Page 105 of 184 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2750
    Mighty Member

These were some pretty decent episodes. I did like the sense of dread around Doc Ock's plan coming to fruition. I do think they telegraphed the body-switch a bit much, and admittedly, I liked how it was handled in the comic better. That said, I liked the use of the Living Brain here. Since it's a pretty obscure Spidey character, the twist that it hosts Otto's consciousness can actually catch non-comic reading people off-guard. The cliffhanger was also great, particularly the juxtaposition of Otto taking over as Spidey and Peter being trapped in the broken husk of the Living Brain.

The description for the preview clips in Marvel's YouTube channel teased that Jack O'Lantern would fight Spidey along Electro and Beetle, but only his canon showed up. Hmm, either the writers for that synopsis misinterpreted how much he'd be involved or maybe he was cut from the episode. Poor Tinkerer. Maybe he should do more behind-the-scenes commission work, instead of using other villains' gimmicks.

The only small disappointment I had was the lack of cameos in the prison. Admittedly, I like watching prison episodes of shows because of all the cameos you could cram in there. But hey, at least Spidey got to revisit Electro and Beetle. Miles's reaction to Anya as Spider-Girl was great.
    Last edited by GamerSlyRatchet; 08-14-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I'm reading on some twitter and tumblr posts that this was the last episode until next summer, but can't find any concrete source, is this true?
    Here's where writer Kevin Burke confirms the show is going on a "brief hiatus."

Marvel did the same thing with the Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon, and that show left off on an even bigger cliffhanger, believe it or not.

Marvel seems to cycle out their Marvel cartoons now where they go half a season, put a show on break, and then bring in another show.

So this series is going on hiatus so Marvel can bring in the new Avengers cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    A year-long hiatus? Well that's one way to drag a potentially cancelled series out.
    Y'know, speaking on that...Scott Menville recently posted on twitter that he had was recording some lines for Doc Ock, but since I have to imagine the voice recording for season 2 was already finished by now, I have to wonder if there might at least be one more season of this show left.

How brief is this brief? A couple of weeks? A month? Two months at most?
    If the hiatus lasts a year, audience will lose interest.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

I don't think it'll be an entire year. At most, probably until January or February of next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    How brief is this brief? A couple of weeks? A month? Two months at most?
    If the hiatus lasts a year, audience will lose interest.
    Agreed, a long-term break seems like a bad idea and a big risk. But, we'll see.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-15-2018 at 11:39 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mmm, so nothing from the Marvel Animation NYCC panel. That's not good news...

BANNED

It's dead Jim.

I'm not surprised. Marvel Animation usually only focuses on the current shows (Avengers: Black Panther's Quest) and the one that will be replacing it in a few months (Guardians: Mission Breakout) at their panels.

Mighty Member

Disney XD Netherlands uploaded a clip from an upcoming episode. It's not in English.

Couple of things to note: spoilers:
    *Spidey is out now as the Superior Spider-Man, complete with the costume with black lenses (though I'm not a fan of the big spider in his costume) and he's using Spider-Drones to assist him in crime fighting.

*Sandgirl is also back, apparently making a deal with some mobsters to capture Spider-Man. She's still as ruthless as last time.
    end of spoilers

Yay, looks like we'll get a version of Superior Spider-Man in the show soon. *crosses fingers & toes for a Titan Heroes version of Superior Spider-Man being issued as a result*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    Disney XD Netherlands uploaded a clip from an upcoming episode. It's not in English.

*Spidey is out now as the Superior Spider-Man, complete with the costume with black lenses (though I'm not a fan of the big spider in his costume) and he's using Spider-Drones to assist him in crime fighting.

*Sandgirl is also back, apparently making a deal with some mobsters to capture Spider-Man. She's still as ruthless as last time.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree about the black spider emblem. I had the same problem with the Black Suit's chest emblem. The show doesn't seem to do well with the big, stretching, spider-symbol.

Oh, and I love how Miles has to come in and bail out SpOck. It's like it doesn't matter whether it's Peter or Otto, Spider-Man has to get saved by his supporting cast on this show .

I also have to wonder if SpOck isn't quite sure of his abilities as Spider-Man if he's relying on drones to help him like that.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I agree about the black spider emblem. I had the same problem with the Black Suit's chest emblem. The show doesn't seem to do well with the big, stretching, spider-symbol.

Oh, and I love how Miles has to come in and bail out SpOck. It's like it doesn't matter whether it's Peter or Otto, Spider-Man has to get saved by his supporting cast on this show .

I also have to wonder if SpOck isn't quite sure of his abilities as Spider-Man if he's relying on drones to help him like that.
    end of spoilers
    Please, Frontier, if you have seen the episode, can you post all the info you have of it? I haven't seen the last two episodes of this season to avoid the cliffhanger of "Superior Spider-Man", but I want to prepare me (because I wish for this junk to be over as soon as possible). I don't want this to run through the remaining 13 episodes of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Please, Frontier, if you have seen the episode, can you post all the info you have of it? I haven't seen the last two episodes of this season to avoid the cliffhanger of "Superior Spider-Man", but I want to prepare me (because I wish for this junk to be over as soon as possible). I don't want this to run through the remaining 13 episodes of the season.
    It will only last three or four episodes.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

end of spoilers

Sandgirl? I assume she's brand new? What's her backstory?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Sandgirl? I assume she's brand new? What's her backstory?
    She appeared last season. She's Sandman's daughter who got hit by the same process that gave Flint Marko his powers.

She was actually probably one of the biggest left hanging villains of last season, along with the Jackal.