Page 103 of 184 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2750

Interestingly, the first episode from today was written by J.M Dematteis.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mighty Member

That toon has Slott written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Anya's segment is probably the weakest, though. I'm a little disappointed that the set-up with Jackal's spiders having different powers way back in season one wasn't brought up again, and they just went with Anya keeping her powers from Spider-Island because.....the cure? It's not really that well-explained. Also, her secretly being a superhero all along felt like a really sudden plot twist and it had no build-up or foreshadowing at all. It will be interesting to see how Gwen gets her powers, since she was no different than the other Spider-Island infectees, and she seemed sad that she didn't get to keep her powers.
    That's exactly how it happened in the comics. Spider-Island gave her new powers, after she'd previously lost her Arana powers in Ms Marvel. The cure didn't work on her and she kept her new powers. So the only difference is that her history as Arana has been excised.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I found the Anya portion interesting, since this is probably the first time we have a episode (well, part of) that wasn't focused on Peter. It's pretty much from Anya and Gwen's perspective, and we haven't really seen that.

As I said before, one of the main weaknesses of MSM and USM previously is that they try to force the whole team aspect, but this aren't team series. So the the team members that aren't Peter ultimately get zero to no development. If they really want to make us care for the other characters, they should do more episodes like this. Maybe this episode was a hint of things to come for when "Spider-Man is a little out of play”?

I'm catching up with season 2 on the Dvr. This show is beginning to feel like ASM for the last few years

Too much focus on Otto
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

This one's a two-parter, so there's a lot of thoughts to give.

I honestly like the idea of Spidey going through a villain gauntlet.
    Would have been better, my opinion, had such "Villain Gauntlet" actually uses good, non-jobbing loser villains with more dimensions than just fight scenes.

Please, Marvel's Spider-Man, bring some more top-tier threats to actually form a "Sinister Six" than just Doctor Octopus and mind-controlled Vulture, with super-subservient Rhino, bland Steel Spider, and generic Spider Slayer. Mysterio has been the first top-tier worthy villain addition this Second Season so far. Come on, Electro!

Hoping the mastermind of "Bring On the Bad Guys" is Norman Osborn / Green Goblin.
    Last edited by ngroove; 08-01-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Please, Marvel's Spider-Man, bring some more top-tier threats to actually form a "Sinister Six" than just Doctor Octopus and mind-controlled Vulture, with super-subservient Rhino, bland Steel Spider, and generic Spider Slayer. Mysterio has been the first top-tier worthy villain addition this Second Season so far. Come on, Electro!
    I'm pretty sure Electro is the only major classic villain they haven't introduced yet.

Well, him and Chameleon (and Green Goblin if you don't count "Hobgoblin").

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Would have been better, my opinion, had such "Villain Gauntlet" actually uses good, non-jobbing loser villains with more dimensions than just fight scenes.
    Overdrive, Spot, and Mysterio have been FAR from pushovers, with all getting the drop on Spidey at various points. Only Hippo and Panda-Mania stick out and bow out of the plot fairly quick, while the other three nearly kill Spidey at various points. I guess Spot kind of looks like a loser because he gets no dialogue and we get Gwen and Anya's exposition-heavy dialogue instead of the actual fight between Spot and Spidey, but even then, his power-set was giving him a hard time.

I will agree there. I get that it's in-character for Ock to be so arrogant and controlling that he'd brainwash other members and use them as minions, but the Sinister Six we did get were boring and an afterthought. I don't know if we'll get another shot at the Six considering Otto is out of commission and the future storyline he'll get will not need them.

Hoping the mastermind of "Bring On the Bad Guys" is Norman Osborn / Green Goblin.
    He is due for a comeback. Harry as well, or at least what Norman left behind for him. We also haven't seen Jackal at all since "Spider-Island". In terms of large threats, it's just been Doc Ock and Venom.

Astonishing Member

Will we see Mary Jane before Season 2 ends?

Mighty Member

Here's the preview for "Bring On The Bad Guys, Part 3".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Will we see Mary Jane before Season 2 ends?
    I would hope so. It would seem like a bit of a waste if that tiger joke is not followed up on.

Here's a clip from part 4:

(That's apparently supposed to be Electro).

Mighty Member

Here's a small video clip of Booboo Stewart discussing his role as Jack O'Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Here's a clip from part 4:

(That's apparently supposed to be Electro).
    I was digging that Electro design (and revamp in general) until she turned into an energy being. I don't dig Electro as an energy being at all, and she reminded me too much of Zzzax there.

Maybe the comic will synergize to this? At the moment Electro just looks like she's wearing her predecessor's costume.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Why is Prowler working for bad guys in this show?
    And why is female Electro happy with turning to energy? Doesn't she think of how terrible it will be to not be able to eat your favorite food?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Here's a small video clip of Booboo Stewart discussing his role as Jack O'Lantern.
    Jack O'Lantern looks pretty cool .
    I was digging that Electro design (and revamp in general) until she turned into an energy being. I don't dig Electro as an energy being at all, and she reminded me too much of Zzzax there.
    I don't really care much for it, personally. If you're going to call a character Electro, I think they should at least look more like Electro.

I mean, Spec had a pretty major design revamp for Electro but they still retained some elements of Electro's comic design. Frankly the energy form honestly makes it more apparent that this is supposed to be Electro and not some villainous version of Sun Girl.

Although I think she looks more like Videoman from Amazing Friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe the comic will synergize to this? At the moment Electro just looks like she's wearing her predecessor's costume.
    Doubt it. I mean, she's not even the same race as this girl so I don't see the point, and she's a Supervillain fangirl, so she would want to wear the old Electro costume.