Page 141 of 184 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Whoever's in charge of the hyperlinks on that page apparently didn't realise Spy-D was Miles - they didn't link to his profile page like they did with the other three.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Funny thing, one time Spider-Man (Jessica Drew), Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) and Spider-Girl/Araña made a team-up, they called themselves "Team Spy-Der"; because they are spies who use spider's topic.

The finale didn't even use the Spy-D name. Though that might be because Miles never got addressed by name at all during the fight.

spoilers:
    Otto is dead - sacrificed himself to defeat Toomes - Peter's back in Horizon - thanks to Otto paying for a scholarship in his will - and Max knows Peter's secret identity due to a slip of the tongue and a torn mask. The damaged mask means that Gwen and Anya probably now know who he is as well - they forgave him for his actions as Superior at Otto's funeral.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The finale didn't even use the Spy-D name. Though that might be because Miles never got addressed by name at all during the fight.

spoilers:
    Otto is dead - sacrificed himself to defeat Toomes - Peter's back in Horizon - thanks to Otto paying for a scholarship in his will - and Max knows Peter's secret identity due to a slip of the tongue and a torn mask. The damaged mask means that Gwen and Anya probably now know who he is as well - they forgave him for his actions as Superior at Otto's funeral.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

At this point, I can’t listen to Peter and not hear Pancakes.

Thoughts on the finale:

spoilers:
    I really just did not feel the giant CGI robot for a final boss. I mean, the action was fine, but it just didn't have that big, climactic, showdown feel that I expect from a major Spider-Man fight. It also felt completely divorced from the Goblin stuff that had gone on before by turning this into Spider-Man vs. a souped-up Spider-Slayer, basically. And then the episode culminated in a big mind-blast instead of a knockdown, dragout, showdown. This was no "Final Curtain."

I'll be honest, I was expecting Miles' Venom Blast to completely take down the robot with the amount of force he seemed to put into it. I mean, he's done it before.

For once we had a threat that seemed like it warranted more then one Spider-Person, but then the rest of the Spider-Squad/Team Spider/Spider-Family/Whatever they're called got taken out in the first 10 minutes.

"The Jackal taken down?" Was there some off-screen Jackal storyline that finally resolved his plot? Because characters keep acting like that was finished when Jackal high-tailed it out at the end of Spider-Island. Am I missing something here? Or do the writers just not want to deal with him?

"Stark Satellite?" So this is partially Tony Stark's fault ?

The day was saved not by Spider-Man...but by Otto Octavius. Only in a show inspired by Dan Slott would give Otto a big moment of saving Spider-Man, encapsulating all the character development and letting him go out a hero. For fans who prefer Otto as the Superior Spider-Man, or just more heroic in general, this will probably be a treat. Especially with the likelihood that this version of Otto is not likely to be repeated again.

It is kind of noticeable that they killed Otto off before his relationship with Anna Maria could get serious, thus maintaining the status quo of no serious romantic relationships in Marvel cartoons.

I kinda love how Peter acknowledges Otto as his best friend within earshot of Harry while they're mimicking the big Spectacular Spider-Man #200 visual of Harry's death. Serves you right, Osborn .

Although...I feel like this is twice on the show where the main conflict in the finale is resolved by another character other then Spider-Man. Last season Harry set off the explosion that took out Norman and here Otto pretty much single-handedly stopped Toomes. The only thing Peter did was come up with the idea of stopping him and then web up an escaping Toomes, which just felt pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Maybe next season Spider-Man might actually save the day on his own? Is Eddie Brock going to be the big hero of Maximum Venom?

I am kind of happy that the dynamic with the Spiders-Nest is kaput now (unless Anna Maria takes over, I guess). It basically just amounted to Otto or Anna Maria telling our heroes stuff they could have easily figured out on their own, which just got kind of annoying. I hope we don't see any more Spider-Bots.

Although Otto's estate...how much money did Otto have? Wouldn't most of it have been illegally-gained funds?

I am kind of going to miss Midtown though since I don't feel like the show did enough with Peter there. Plus I'll miss Flash. And are we ever going to see Mary Jane on this show ?

I am honestly kind of surprised Peter didn't reveal his identity to Gwen and Anya. I was almost half-expecting him to come out and say he's Spider-Man to everyone at the grave. Makes me wonder what the hero dynamic will be like next season.

So how is Max knowing Peter's identity going to end up biting Peter in the butt? Because you know it will.
    end of spoilers

What's with all the spoiler tags? Episode is out on network TV.

Oh well.spoilers:
    Two moments made me laugh:
    Otto drooling over the idea of what he would do with such machine and Anna Maria yelling at him
    The death and funeral of Otto, which should be a touching scene, but I couldn't help but laugh the way it was played.
    end of spoilers
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The episode only aired yesterday. You'd use spoiler tags on Wednesday and Thursday for new comics unless you're in a specific spoiler thread, wouldn't you?

[Pendatic mode] Network TV? Wouldn't that just be the main channels, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS and CW? Disney XD isn't network TV.

I posted this on another site's forum but I figured I'd post it here as well. I don't innately dislike the premise of the current show or Ultimate Spider-Man, as I gave them both the benefit of the doubt before heading in. I just think they could both be a lot better than what they are.

