Page 102 of 184 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2750

Heh. Just realized the significance of the 252 in the name V-252.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Heh. Just realized the significance of the 252 in the name V-252.
    Say it, I still want to know what the number stands for.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Say it, I still want to know what the number stands for.
    Amazing Spider-Man #252 was the first issue of ASM to feature the Black Suit .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thank you.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ha! I only just realized that and I have the damn issue at the top of my ASM pile! God I feel like a moron.

I've heard that this series is getting the axe after this season in favor of things like Marvel Rising & Black Panther Quest. Anyone know anything more about that or even if it's untrue?

Quote Originally Posted by themasething View Post
    Ha! I only just realized that and I have the damn issue at the top of my ASM pile! God I feel like a moron.

I've heard that this series is getting the axe after this season in favor of things like Marvel Rising & Black Panther Quest. Anyone know anything more about that or even if it's untrue?
    Supposedly all the current Marvel cartoons are ending (and that includes Panther's Quest) and Marvel Animation is going into "hibernation" for a massive re-structuring.

Although J.M. DeMatteis earlier in the year mentioned writing for a Spider-Man cartoon, when production of season 2 would have been long-finished, so you never know.

Maybe it's just immediately getting replaced again? Yeah, Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and GOTG all seem to be ending. Frankly GOTG doesn't surprise me, even it's comic is cancelled. Isn't Rising from a different animation team from, but the same writers as, the current cartoons? We also know Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur has been commissioned. As Rising is just a few shorts and a TV movie, it won't actually replace any of the current shows. No reason they couldn't do another Spider-Man cartoon (maybe make Peter older and have Miles as the primary protagonist, like in the Spider-Verse animated movie). They have two animes they haven't dubbed yet (Disk Wars and Future Avengers) that could fill the Avengers void. I'd like to see X-Men and Champions get shows too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just want them to keep giving continuity to Anya.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe it's just immediately getting replaced again? Yeah, Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, and GOTG all seem to be ending. Frankly GOTG doesn't surprise me, even it's comic is cancelled. Isn't Rising from a different animation team from, but the same writers as, the current cartoons? We also know Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur has been commissioned. As Rising is just a few shorts and a TV movie, it won't actually replace any of the current shows. No reason they couldn't do another Spider-Man cartoon (maybe make Peter older and have Miles as the primary protagonist, like in the Spider-Verse animated movie). They have two animes they haven't dubbed yet (Disk Wars and Future Avengers) that could fill the Avengers void. I'd like to see X-Men and Champions get shows too.
    Actually, they are dubbed, they just haven't been released Stateside.

I think they'd be redone for US and UK audiences. Digimon Xros Wars has two dubs. One called Digimon Fusion Battles released in Asia, and another done by Saban called just Digimon Fusion.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

This one's a two-parter, so there's a lot of thoughts to give.

I honestly like the idea of Spidey going through a villain gauntlet. I'm not sure if it needs to be stretched into a four-parter, but I like the gist of it. It would've been cool to see a lot of the show's previous villains teaming up against Spidey, but this is also an efficient way to introduce new faces. Overdrive and Mysterio were probably my favorites. The former reminded me a lot of Gearhead from The Batman and I wonder if Slott was watching that show when he first created him. The latter had a neat design, and Crispin Freeman hamming it up was fun to listen to. Spot had a tinier role than I wanted him to, but at least they acknowledged his powers can be pretty dangerous.

Anya's segment is probably the weakest, though. I'm a little disappointed that the set-up with Jackal's spiders having different powers way back in season one wasn't brought up again, and they just went with Anya keeping her powers from Spider-Island because.....the cure? It's not really that well-explained. Also, her secretly being a superhero all along felt like a really sudden plot twist and it had no build-up or foreshadowing at all. It will be interesting to see how Gwen gets her powers, since she was no different than the other Spider-Island infectees, and she seemed sad that she didn't get to keep her powers.

Finally, I hope spoilers:
    Scott Menville is just a decoy voice for the mystery employer. Otherwise, it's really obvious who the mastermind is already.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

I think that instead of the body swap, Otto will steal Spidey's powers. However, Otto will still try to go the hero route in order to prove he is the superior spider man. I also think Peter may find being normal to be at least much less stressful for him and be tempted to let Otto keep his powers.

Boring couple of episodes, but that use of Overdrive's nanotech is pretty creative.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE

Mighty Member

I did appreciate the callback to the construction mechs from the Screwball episode.

Mighty Member

Kinda like dan slott asm where Peter screws up, gets nothing but misfortune, and always has to be saved by someone else.