Page 10 of 184 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

For me she is neither. She has spider powers like Peter and tragedy but that tragedy is different, she has a different world, and still a different character from him, and while she does share some villains she also has her own with different threat levels (in fact I feel Matt Murdock is beyond terrifying, powerful, and so smug then any Spider-Man villain Peter had to face thus far in his early days outside of possibly Green Goblin).
    She is amoung my top favorites and i know she is well love by others. When I began reading her many just looked at her cover and assumed incorrect views (back from the dead, female copy of peter, and much more). People make incorrect assumptions about all books that came out in the recent few years (sadly I find for female heroes it's hard to get some people to give a shot as they assume they know better without reading the source).
    I a HUGE fan of hers and hope for the better for any other versions going to be made of her in the media and more.

MARVEL ANIMATION SET TO TRAVEL TO SPIDER-ISLAND IN 2017

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-animation-...and-disney-xd/
    We need better comics

Why is it that so often when a new character shares a theme with another character one of the first comments about them is that they're just the "adjective" version of an older character? Despite easily seen evidence of the contrary, are people really that lazy with their arguments?

That's probably what I love most about Spider-Gwen (and even Gwenpool in a sense). On the surface they seem as just bare-bones concepts with just a gimmick. But then you see the writers are able to use that to explore all these different creative ideas and develop the characters to become their own personalities, and in some ways surpass the originals.

It also helps Spider-Gwen's got such a neat art style for her book, as well as being one of the very few current running series NOT primarily set on Earth-616, so they have a lot more freedom to do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    MARVEL ANIMATION SET TO TRAVEL TO SPIDER-ISLAND IN 2017

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-animation-...and-disney-xd/
    I guess this is going to be the excuse to give Miles and Gwen their powers?

And there's just something weird about doing Spider-Island with an early days Spider-Man. It's why I kept expecting it to happen on USM, because at least there it would fit given all the other Spider-heroes they were throwing in there and assorted wacky plots they had Spidey dealing with.

it’s important to me that we don’t just pull from the classic stories, but [stories] that newer comic readers might recognize.
    Which also coincidentally happen to be stuff he worked on in the comics .

I'm probably the minority in this, but I'd prefer a well-handled Spider-Man No More adaption then adapting Superior, though I guess I am curious to see how you'd handle the latter in animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

And there's just something weird about doing Spider-Island with an early days Spider-Man. It's why I kept expecting it to happen on USM, because at least there it would fit given all the other Spider-heroes they were throwing in there and assorted wacky plots they had Spidey dealing with.

I'm probably the minority in this, but I'd prefer a well-handled Spider-Man No More adaption then adapting Superior
    , though I guess I am curious to see how you'd handle the latter in animation.
    I would too tbh. I just don't really see it working on a Disney XD show
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I'm probably the minority in this, but I'd prefer a well-handled Spider-Man No More adaption then adapting Superior, though I guess I am curious to see how you'd handle the latter in animation.
    Chances are that if they did an animated Superior, Dock Ock wouldn't be a rapist this time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Chances are that if they did an animated Superior, Dock Ock wouldn't be a rapist this time.
    That wouldn't be hard as he wasn't one before. A horrible person, yes, but not guilty of that particular crime.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    That wouldn't be hard as he wasn't one before. A horrible person, yes, but not guilty of that particular crime.
    He had sex with Ana Maria, who wouldn't have consented if she knew during Superior that he was the psycho known as Doctor Octopus, on that basis, Otto was a rapist. My guess is that given how mild animated is, they would leave the Ana Maria affair out, and do something more like the animated Justice League, where Flash and Lex Luthor switched.

He had sex with Ana Maria, who wouldn't have consented if she knew during Superior that he was the psycho known as Doctor Octopus, on that basis, Otto was a rapist. My guess is that given how mild animated is, they would leave the Ana Maria affair out, and do something more like the animated Justice League, where Flash and Lex Luthor switched.
    It would also probably be, at-best, 3-4 episodes if they want to really draw it out.

Or it could just be a one-shot episode like most mind-switches, even if it would feel like doing an injustice to the story by shortening it to that degree.

It would also probably be, at-best, 3-4 episodes if they want to really draw it out.

Or it could just be a one-shot episode like most mind-switches, even if it would feel like doing an injustice to the story by shortening it to that degree.
    I'd find that to be the most likely. On the other hand, I don't want to see that story adapted anyways, so I'm the wrong person to ask.

What do you mean? By featuring her as a main character?

Well, her sales now aren't as reflective of her being the "big thing" Marvel was promoting her as compared to before.
    Yeah, I think it's going to be hard to minimize Spider-Gwen in the future when she's part of an ensemble here (I know she made some appearance in the Ultimate cartoon, but this seems to be more significant.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

If every time someone who ever had sex with someone that they didn't know everything about at the time and who would later want change their decision to have sex based on knowledge gained after the fact could call that being raped, then an overwhelming number of acts of consensual sex would have to be labeled as rape.

Likewise, if every time someone didn't disclose everything about themselves to a romantic partner prior to intimacy it could be called rape, the numbers on that would also be astronomically high.

So no, not rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It also helps Spider-Gwen's got such a neat art style for her book,
    For now. Gwen will lose her artist in a few months time, Rodriguez is retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    For now. Gwen will lose her artist in a few months time, Rodriguez is retiring.
    That's true, I just hope the next artist they find will do their own spin and not try to replicate Rodriguez'. That second half of the Thanksgiving issue was really unappealing to look at.