Page 109 of 184 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2750

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Anya is about the same age as all the Young Avengers, so it would fit, at least more than Silk who's about the same age as Peter.
    Ahem... spoilers:
    Apparently, that hasn't stopped Cindy from joining the Champions!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Marvel animation really needs to up their animation.

They won't get new people with the bad animation they have. It looks so cheap
    The best looking thing Marvel Animations has delivered this year is Marvel Rising, which production-wise Marvel seems to have more invested in then their other cartoons, but even that didn't look as strong as other animated productions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    A new spider-man show needs several stuffs:
    - great (not good) animation
    - great (not good) visuals
    - Peter being competent and being able to handle his villains on his own
    - Peter being already estalished as spider-man for some time
    - one story by episode but also a greater thread to unify the season, like young justice did
    I agree with all of this, profusely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    ...does anyone find it interesting that in order to get Hobgoblin in a Spider-Man animated series he has to come FIRST. I’m still bitter about Spectacular’s cancellation happening RIGHT before they were going to start the Hobgoblin saga.
    The worst part was that you could have called the show's version of the Hobgoblin the Green Goblin and it would've fit more, even though I don't think the identity was very memorable otherwise.
    I think to make the next Spider-Man show stand out, we could have an adult established Peter... however, I don’t see that happening as being a teenager is the thing to be.
    I do agree that I think the next Spider-Man cartoon should have an adult Peter.

I think they've pretty much played out teen Peter in the cartoons as much as they can at this point, and if they're going to keep trying to implement other spider-people, I think it would work better with an adult Peter.

Hilarious in hindsight as didn’t all of that happen around the same year? Spectacular came out when the marriage dissolved... for some the cartoon was their Spider-Man fix as they couldn’t stand what was going on in comics at the time.

...does anyone find it interesting that in order to get Hobgoblin in a Spider-Man animated series he has to come FIRST. I’m still bitter about Spectacular’s cancellation happening RIGHT before they were going to start the Hobgoblin saga.

I think to make the next Spider-Man show stand out, we could have an adult established Peter... however, I don’t see that happening as being a teenager is the thing to be.
    I agree that it would probably be best, or more interesting, to try going for a Spider-Man show with an older Peter as the focus. The only issue is, I feel like Disney would want to stick with keeping him a teenager/kid because that's their target demographic for who they want to watch on Disney Channel/XD. And especially with Miles and Gwen's popularity, I doubt they would do a show without them involved, so the most likely route I could see them going is copying Into The Spider-Verse and having teenage Miles as the lead and an adult Peter as a supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I agree that it would probably be best, or more interesting, to try going for a Spider-Man show with an older Peter as the focus. The only issue is, I feel like Disney would want to stick with keeping him a teenager/kid because that's their target demographic for who they want to watch on Disney Channel/XD. And especially with Miles and Gwen's popularity, I doubt they would do a show without them involved, so the most likely route I could see them going is copying Into The Spider-Verse and having teenage Miles as the lead and an adult Peter as a supporting character.
    I have to agree, I feel like if we were ever going to get an adult Peter in a Spider-Man cartoon again, it would probably be with the caveat that he's a supporting character to Miles' teen Spider-Man.

I actually am kind of curious if, in light of Into the Spider-Verse, that's what we get for the next cartoon, but I think something more like Marvel Action Spider-Man (where everybody is a teenager again) is probably more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually am kind of curious if, in light of Into the Spider-Verse, that's what we get for the next cartoon, but I think something more like Marvel Action Spider-Man (where everybody is a teenager again) is probably more likely.
    Wouldn't that basically be this show lol
    We need better comics

Whatever comes next, I just hope we get some better designs for the villains because the vast majority of their designs are terrible.

Hilarious in hindsight as didn’t all of that happen around the same year? Spectacular came out when the marriage dissolved... for some the cartoon was their Spider-Man fix as they couldn’t stand what was going on in comics at the time.
    Huh, I wasn't even aware they came out in the same year, what a contrast of quality LOL.

I still wonder just how the hell they were gonna write Hobgoblin when they made Green Goblin/Norman have his main traits, namely the intelligence to manipulate everyone, and using other people to hide his secret identity, though at the very least, Kingsley could use other people without it being dumb luck, since he just happened to pretend to be limping, and just happened to find Harry fainted in the living room, and Harry just happened to have been drinking the Green so he could be used as an escape goat... Yeah lol

One thing I noticed when I binge watched Spectacular a few months ago is on the gang war story (Which was a lot less interesting than I expected), Roderick was there, and occasionaly he acted more cowardly, while it can be understandable since he only acts like that when in danger, I think it's very likely that it was Daniel during those situations, being used by Roderick like in the comics.

At the very least he could start as a teenager and just grow over time, but even that seems unlikely to happen, him starting as an adult would be pretty cool though, but what I really hope is to make it about SPider-Man, and tone down the other super heroes showing up, in older cartoons it seemed like other super heroes didn't exist, but now it looks like everything has to be shared, which makes the hero look less special.