I hope the next Spider-Man cartoon isn't a third show in a row where all he hangs out with are superhero-friends, or friends who all become spider-heroes, or enlists in a special government training program, or enrolls in a special science school for geniuses. Well, Spidey and His Amazing Friends is next and that's just a whole show about Peter, Miles, and Gwen trying to superhero together for kids so there's that going three for three. That show's gonna be for little kids so it's fine, but for the next big Spidey cartoon I'd like to see a creative team try harder instead of throwing all the spider-people in a team again because it sells toys.

I get the desire to put new spins on it by having Peter be a SHIELD agent in training leading a team of superheroes, or having him be at a fancy science school where many of his villains and super allies also originate from- but it all just fundamentally goes against one of the basic things about Spider-Man: that he's supposed to be trying to get through normal problems and live a normal life beyond all the superheroics he's responsible to take care of. It's a big part of the character's longstanding resonance, and it should be reflected in the cartoons that are made. Even in Spider-Man Unlimited where it's a show that's as far from Spider-Man as you can get, he still struggles a lot and pretty much lives in the slums.

Spidey could but probably shouldn't quit high school to enlist in a government bootcamp (I think he just dropped out of Midtown High halfway through that show just for SHIELD school), nor should he probably go to a school for gifted youngsters he can hardly afford (I like that this was a plot point in the beginning of the current show's second season at least. Getting a job at the Daily Bugle to try and afford tuition is a Spider-Man problem). He has those normal people in his life and they're important because they're not superheroes or all super geniuses. He tries to balance those normal responsibilities and relationships alongside the extra struggle of being a superhero and that always effects the other half.

Ultimate did not much care for the double-life struggles, or the human relationships. Mary Jane all but disappeared from the show until the final season where she gets superpowers so she can show up regularly again. His other best friend Harry became Venom by the 8th episode, then in the final season he complains Peter never sees him anymore then becomes a costumed hero to get prominence in the show again, before gaining a symbiote again.

It's not bad in the show or anything, but I find it problematic that they can't have relations with regular people on these shows anymore. That's been a theme with Marvel Animation 2012-2019 for the most part. This current show- all of the main cast is a spider-themed hero now at this point. Except for Harry, who, oh wait, he's the heroic Hobgoblin. Is it too much to ask for another Spider-Man show that won't be afraid to just try to be a Spider-Man story instead of being a big Spider-team story?

Spider-Verse and Spider-Man PS4 spoiled me last year. They were great stories that got to the core of what Spider-Man is about while also feeling new yet accessible for a very wide range of people in their own ways. Those are two recent examples of doing a new adaption very right and I'd argue the two recent cartoons are examples of doing it wrong, just feeling like they exist to fill the quota instead of offering anything really new or substantial.

Astonishing Member

I don’t have a problem with Spider-Man being part of a superhero academy as much as the writers keep on showing why he shouldn’t.

He doesn’t really trust people (which is actually accurate to the comics) and that makes him a weak link in any team that he joins.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I don’t have a problem with Spider-Man being part of a superhero academy as much as the writers keep on showing why he shouldn’t.

He doesn’t really trust people (which is actually accurate to the comics) and that makes him a weak link in any team that he joins.
    My main issue is that he doesn't need to get bailed out or told what to do anywhere near to the extent he is on this show.

It's Toy Fair, and it seems that there's going to be a heavy push for Maximum Venom.

Marvel Legends in particular look sick! I doubt it, but I hope Anya gets a toy too.

It's actually odd that this the only year since the premiere of the series that they can put focus on it being the only Spider-Man product this year. (Yes, there's Mrobius and Venom 2, but those ones don't really sell toys, there wasn't any Venom toyline and there's no Morbius either.) In 2017, there was the last remains of USM and the release of Homecoming; in 2018 there was Infinity War featiring Spidey and ItSV; and in 2019 there was Endgame and FFH. Kinda of a shame that it took 'til the last season for the merchandise to truly have the spotlight.

It's Toy Fair, and it seems that there's going to be a heavy push for Maximum Venom.

Marvel Legends in particular look sick! I doubt it, but I hope Anya gets a toy too.

It's actually odd that this the only year since the premiere of the series that they can put focus on it being the only Spider-Man product this year. (Yes, there's Mrobius and Venom 2, but those ones don't really sell toys, there wasn't any Venom toyline and there's no Morbius either.) In 2017, there was the last remains of USM and the release of Homecoming; in 2018 there was Infinity War featiring Spidey and ItSV; and in 2019 there was Endgame and FFH. Kinda of a shame that it took 'til the last season for the merchandise to truly have the spotlight.
    Looks like we're getting Anti-Venom and Carnage.

I'm more surprised we haven't heard any murmurings about the next Spider-Man cartoon that will follow this one, assuming there is one, other then the Disney Jr. show.

Incredible Member

Seriously, what happened to the days toy companies want to make toys for every character on the cartoons?

Really, BACK WHEN there was Marvel's Spider-Man toys in my local store, until almost a year ago due to having only one wave, all I saw, was Spider-Men, Peter and Miles, and Vulture, who was also a movie villain who had Homecoming figures back on Homecoming. That's it.

Why, "Back in my day", every wave of super hero cartoon toys, which there was two-three waves a year, had at least three - four different villains!

What happened to the alleged wave(s) that was snapped from a Toy Convention exhibit, that would include Ghost Spider, Spider-Girl, Venom, and Green Goblin?