I don't know what the hell others saw to make that conclusion. I am not seeing it.
    -Animation should be better. I want to see Spidey's spectacular agility and aerial acrobatics. This animation is not going to do that for me.
    I think people saw Max Modell as Peter's father figure because after Peter has a flashback of Uncle Ben giving him life advice, Max says the exact same thing. Also, the producers said he would become Peter's father figure.

I can live with them emphasizing Peter's science-side but I'm still not sure about making science so central to practically everything.

But that's just me.

I'm just glad they didn't go overboard with the tech in the main suit once Peter makes it.
    It'll be interesting to see if this Spidey ever becomes capable enough to pull off something like fighting Tombstone, Silvermane, and Doc Ock at the same time and actually win.

I guess he's doing a solid enough job as a rookie Spider-Man even if he does make some goofy mistakes.

Yeah, as much as I think they may have rushed the enmity between Harry and Spider-Man, the friendship between him and Peter seemed genuine.

I think of him as "nice Jameson."

Agreed .

I still don't really get what they're doing with Ock here.

I mean, having him be one of Peter's teachers/advisors I can get. But why do they need to go full-on Doogie Howser with him and make him a teenager? Just to make the parallels with Peter more obvious? I don't think you need to make them close in age to do that. Maybe it'll just be more fuel for his classic superiority complex, but still.

And he just didn't really feel much like the future Doctor Octopus, from Scott Menville's performance to his personality. Though maybe that'll change once he gets his tentacles grafted onto him.

I feel the same way about the animation in every Marvel cartoon (though Guardians has steadily improved, honestly) .

So far good not as good as Spectacular or 90's Spider-Man series though but good looking forward to seeing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It'll be interesting to see if this Spidey ever becomes capable enough to pull off something like fighting Tombstone, Silvermane, and Doc Ock at the same time and actually win.

I guess he's doing a solid enough job as a rookie Spider-Man even if he does make some goofy mistakes.
    I think it may happen in this series. Spidey casually punching through SUV's roof, then catching it, lifting a big part of a building roof and throwing it? I did not expect that this Spidey was going to be this strong.

I'm not really crazy about this show's take on Miles. His voice and personality just doesn't seem to fit the character (at least as I know him).

Even at his most excitable in Ultimate Spider-Man he still felt more like Miles then he does here. He also wasn't building robots with his own voice .

I think it may happen in this series. Spidey casually punching through SUV's roof, then catching it, lifting a big part of a building roof and throwing it? I did not expect that this Spidey was going to be this strong.
    I feel like they might be a little inconsistent with that strength-level though.

I'm not really crazy about this show's take on Miles. His voice and personality just doesn't seem to fit the character (at least as I know him).

Even at his most excitable in Ultimate Spider-Man he still felt more like Miles then he does here. He also wasn't building robots with his own voice .

I feel like they might be a little inconsistent with that strength-level though.
    Comic book shows always have inconsistent power levels. Some more than others. We'll have to wait and see about this one.

Comic book shows always have inconsistent power levels. Some more than others. We'll have to wait and see about this one.
    True.

I'm curious to see how they'll depict the other Spiders power-wise once they show up, and exactly how experienced/mature Peter will feel by then since that's how they've described the dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by BushidoBlade2 View Post
    Nah, I also think so.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I did find it funny that everyone in the cast seemed to recognize Peter's voice as Spider-Man, even as he clumsily tried to cover it up, though it made me wonder if Robbie Daymond is bothering to differentiate his Peter Parker and Spider-Man voices at all.

If he is, it's even more subtle then what Keaton did in Spectacular.

Mighty Member

I did find it funny that everyone in the cast seemed to recognize Peter's voice as Spider-Man, even as he clumsily tried to cover it up, though it made me wonder if Robbie Daymond is bothering to differentiate his Peter Parker and Spider-Man voices at all.

If he is, it's even more subtle then what Keaton did in Spectacular.
    Everyone except Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Everyone except Harry.
    He's too blinded by his perceptions of Spider-Man as a menace .

Though he did realize he was dressed as a spider before he got his proper suit...

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

Where as Spectacular was unfortunately canceled after two seasons and Ultimate was just down-right terrible, I think this show has the potential to be just as good, if not POSSIBLY better than the 90's show. Again, emphasis on possibly.

It's a little... ruff around the edges, but I enjoyed what I saw. As mentioned above, I would've prefered Harry sport a little bit of that signature Osborn hair and Otto being real young is gonna take some getting used to. Everyone raving about Modell didn't bother me and it's not like he didn't give a taste of what he could do via that opening in the auditorium.

I like that Peter didn't change into the classic suit until at least episode two, and I wondered if they were gonna just keep that exclusive to both the pre-show episodes as well as the pilot. I like that the show-runners stuck to their guns on that.

B+
    "If you're not moving, you're not living. No matter how bad it gets or how many hits you take, keep trying."