I guess, but at least in my scenario I think they're more upfront about the other Spiders .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Whatever comes next, I just hope we get some better designs for the villains because the vast majority of their designs are terrible.
    I think the villain designs on this show were...unique, but I don't see them having much staying power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    At the very least he could start as a teenager and just grow over time, but even that seems unlikely to happen, him starting as an adult would be pretty cool though, but what I really hope is to make it about SPider-Man, and tone down the other super heroes showing up, in older cartoons it seemed like other super heroes didn't exist, but now it looks like everything has to be shared, which makes the hero look less special.
    The only Spider-Man cartoon that seemed to really focus on Peter growing up was (surprise surprise) Spectacular, especially since they had plans for him to graduate high school and go to college.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I still wonder just how the hell they were gonna write Hobgoblin when they made Green Goblin/Norman have his main traits, namely the intelligence to manipulate everyone, and using other people to hide his secret identity, though at the very least, Kingsley could use other people without it being dumb luck, since he just happened to pretend to be limping, and just happened to find Harry fainted in the living room, and Harry just happened to have been drinking the Green so he could be used as an escape goat... Yeah lol
    Don't forget finding a way to have the Goblin formula not drive him insane (though I think that Norman's "sanity" in the show was debatable). Even escaping to the Caribbean at the end was a Hobgoblin thing! I can see Hobgoblin's approach to be more deliberate, as Norman was pretty sloppy. Spider-Man blurted out to the Green Goblin about his secret identity, which meant Norman had to beat Spider-Man to his house after he lost the fight. He was got lucky Harry was passed out in the living room and improvised as Norman's scapegoat amounted to "the Green Goblin was limping, my leg is fine!". Also by framing Harry, he still linked the Goblin to himself as if he were to show his masked face again it would be off to the Osborn residence. I can see Hobgoblin setting up fall guys deliberately, having multiple people behind the mask and not linking it to himself. It's a shame that we'd never get to see it (or at least hear what those plans with the character were)

One thing I noticed when I binge watched Spectacular a few months ago is on the gang war story (Which was a lot less interesting than I expected), Roderick was there, and occasionaly he acted more cowardly, while it can be understandable since he only acts like that when in danger, I think it's very likely that it was Daniel during those situations, being used by Roderick like in the comics.
    Even when he picked up the chip, the expression on his face made it seem like he didn't know what he was doing. Comparing how he acted under duress when confronted by Silver Sable and Rhino was quite interesting. I'm SURE that the inconsistency in Kingsley's personality would have been a major plot point regarding him. Also they changed Kingsley's profession from fashion designer to perfume mogul. While they said it was primarily to reference his absolute first story in comics, something tells me the change in profession was to also give him a background in chemistry.

I think that was what they were trying to do in Spectacular as time did indeed pass in the show (the 2 seasons took place in about 6 months), with the plan being to end the series with his high school graduation. I've heard that Ultimate had Peter graduate high school, but I'm not sure as I didn't really watch that show. I do think having Peter as an adult adult (ie: not in college) would be an interesting change of pace...though I do think that they would find a way to sideline him to younger characters. Maybe a Spider-Girl show?

As far as the shared universe thing, I think there's a way for it to be done correctly, but I don't think anyone has recently.

I thought this show was put back in the air.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

They way we're talking about does give it that vibe. Also it seems like we're treating this show as a transitional show. Guess we are expecting something better to follow

I think that was what they were trying to do in Spectacular as time did indeed pass in the show (the 2 seasons took place in about 6 months), with the plan being to end the series with his high school graduation. I've heard that Ultimate had Peter graduate high school, but I'm not sure as I didn't really watch that show. I do think having Peter as an adult adult (ie: not in college) would be an interesting change of pace...though I do think that they would find a way to sideline him to younger characters. Maybe a Spider-Girl show?

As far as the shared universe thing, I think there's a way for it to be done correctly, but I don't think anyone has recently.
    Ghost-Spider is more likely than Spider-Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm not sure if USM (cartoon) Peter ever graduated from high school. He kind of just abruptly stopped going to Midtown and started attending a SHIELD Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    They way we're talking about does give it that vibe. Also it seems like we're treating this show as a transitional show. Guess we are expecting something better to follow
    I have no trust in the following show being a better one. I hope they drop the dancing and other awkward stuff when the new show does debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if USM (cartoon) Peter ever graduated from high school. He kind of just abruptly stopped going to Midtown and started attending a SHIELD Academy.
    MJ and Harry were still attending Midtown and they thought Peter was transferred to a school more suited to housing his high I.Q and gift for science. She said so in the Symbiote Saga in season 4.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Mighty Member

Did the absence of romance help or hurt this show? I think that this cartoon and the last one didn’t have any romance... Peter had a few love interests in Spectacular; and in Spider-Man the Animated Series even Debra Whitman was getting pimped out to Morbius and then Flash Thompson. Do you think some romance is needed in a Spider-Man show?